Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    Snowleopard_0Snowleopard_0 Posts: 228 Member
    These forums are actually a pretty good place to hang out. I was worried it would be kind of scary
    she/her- Gallery ID is Solaranimal1
    Someone who cries to minecraft music
    (Hey guys, can someone tell me how to put a picture here?)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Naw. It ain't nothing to be worrying about. We all just goof off here. Glad you stopped by :)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    These forums are actually a pretty good place to hang out. I was worried it would be kind of scary

And this thread is da best thread, right? XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member

This thread is VERY dangerous! There's this guy that throws rubber chickens in here once in a while. Don't ask me how that's even possible!
    On the bright side, @DeKay provides us with beautiful art and asks entertaining questions. The buffet has been reopened but it's only serving chocolate cake and grapefruit juice at the moment. Also, the 100,000-count ball pit is still closed from when those children were stuck in it. Luckily, we were able to get food to them via Uber eats until we could get them out a week later. It now just needs to be dredged before reopening.
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Speaking of questions... today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather have more money or more time?

More money. Muahaahahahaha. I know I go by the whole "time is money" thing but I guess with more money, I would be able to buy things that could help me with more things to get more things done and thus, I will also have more time to do leisurely stuff.

3518id.png
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    *puts rubber chicken into bottomless pit*

This pit should fill up soon...
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    More money because when all you have is time, you still don't live forever, but it sure feels like it!😆 And of course we know all our money won't another moment buy, but how we lived in that time really makes a difference. Being food-and-shelter-insecure can make you just want to quit.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Snowleopard_0Snowleopard_0 Posts: 228 Member
    This reminds me of CGP greys dragon tale, it was an argument for making a cure for anti aging. If you have more time, you have more chances to think of a solution.
    she/her- Gallery ID is Solaranimal1
    Someone who cries to minecraft music
    (Hey guys, can someone tell me how to put a picture here?)
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
    Rewind meaning you can go back and repeat the same thing again, with the possible butterfly effect consequences.
    Pause meaning you can pause time and all other living things around you.

Both are pretty cool but I'd pick the pause one cuz then people might think I'm the Flash and can get things done quickly. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Rewind meaning you can go back and repeat the same thing again, with the possible butterfly effect consequences.

Well, a rewind button is pointless - How many times do you REALLY enjoy watching the "Instant Replay" parts of sporting events on the TV?

A pause button would be far more effective - you would never be late for a class / meeting again! Forgot your anniversary / a birthday / holiday? - Pause! Get a gift and restart time!

(Also, if you missed out on the days of the "Mannequin Challenge" , here's your chance!) :lol:
  • Options
    hailexityhailexity Posts: 26 Member
    Definitely helpful for new members to add comments lol :)
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

Both are pretty cool but I'd pick the pause one cuz then people might think I'm the Flash and can get things done quickly. XD

Both could be equally useful for preventing disasters, but the instant rewind has the advantage that, if you missed the moment and your loved one were shot, you could rewind to that moment and push them out of the way, or better yet, knowing who the shooter was going to be, get behind them with...preparedness provisions. The difficulty there would be that you'd have to let them actually draw and hope to God you could react in time because preventing it before they presented a threat would land you in serious trouble. Maybe take them out of commission in some subtler way.

With a pause button you could do more: you could literally pluck the bullet out of the air. But if you didn't manage to hit it in time, gone is gone, and done is done. Or if you weren't there. So in that case the rewind is more useful because you can go back in time to before a tragedy happened and do something to prevent it, even if it was something you couldn't have prevented with a pause button because you were somewhere else and had no idea what was happening til after the fact.

Worse, what if it's something you need help, to prevent or change, but you can't enlist aide because everyone else but you is paused? You'd sit in that paused moment knowing something was about to happen the moment you pushed play again, and without help, you couldn't stop it from continuing. that would be hell.

So the rewind still looks better.

And with rewind power, there are so many things, so many mistakes, I could correct, that a pause button that only works in the present, could do nothing about.

So, rewind button for the win.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    MissLyn2408MissLyn2408 Posts: 38 Member
    Hmm.. I regret things easily, so I have always considered myself wanting the rewind button. Yet the truth is that now that I am asked the question I do not want a rewind button at all.

I'd rather have the pause button if I could pause the time around me and the time of my age. I could pick up many skills.

In the end, gaining those skills would be useless if I continue to have a bad memory and lose the skills quickly, ya?

Nonetheless, final answer is pausing time. If it doesn't pause my age as well and I knew this I just wouldn't use it except in emergencies.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do weekends really help you to chill after a hectic week?

