Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting out stuff pack ideas!

Comments

• Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    I'm loving all these ideas :open_mouth:

In the sims 3, I believe there were little 1x1 rooms (Like a bathroom stall almost? But only 1 square.) that had a toilet, shower and sink in them? I don't know if i'm imagining this but I think they'd be so so helpful for the 100 baby challenge. I've had so many sims die of embarrassment!
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

In the sims 3, I believe there were little 1x1 rooms (Like a bathroom stall almost? But only 1 square.) that had a toilet, shower and sink in them? I don't know if i'm imagining this but I think they'd be so so helpful for the 100 baby challenge. I've had so many sims die of embarrassment!

I believe you are thinking of the all-in-one stalls that take care of bladder and hygiene all at once. I think they came with Into the Future. I loved those and were great space savers.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member

I believe you are thinking of the all-in-one stalls that take care of bladder and hygiene all at once. I think they came with Into the Future. I loved those and were great space savers.

Yeah, those. I think those would be really helpful. There could be a cheap/second-hand version, then once you got more money there might be a more expensive one that hasn't been used?
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited April 2017
    Buyable elevators, trash compactors and sleeping bags! Those are the things that come in my mind when I hear "space saving".
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, those. I think those would be really helpful. There could be a cheap/second-hand version, then once you got more money there might be a more expensive one that hasn't been used?

I like where you are going with that. A beat up version would also be good in seedy bars or taverns as well. They could serve as toilet stalls since we don't have those yet.

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I would also like to see those curtain-door thingies where you have to walk through them, as they act like arches that hold no privacy.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    I would also like to see those curtain-door thingies where you have to walk through them, as they act like arches that hold no privacy.

Nice. That would be good for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravans, separating kids rooms (this side of the room is MINE!), or separating the bathtub from the rest of the bathroom.

• Options
    janwearsbracesjanwearsbraces Posts: 53 Member
    • Hot plate and/or toaster oven
    • Thrift-store clothing and furniture--stuff that has signs of wear and is hopelessly mismatched
    • Threadbare rugs; curtains that look like tacked-up fabric/bed sheets
    • Bunk beds and futons
    • Rental furniture and appliances that gets repossessed if your Sims miss a payment

Hmm, this is sort of starting to sound like white trash Sims. Dare I suggest walls and windows to construct a realistic-looking mobile home? :p
    Spiral staircases please!
  • Options
    • Hot plate and/or toaster oven
    • Thrift-store clothing and furniture--stuff that has signs of wear and is hopelessly mismatched
    • Threadbare rugs; curtains that look like tacked-up fabric/bed sheets
    • Bunk beds and futons
    • Rental furniture and appliances that gets repossessed if your Sims miss a payment

Hmm, this is sort of starting to sound like white trash Sims. Dare I suggest walls and windows to construct a realistic-looking mobile home? :p

Well, that should be right up Johnny Zest's alley! Something to spruce up his trailer :D

• Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    All of these sound like great ideas

Maybe add a loft bed with space underneath for a desk (like in TS3 Generations). Btw we need a generations pack for TS4 because I loved TS3 Generations.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Bi-fold doors, interior sliding doors
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    Laptops!!!
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    Maybe add flashlights for when your sims fail to pay the bills and lose electric?
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I'm really hoping for a venue like consignment stores, or the ability to actually have a yard sale. I know yard sale items are mention just not sure if that means yard sales would actually happen or not.

Yard sales are already in the game if you have CL.
  • Options
    VengefulBlueVengefulBlue Posts: 7 New Member
    I think this SP would be pretty great for college-style living as well as tiny living. I have a bunch of pretty specific ideas, so I sorted them by type.

Building items:
    ladders
    spiral stairs
    L-shaped split-level stairs
    U-shaped split-level stairs

Buy items that would require new/altered animations:
    mattress on floor
    sleeping bag
    bunk beds
    mini-fridge

Buy items that could recycle old animations/don't require animation:
    grungy recolor/retextures of various base game items
    futon-styled couch
    hotplate (usual stovetop animation)
    small electric kettle (coffee pot animation?)
    laptops (usual computer animation)
    suitcase dresser [just a suitcase object that functions as a dresser]
    one-tile "IKEA-like" dresser [cloned from the Simplicity Nightstand]
    one-tile rolling fabric dresser [like "Style It 4-Bin Rolling Cart"]
    one-tile milk crate dresser [2-3 vertically stacked crates with folded clothes inside]
    one-tile milk crate bookshelf [3-5 vertically stacked crates with books inside]
    one-tile bathroom [enclosed, no special animation]

Gameplay edits:
    allow full sleep on couches [tbh I think this should just be patched in no matter what]
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    a hammock!
    Yes!! Something they could carry with them, and have the option to hook up hammock so that they can sleep just about anywhere.

I'd like an all-in-one kitchen
    131166-All-In-One-Kitchen-Unit-For-Small-Kitchens.jpg

And a return of the all in one bathroom.

And loft beds, but include doubles this time.
    And a sofa bed.
    And a washing machine bike (laundry and fitness at the same time!)
    bike-washing-machine4.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited April 2017
    Inflatable Air Mattress. Could be a sellable box item for stores.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Inflatable Air Mattress. Could be a sellable box item for stores.

There are air mattresses beds in Outdoor Retreat that work well for this now. But you don't get the fun of blowing them up or having them deflate on you.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Cinderellimouse The cheapest BG stereo is portable, unless you mean smaller than that.

I would like sofa beds to be an optional part of sectional sofas (along with sections for recliners, chaise or corner etc - morphable like kitchen counters) but that's too much coding for a SP:

c4380060f15a8e8277ee644c6a20550e.jpg
    sectional-sofa-bed-b1.jpg

I'd also like dining tables/picnic benches/desks that fold out from the wall, or pull out of counters:

FoldingTable01.jpg
    Desk-19.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    b3abf10172a0f7be95a7ce0dad8835df.jpg
    padstow-extending-round-dining-table-marks-amp-spencer-save-with-regard-to-93-outstanding-fold-out-wall-table.jpg

• Options
    eseatsimseseatsims Posts: 1 New Member
    Unsure if anyone else has mentioned it, but ovens that are built into wall units and counter-top hobs would be great. Bunk beds or loft beds would be very much appreciated too! If this pack was designed to save space, could it also include different stair layouts? Spiral stairs, U shaped stairs, L shaped stairs...
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    @Cinderellimouse The cheapest BG stereo is portable, unless you mean smaller than that.

Yes, smaller and cuter than that like:

40696088-Old-turquoise-or-green-vintage-retro-style-radio-receiver-isolated-on-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg

• Options
    Meepy!!Meepy!! Posts: 260 Member
    This isn't exactly an object that could be implemented into the stuff pack, but maybe there could be a sort of benefits system for those sims who are starting out. It'd have to have a certain set of requirements, like not having an actual job, but it would be a way sims could earn a small income without working.
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    If any sort of "system" is added, may be nice to have a roomate system with this one, so you can start out but still save money on bills, and play with roomate dynamics. Or else some kind of home maintanence system.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Sofa beds would be great!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    jimjam1009 wrote: »
    AJP wrote: »
    - maybe fairies? that live on the secret lot in Willow Creek
    - werewolf

I love the idea for fairies having a secret world like in the survey and I really want werewolves to come in the suspected pets pack.

Yay, fairies! I hope they show up one day.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.