Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nurse always in the way

This has bothered me since GTW came out, and one of the main reasons I've avoided continuing to get my sims in the medical field promoted. But I'm trying it again, and my sim is friends with the nurse, but she is always standing in the way of the patient. And then I have to make her move by having my sim Mean > Move. I don't like doing that, but it's the only way. And soon as I finish up treating the patient that she was standing in front of, and get a new patient in either the same bed or a different bed, here she comes. Is there a mod for this?

I've even gone and redone the hospital rooms, took out the divider, moved things around. Even placed one bed in each exam room, yet here she goes, standing in my way. It's really frustrating and I want to pull out my hair. Am I the only one this happens to?
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Options
    applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    Ugh, yes. This happens to me constantly. Good to know the tip about being mean... I'm willing and ready to do that if it gets her outta my way! Hahahaha
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I hate that too. I think if you cheat and enter build mode, removing the partitions help.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I recently found this in my game, I just reset the nurses when they're in the way.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    It's good to know that I'm not the only one having this issue. I've tried resetting the nurse but then she'll just leave the hospital lot. lol Then new one shows up and stands in my sim's way.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I have had this issues to I tend to just not get to that patient because the Nurse just stands there for the entire shift.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    applehart wrote: »
    Ugh, yes. This happens to me constantly. Good to know the tip about being mean... I'm willing and ready to do that if it gets her outta my way! Hahahaha

My sim is always apologizing to her too. lol I don't want the mean action to have a negative effect on their friendship.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I have this problem too, and I hate it! I just reset the nurse Sim, but that gets old. How do you build on the hospital lot? I didn't know you could do that!! I want to change so many things in that hospital, lol.
  • Options
    I have this problem too, and I hate it! I just reset the nurse Sim, but that gets old. How do you build on the hospital lot? I didn't know you could do that!! I want to change so many things in that hospital, lol.

lol Yes, telling her to move is getting old too. To build or edit any career lot open up your cheat window, enter testingcheats on, hit enter. (I'm assuming you know this, but I just wrote it out anyway. lol) Then type bb.enablefreebuild that will give you the ability to do whatever you want on the lot. But it can be buggy sometimes. Also, make sure you keep the objects that are needed for the hospital to function properly.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Yeah, the nurses are a pain to deal with. I usually just let them have that patient and attend to other sims. No use fighting a losing battle. c':
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    This has bothered me since GTW came out, and one of the main reasons I've avoided continuing to get my sims in the medical field promoted. But I'm trying it again, and my sim is friends with the nurse, but she is always standing in the way of the patient. And then I have to make her move by having my sim Mean > Move. I don't like doing that, but it's the only way. And soon as I finish up treating the patient that she was standing in front of, and get a new patient in either the same bed or a different bed, here she comes. Is there a mod for this?

I've even gone and redone the hospital rooms, took out the divider, moved things around. Even placed one bed in each exam room, yet here she goes, standing in my way. It's really frustrating and I want to pull out my hair. Am I the only one this happens to?

I have to constantly do this too. It drives me nuts.all the Nurse does is talk to one patient the whole time.

71rbpi.png
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    My vampire Sim is a doctor and have this problem too - among many other problems with the doctor career. My vampire does not care if he is mean - he has the mean trait so I assume he rather enjoys it! He can do the hallucination thing which keeps them out of the way for awhile - or command them to sleep, sit, or leave - one nurse sat right on the ground where she had been standing and my Sims butt was right in her face examining the patient! It really does not matter if they leave - they don't do anything but get in the way anyway. I have also reset them and that helps. Usually, I just avoid the patient that the nurse stands by - plenty of other patients!
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I go the "call over" route and then swoop in the moment they begin to walk away.
    Yeah, the nurses are a pain to deal with. I usually just let them have that patient and attend to other sims. No use fighting a losing battle. c':

Sometimes you don't have enough patients, so you have to admit them to the bed. Then you run into other problems like everyone wanting to use the same occupied beds.

@GoldenBuffy, you can check out the EA forum for GTW doctor bugs.

I finally got to chief of staff, but I had to cheat to get past lvl 8 since I can't deliver a baby.

aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    JasonSim16 wrote: »

I have to constantly do this too. It drives me nuts.all the Nurse does is talk to one patient the whole time.