Most definitely! It's funny how I'm still more chill on Saturdays than on days that I take off days from work. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    edited September 2021
    Speaking of questions... today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather have more money or more time?

More money. Muahaahahahaha. I know I go by the whole "time is money" thing but I guess with more money, I would be able to buy things that could help me with more things to get more things done and thus, I will also have more time to do leisurely stuff.

3518id.png

More time to play video games. XD
    Today's Q Q is:

Pause button for more time to work on schoolwork
    Today's Q Q is:

Most definitely! It's funny how I'm still more chill on Saturdays than on days that I take off days from work. XD

Used to, but with me working most weekends, not really
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Not really. It's just another stressful day for us.

Paper signing supposed to be this coming Wednesday (15th) - hoping all goes smoothly. After that, we can chill. :sunglasses:
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

We only have "weekends" together off, every few weeks, but Sunday is always a day off for him so we're often very lazy on Sundays.

I think the M-F workweek with weekends off is a relic of the 20th Century with its comparative socioeconomic stability. Most people don't get to relax just because it's Saturday or Sunday in the US anymore.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh yea. I have to wake up at like 5:50 every morning so weekends are the best. Help me refresh
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What was your favorite toy growing up?

I used to play Legos and Barbie dolls. XD Me and my brother had like a whole Lego town in his room and the residents are Happy Meal toys. That was fun too. Tho, I guess I don't have a very specific fav toy.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

I used to play Legos and Barbie dolls. XD Me and my brother had like a whole Lego town in his room and the residents are Happy Meal toys. That was fun too. Tho, I guess I don't have a very specific fav toy.

Baby dolls. I had a whole collection of them and named every single one. I had like 20 at one point.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options

Today's Q Q is:

I had one of those plastic alligator heads on a stick that opened it's mouth when you pulled a finger lever. I'd stick it out the car window and do it at people while making "alligator" noises. I was nuts then too! 😂
    I also had a lot of Legos. 😁

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    Oh I remember those! I loved them too! They were at every dollar store and carnival for a while. Along with those "Groan tubes" remember those? The long tube that you turn over and it goes "oOOOOOEEEYYYYYYYYY!" as the thing inside slides down? Gawd I loved those. Then they started selling shorter ones that didn't have nearly the satisfying sound. And then they were gone. Sad.

I didn't get to have legos as a kid (too poor) but I got to play with them at someone else's house a few times. I can still get kind of lost playing with them, and like those tiny kits to build little lego-like models of famous buildings and such. New legos are terrible: the plastic resin is much softer, and has a sort of greasy feel to it somehow, and they don't hold together at all well.

One of my favorite or most memorable toys aside from those groan tubes, was I was lucky enough one year to get a Space Pet. The High-Hoppin Hoomdorm, and you haven't lived til you pump it up and turn it on next to a cat! ROFLMAO

kwB3TeO.png

I agonized over which one to ask for for Christmas, because I wanted them all. The other thing I dreamed of having was an Atari, and eventually got a secondhand one and played the crud out of it. So two favorites: this, and the Atari system.

Great question and I hope everyone chimes in!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    @Nushnushganay I was poor growing up too (for U.S. standards at that time) We frequently ate mac & cheese or hotdogs & beans but, I had a lot of Legos because I asked for them every birthday and Christmas. I have great mechanical reasoning because of the Expert Builder sets.

I also had one of those noise sticks you mentioned. I always thought that's what an alien would sound like, which is why I'd scare people with it! he he!

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Justa_G00f wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I had one of those plastic alligator heads on a stick that opened it's mouth when you pulled a finger lever. I'd stick it out the car window and do it at people while making "alligator" noises. I was nuts then too! 😂
    I also had a lot of Legos. 😁

Oh, I had that too! XD
    Oh I remember those! I loved them too! They were at every dollar store and carnival for a while. Along with those "Groan tubes" remember those? The long tube that you turn over and it goes "oOOOOOEEEYYYYYYYYY!" as the thing inside slides down? Gawd I loved those. Then they started selling shorter ones that didn't have nearly the satisfying sound. And then they were gone. Sad.

[...]

Great question and I hope everyone chimes in!

LOL, at the ooooey sound. That's right. I had one like that too and I thought it's a back scratcher since it had a hand on one side. 😆
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I have set up numerous, opened paper grocery bags on my living room floor. Now, the cat is jumping over them, chasing the "dot" around and hiding inside them.
    NEVER spend money on cat toys! lol

ntq84Hk.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top