Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea: Homemaker Stuff Pack

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I bought a dishwasher specifically so that I had less chores. Hobbies sound okay but I don't need a housework simulator.

I agree with this. I don't understand sims having nothing left to do and needing to vacuum, surely your sim can take up a hobby and work on personal development instead ?
    My sims have already started cleaning up desks since Vintage glamour, I can't imagine what them doing more unnecessary ghost chores could bring to my gameplay.

I'm always down for more hobbies though !
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    -Laundry and more chores like vacuuming, sweeping and window washing.

-Knitting / sewing skills with options to knit things for family.

-Homemaking trait that improves home acclivities like knitting sewing and cleaning.

-Grocery store should make a come back.

-Tea sets and tea parties complete with cucumber sandwiches.

-New recipes like grandmas chicken soup which cures sickness.

- Scrap-booking - Place family photos and make the perfect album.

- Homeschooling

LOVE the idea for Grandma's chicken soup curing sickness!!!!!

Yes I miss Grandma's chicken soup from Sims 2 my Sims be trying to stay sick sometimes medicine won't show up to order and that's when I wish I had Grandma's chicken soup.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

-Homemaking trait that improves home acclivities like knitting sewing and cleaning.

- Homeschooling

Yes I miss Grandma's chicken soup from Sims 2 my Sims be trying to stay sick sometimes medicine won't show up to order and that's when I wish I had Grandma's chicken soup.

You can try a good cup of tea :)
  • Options
    RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    I would like to see child being able to pick apples from apple tree if you have one in your garden and him/her sit below it stuffing their faces with the apples they just picked.

Being able to make beds, wash bedding/clothing having to go around and pick it up. Id like to see some hobbies or something to do for them as going out as a family, going to the park with swings/slides roundabout push to hard and sims fall off. having something for granny or parent to do knitting/cross stitch/learning child how to bake muffins/

Keeping chickens for eggs to use in baking/selling or teens mischief trait throwing at sims or windows
    Bee keeper sell honey, annoy the bees they sting you and you need to make potion to calm the sting.

Id also like to see sims have to dust furniture and sneeze receiving debuff because of how much dust there is.
    Dry some sage use it to get rid of any spirits that are haunting lots we could also have this as a side job for sims as a ghost hunter to try get rid of them or get scared to death in the process.

More things to do with the woodwork bench/pumpkin bench those two can get boring and fast after you have used them for quite some time, some other simmers have said they would like a canning station, that sounds a great idea id like to see it implemented too.

Giving out gifts have your sims buy something or collect something be able to wrap it have your sim a messy wrapper or neat wrapper and be able to give gifts to other sims or loved ones.

I really want to be able to buy groceries for my sims having them either have it delivered by choosing off the net or going to a store and buying fish meat veg etc etc.

• Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    I would absolutely love to see knitting/crochet/sewing.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »

- Homeschooling

You can try a good cup of tea :)

Yea tried that especially healthy green it works for like a while and than back to being sick and I love chicken soup so I wouldn't mind having it back.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited February 2017
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    My original intent had nothing to do with pre-feminism. In fact, I specifically mention stay at home dads too (my game has a lot of them too). Not everyone holds down a 9-5 job and I think the overall theme of a "Homemaker" pack (call it what you will) is for homebodies to have something to do when the tots are off playing or napping. This includes ideas like candle making and canning... hobbies that help and add value to the home.

We build elaborate homes, but then what? What do we do IN the house that we enjoy besides TV and video games?

I completely understand where you're coming from and I definitely think a lot of ideas here, again, are practical considering we really are playing a task-oriented game. I'm also someone who enjoys family play so I can see the appeal. I'm only saying that the word "homemaker" gives me pause from a business perspective. It's a contentious topic when presented in a specific way considering many women fought (and are still fighting) to stay out of the home and relieve themselves from "homemaker" ideology. Again, I think if EA added everything you and others are asking for but presented in a different way then it would be fine. :)

Homemaker is not a dirty word no matter how hard feminists try to make it one. I think it perfectly describes this pack.

(Off topic, and not at all directed at you) I'm honestly so tired of feminists trying to demonize the role in the home. I don't think there is very much societal pressure to stay in the home, on the contrary there is for women to "have it all" and go to work. I am shamed by other women on a regular basis because I chose to be a stay at home wife and mother.