Yes, and it drives me crazy. I'm like come on AI make her use the bathroom, get something to eat, make some coffee. Check on other patients, but all she does is stand there and talk to that one sim. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    My vampire Sim is a doctor and have this problem too - among many other problems with the doctor career. My vampire does not care if he is mean - he has the mean trait so I assume he rather enjoys it! He can do the hallucination thing which keeps them out of the way for awhile - or command them to sleep, sit, or leave - one nurse sat right on the ground where she had been standing and my Sims butt was right in her face examining the patient! It really does not matter if they leave - they don't do anything but get in the way anyway. I have also reset them and that helps. Usually, I just avoid the patient that the nurse stands by - plenty of other patients!

lol The nurse rather have a face full of butt than leave.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    megiare wrote: »
    I go the "call over" route and then swoop in the moment they begin to walk away.

Sometimes you don't have enough patients, so you have to admit them to the bed. Then you run into other problems like everyone wanting to use the same occupied beds.

I finally got to chief of staff, but I had to cheat to get past lvl 8 since I can't deliver a baby.

I'm going to try the "call over", I hadn't thought of that! Great idea. You say you can't deliver babies, might I ask, can any of your pregnant sims give birth at the hospital? When I first got CL my sim went to the hospital to have her first child, but after a whole day nothing happened, she was in a continuous loop of labour. Her husband was a doctor so after he got off of work I switched back to him at the house and brought her back home. Then she gave birth.

Now my daughter, who has the game (my game from Origin) installed on her laptop can't get her sim to give birth. And this is the second time it's happened to her. The first time she had removed all her cc and repaired her game. That seemed to have fixed it, because her sim gave birth. Well her sim went into labour earlier today and she sent her to the hospital. She wouldn't give birth. She brought her home, again, no baby. Took out all cc and mods and repaired the game. This time that didn't fix the issue.

Is this happening to you in your game?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    TrishaBelleTrishaBelle Posts: 36 Member
    My nurses are the same. They stand there all day talking to the same patient and don't even take their temperature. They need to be FIRED!
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member

I'm going to try the "call over", I hadn't thought of that! Great idea. You say you can't deliver babies, might I ask, can any of your pregnant sims give birth at the hospital? When I first got CL my sim went to the hospital to have her first child, but after a whole day nothing happened, she was in a continuous loop of labour. Her husband was a doctor so after he got off of work I switched back to him at the house and brought her back home. Then she gave birth.

Now my daughter, who has the game (my game from Origin) installed on her laptop can't get her sim to give birth. And this is the second time it's happened to her. The first time she had removed all her cc and repaired her game. That seemed to have fixed it, because her sim gave birth. Well her sim went into labour earlier today and she sent her to the hospital. She wouldn't give birth. She brought her home, again, no baby. Took out all cc and mods and repaired the game. This time that didn't fix the issue.

I've actually had my sim that's in the doctor career give birth at the hospital and other sims before her since getting CL. It's just for whatever reason, I can't complete the "deliver a baby" task to get promoted b/c my game just doesn't populate one or w/e.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member

lol Yes, telling her to move is getting old too. To build or edit any career lot open up your cheat window, enter testingcheats on, hit enter. (I'm assuming you know this, but I just wrote it out anyway. lol) Then type bb.enablefreebuild that will give you the ability to do whatever you want on the lot. But it can be buggy sometimes. Also, make sure you keep the objects that are needed for the hospital to function properly.

Awesome, thank you so much @GoldenBuffy !! Now, to make the hospital more um, hospitable! :D
  • Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    That's happened before I usually shoo them away.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options

I've actually had my sim that's in the doctor career give birth at the hospital and other sims before her since getting CL. It's just for whatever reason, I can't complete the "deliver a baby" task to get promoted b/c my game just doesn't populate one or w/e.

Ah, okay. I'm glad you're not having a similar issue to my daughter though.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options

Awesome, thank you so much @GoldenBuffy !! Now, to make the hospital more um, hospitable! :D

You're welcome! :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    applehart wrote: »
    yes good to know I kept walking away and calling them over, that takes too much time
  • Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    My nurses in GTW don't do anything. Only gossip around and stand in my way. I got irritated with the hospital quickly since NO ONE is doing their job, only my sim. I have a hippie male nurse who is always stoned (I assume) and he falls asleep next to the patients.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I just work on the other patients and ignore the one with the nurse in the way :D
  • Options
    reeseanfelreeseanfel Posts: 110 Member
    I build a room with a toilet, sink, bed, tub, and vending thing, call them over then remove the door....is that mean?