Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundromat with sellable items

For the eco-friendly pack. There could be coin operated washer and dryers for Sims to make simoleons as a business opportunity. Then there is sellable detergent and fabric softner.

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Ooo, interesting idea! And all this time I was focused on laundry at home, but this does open up the possibility of laundromats.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    arianarenee9arianarenee9 Posts: 19 New Member
    This is so cute! The one thing I loved about TS3 University was the addition of the laundry! It made things so much more real, I'd always have my sims do 'Sunday chores.' and that was just something that added to my game so much. There's so many interaction's that could be added too!
    the angry emotion pops up because 'someone stole the dryer they were just about to use.' or angry because ' they spent 10 simoleans trying to dry their clothes and they're still sopping wet.' The toddlers could play in the pile of laundry and the kids can steal clothes that they'd want from someone else's pile. they can get sad because when they went to buy the detergent and fabric softner (I imagine it coming from a vending machine type of thing) that their money gets stuck in the vending machine. They get happy because of 'the smell of fresh clean clothes'.
    Stuff like that could all add so much to the game I think!
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I like that idea. You could also have a dry cleaners where other sims drop their clothes off to you, that could be a good business.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Laundromats would be cool - provide a social venue and expand this beyond a house chore. I get why so many people want laundry but my biggest problem with it in Ts3 was all the dang clothes piles! You literally had to have a hamper in every room on the off chance your sim changed - had to have a hamper by the pool, the work out equipment every bathroom/bedroom etc unless you didn't mind constantly going around and picking it up! So I would like a laundry robot - like a Roomba or something - that picks up all the clothes piles - (I know maids do it too but they couldn't keep up with how much my sims change outfits, lol) but maybe instead if we had laundromats we could also have an interaction on the phone where you called a dry cleaning service and an NPC came and took all your dirty clothes and you could get them back with a bill in the mail the next day? That way our lazy or rich sims can avoid laundry and our hard working house sims can enjoy it.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Should include findable objects for clothing hampers or dryers too like a wallet, wedding ring, incriminating photo, homework, love note, stuff animal, missing sock pair, hurtful journal entry page and earrings.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    edited April 2017
    Any laundry clutter, detergent bottle etc should be able to slot to shelves. So few things do and shelves in laundry rooms are a thing. (Edited to fix the weird things autocorrect did)
  • Options
    Instead of using stairs or elevators. Laundry Chutes could be added for Sims to travel between house floors.
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Instead of using stairs or elevators. Laundry Chutes could be added for Sims to travel between house floors.

That would be awesome! Like the one from home alone or something!
  • Options
    CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    This sounds nice, but to be honest, to me laundry has zero to do with eco-living. Laundry is a regular task everyone does and sure, there are washers that save more energy, but most of the time, a washer uses a lot of energy. It isn't anything specifically tied to what eco-living means.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Candacis wrote: »
    This sounds nice, but to be honest, to me laundry has zero to do with eco-living. Laundry is a regular task everyone does and sure, there are washers that save more energy, but most of the time, a washer uses a lot of energy. It isn't anything specifically tied to what eco-living means.

Eco Living wasn't my first choice but I thought having coin operated wash houses could be a new way to earn simoleons. I guess it's going to be combined themes cause laundry won even though Eco Living was the survey title. I just thought up Sims sliding down laundry chutes to try making it fun. Someone mentioned they wanted irons too. I felt it was useless but thought it could be used as an alternatively cheap way to cook stove top food by using irons.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    To me it sounds a bit much for stuff pack to have a machine that would generate money for the business owner. We don't have that mechanic in the game for now, so I don't know how difficult it would be to create? I guess my issue here is that even though I don't really mind one if the two gameplay items is a washing machine, I would like the other gameplay to be something else and not focused on laundry :smile: