The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    And too late did I realize my mistake in asking Darius's #1 fangirl for Darius-related advice... >:)
    bQLESZZ.png
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @WagonFruit Between your love of Darius and @cshaner 's dedication to the ship name Penius, I was motivated and inspired to squeeze out the first draft of the next chapter. You'll both have a whole chapter of Darius tomorrow morning. I hope the rest of you landlubbers enjoy too. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @LadyLobster Wooo!! Cannot wait! I love Darius too! Also yay for a new PoV! Also yay for more definitive of the Penius sails or not!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    @cshaner Haha, I wouldn't call it more definitive, but I think people will either want to stay on the ship until it hits an iceberg or set off some flares for Benny to come pick them up instead. :p
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Now...maybe she'll remember her brother!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit Between your love of Darius and @cshaner 's dedication to the ship name Penius, I was motivated and inspired to squeeze out the first draft of the next chapter. You'll both have a whole chapter of Darius tomorrow morning. I hope the rest of you landlubbers enjoy too. ;)
    We are so much work aren't we, us giddy creatures who live on ships!

FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @WagonFruit, who showed me that there was room in this world (or at least in between chapters 24 and 26) for a Darius chapter, and @cshaner, who taught me that the worst ship names are really the best ship names. Here it is, the very first Darius chapter:

I think this was my longest chapter yet! I hope I used all those words wisely. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @LadyLobster you are my favorite in the history of ever and
    even if Penius is not a romantic ship I love gentle Darius and how he just wanted the tiny human to be happy and make her smile on her birthday!!

Now I'm soooo curious how Penny has forgotten everything!! It does make last chapter with Penny choosing butterflies far more apparent now who the "he" she was musing about was.

I adore you and yes your warning that it may not be more definitive is far more clear now. This brings nothing new to the relationship other than the bond between the two. Though I LOVED that Penny wanted to Marry him right from the start.
    That is a sign in favor of my Good Ship Penius! :heart:
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @cshaner Awwww, now I don't regret dedicating half the chapter to you. ;) (I'll let you fight with @WagonFruit over which half.)

I really, really loved writing this chapter. I think I must really like doing the "different" ones, like Lysander's first chapter and this one. My friend was kind of horrified by how "dark" Lysander's first chapter was, but then he was like, you know what, it works despite the whiplash. This one is definitely an anomaly in a different way.
    Sorry to be so cryptic regarding the state of the ship, but now you can totally understand why I said what I did. <3 But still, I think there will always be a Good Ship Penius, but whether that Penius is a romantic cruise ship or a family sailboat remains to be seen. (Are family sailboats a thing?)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster awww no fighting necessary I don't think Darius would like that at all!! I'll be content to look at how beautiful he is and be his #2 biggest fangirl!! :heart:
  • Options
    @LadyLobster ooooh!! I just re-read (cause you know I'm not like a stalker or anything ... )
    The wind told Darius that Penny (or something there anyway) would belong to him!!
    I'm not going to be able to stop myself from boarding this ship.
  • Options
    @cshaner
    Hey, the wind could be a troll! And there are many different types of belonging. But hey, I won't sink any ships just yet. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Mwuhahahhaa "just yet" she says.
    That's ok!! I'm totally ok with the protective familial vibe too. It could be the family sail boat I'm boarding!! Hee hee
    I really hope that the wind meant Penny would belong to Darius as his one true love forever...but something makes me think the wind won't be that freaking specific!!
  • Options
    Ok obsess much??

Just re-read an early Penny chapter.
    to see if there are some clues for my ship!

This is where we first meet the twins. Nice clues too about them possibly not being human!

"He's ok looking"
    The compliment on what a great actor Darius is...
    "Pen's a good kid"

Hmmmm not really a lot to go on there. Definitely getting the familial vibe.
  • Options
    I tried to read this when I first woke up, but my cat knocked the phone out of my hand with his massive head and was all "petmepetmepetme" and bopped me on the face until I complied. I am not the boss in my house.

So many wonderful words, beautiful lobster, where do I even begin? <3
    There is so much nuance in this chapter, it's making my head spin; I think I'd need to write an essay on it to even start to explore everything contained within! Wow, that rhymed x3, good job me.

Firstly, though, I'd like to go on record saying that I'm all aboard for the Family Ship Penius!
    (Are family sailboats a thing?)
    Why yes they are! I grew up on one, actually (there's you with the eerily psychic comments).
    His sister always told him to stay away from cats, just like she told him not to pick up any pennies, no matter how much sunlight they caught on dull concrete sidewalks. They were metal, and metal could hurt him.
    This is my favourite line; I think the wind made her say it. ;)

Darius and mini-Penny are the cutest ever together; I hope when she remembers everything she isn't mad at him.
    I feel a little sad for Lysander though; Darius is a tough act to follow on the big-brother spectrum.
    and a hint of something else, though the brother kept that a secret
    This has all my whats going off...still more mysteries to unravel!
    What is it about our dear sweet Penny that makes her a magnet for gentle, lovable, childlike men?
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @cshaner I think one thing that all of my characters have in common is their tendency to lie to themselves to varying degrees and in somewhat different ways. ;)

@WagonFruit Awwww, I'm so glad you finally got to read it despite feline interference! I really put my all into this chapter. And it's funny about the sailboats, because my grandparents had a sailboat that they actually lived on for a while. My mom used to tell me about it--I think that's what inspired one of the lines in Byron's very first chapter.

Darius is a tough act to follow, but I think Lysander wants to give it his all. But it's always weird when family members haven't seen each other in a while or have lived separate lives (that's an understatement in the Lyonses' case!) and there's a lot of push and pull and trying to figure out where they stand and just how much has changed, on top of what they want from the relationship. But Lysander is good people. I have faith in him!
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    What is it about our dear sweet Penny that makes her a magnet for gentle, lovable, childlike men?

Maybe she has a type and doesn't know it!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @WagonFruit ooooh yes!!!!
    Darius is a substitute for Lysander!! You're absolutely right. Only he was nice to her and wanted to be around her. Lysander wanted to be free and spend time with friends etc. as I said, I'm ok if it's a familial sail boat!

Hmmmm the metal could hurt him. That line is so interesting to me. Maybe Darius will love Penny but she won't return his affection (seeing him as a surrogate brother) and he will end up hurt?
  • Options
    That's the nice thing about family though; there's always room for one more! I have faith in Lysander too; he might have to work a little harder to mend this relationship, but I'm hoping Penny is willing to meet him half way.

I think she does have a type, :D and maybe that's a good thing; help her find her warm melty caramel center.

@cshaner
    Poor fairies and their metallic allergies! Maybe if he keeps his regard platonic he won't get hurt? :#
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2017
    That was very sweet although I do not ship Penius no matter how awesome the name. I need Benny...where oh where is Byron?

Excellent chapter. Loved getting the inside scoop to their banishment. Now I wonder if Penny's memories will return. I hope so!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiechick I'm grateful for your Benny loyalty in a sea of shameless ship-hoppers. ;) Lysander will be next, and then finally it's back to Byron! I hope it hasn't felt like too long without him, though I think this story now belongs to more and more people, even if he'll always be the goofy heart of it. I think I'm looking forward to Byron and Penny being reunited more than anyone, don't worry!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster shameless ship hoppers get the best drinks and catch the most of the sun!! Hee hee
  • Options
    @cshaner And think of all the buffets they get to sample!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster Mmmmhmmmm!! That's what I'm saying! Hee hee!!
  • Options
    @cshaner
    I'll come cruise with you on those ship hopping adventures! Er, from the shade though; the day star likes to burn me.
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit me too!!!
    It's also sorta ironic. I love to cruise on ships. (Actually cruising to the Bahamas in 10 days woo!!) but I dislike and even get motion sick on small water craft.