Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unnatural Hair Colors for Children (Hair Genetics Revamp)

When I was messing around with the toddler patch (which was really awesome, thank you gurus!!), it made me wish again for children to have unnatural hair colors (blue, green, white, etc.). It would be super amazing for them to incorporate it, but I think they could also improve the genetics system (at least, for hair) when doing this.

So whenever we have parents with unnatural hair colors, their child will get a randomized natural hair color. I'm pretty sure this happens with the graying brown and graying black hair swatches, too. I'm not sure if it does that for gray, but I would assume so. Maybe, to revamp the hair genetics, each Sim, when they are born ingame or made in CAS, gets assigned a 'natural hair color' aka the very first hair color you assign them whether that be blue, gray, or blonde, etc.

Say I create Billy with brown hair. Then, later on in the game after playing him for a while, I change his hair color in CAS (or dye it) to blonde. Then when the time comes for Billy to have a kid, Billy's kid won't inherit the blonde hair but possibly Billy's brown hair. The game will recognize Billy's original hair color (brown), which will give Billy's kid a higher chance of inheriting the brown hair. This bothered me when this didn't happen ingame because dyeing your hair doesn't change your genetic structure or anything. But to me, it seems like the game knows no different.

If the game could remember the original hair color of a Sim, then that would be great. That way, when unnatural hair colors are included in genetics, if Johnny dyes his hair blue, he won't be at risk of his kid being born with blue hair. Maybe for elders created in CAS, you can opt for gray hair but choose an 'original hair color' (or the hair color that they used to have when younger). Perhaps for the graying brown or graying black, the children won't inherit the graying swatches but brown or black hair (depending on the graying swatch). I don't know if this is at all possible, but it would be awesome if Maxis/EA could!

Do you want unnatural hair colors back? Do you have any thoughts about how it could be implemented? I want to hear your thoughts, too! :smile:

Comments

• Options
    SJ3GSJ3G Posts: 8 New Member
    That would be awesome!
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I agree with this. I wished the game remembered their first hair colors, too.

I thought the game already did that for the graying hairs, the black and the brown.
    I vaguely remember a kid of mine getting black hair, but it turning to the graying black hair when he became a teenager when I used to play vanilla.
    Did it break?

I haven't noticed those swatches being wonky recently, mostly because I have a lot of hair conversions that actually reflect more or less unnatural hair colors for kids lol.