Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I find Sims 4 just boring now

Sims 4 was great when I first got it, I heard recently about sims and my birthday was coming up so I decided to buy it. It's been two years now and I've gotten much more DLC and Custom content. Now at this point. I'm bored. My sims all have the same look, my game always has something wrong with it, they're isn't much to do, and I don't have elements I find to be good. Now I would have just forgot about it but I've spent around 210$ on DLC, and my parents paid for. I would feel terrible if I just stopped playing, It's just not in my nature. Now I'm asking if anyone can give me some tips on how to get back into the game?

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2017
    Its boring to me too, thankfully ive only bought the main game and one gp, both discounted. Youd literally have to brainwash yourself into enjoying it so dont force yourself.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    After one or more years of not playing the game, you might want to play it again :) That was how I overcame the gaming slump long time ago when I found the sims 2 boring... :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    As I said in another thread 23 minutes ago, there is a lack of progression in the series and players are starting to get tired

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Throw in some mods maybe? I've been doing that for a few weeks and it's managed to keep me somewhat amused although just realized today that I'm back in the 'done everything' boat again. *sigh* Maybe complete a challenge that you haven't done before?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    No idea sorry, I recently booted it up again solely because i grabbed some expansion packs while they were on a 50% off sale, and 4 days in already bored and the only thing keeping me going is I'm trying to have just one of my sims have an ugly kid, as horrible as this sounds ... so far they've all looked the same with just slight differences in face, hair colour and eye colour, but since I don't rotationally play families, only play the one household ever, I'm back at a brick wall for continuing that family.

Community game challenges or finding a little community thread that is active can be helpful to get you back into a game, for me anyway it works. Because you're no longer playing completely alone but talking to other people actively playing the game at the same time. This is a big boost to playing games for me personally, being able to actively chat to people while I'm playing too. I used to gatecrash "legacy threads' (not one player's legacy story, but a community discussion type thread) where people gathered to discuss their sim families when I needed that boost of interest in the sims. I do not know if there is one for the sims 4 that isn't just one person broadcasting their story, but rather a whole bunch of people sharing experiences... I hope there is somewhere, might be all that gets me back into TS4 for a bit longer.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Challenges, modeling and story telling are all good ways to find new interest in any version of the sims.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Mods. They have made the game so much interesting for me. Have you tried Zerbu's Go to school mod for example? It makes school playable by adding two new community venues (elementary school and high school). Your sims need to complete tasks and get to socialize with other sims their age and make friends.

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I stop playing for 3 months and play other games, and now I played it again and i kind of feel that I had missed it. I'm usually looking for challenges because it's usually boring playing with my usual style. It get me out of my comfort zone.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,206 Member
    I just started adding mods, and that's made it a little better. I still enjoy the game, but I will agree that it does indeed lack progression. Its actually the perfect game for family play, but at the same time they really need to bring back a lot of what fans of the franchise enjoyed from previous games, and bring it back quicker than a snail's pace.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    You shouldn't be playing a game that you're bored with and makes you miserable. Life is just too short for that. There are a ton of other awesome games out there, some of them not that expensive. Go play those for awhile. The Sims 4 will still be here if you decide you want to return later.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I feel the same. Keep adding new pack and in an hour it feels boring like the bg. How I see it they don't add gameplay or anything that really changes the game any how you play it. They add objects which are great obviously but the objects added don't change the game. They add tons of hair and clothes but next to no build. And buy mode objects.

I can go to a restaurant and a spa but it feels repetitive maybe because afterwards it's the boring park or the club with the same sims I saw at the park. Nothing feels different day to day it feels like it is stuck on repeat.

Idk I feel stuck in the same boring loop, the objects are simple and get boring. The sims have no depth and not does the game, no challenge and no surprises. The sims are copies the furniture all looks the same.

• Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Thank you everyone for the tips. Mods don't help me and I don't want to buy new things
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Thank you everyone for the tips. Mods don't help me and I don't want to buy new things

Idk if you liked them but I'll say play the old sims games. I recently reinstalled sims 3 and even if I have been busy filling the town and not playing much I have fallen in love with the game all over again.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,302 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Idk if you liked them but I'll say play the old sims games. I recently reinstalled sims 3 and even if I have been busy filling the town and not playing much I have fallen in love with the game all over again.

I agree with this, especially sims 2 if you haven't played it yet.

You could try making mini movies and up load them to YouTube or music videos of your favorite artist.

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm not bored. I am also unapologetic for telling you that I am not bored.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Don't. Don't waste your precious time trying to like the game again. Just give up. That way you can never be disappointed.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Don't. Don't waste your precious time trying to like the game again. Just give up. That way you can never be disappointed.

You can save a fortune too!
    raw
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Mmmm i haven't played in months... maybe with the new GP?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    NEVER MIND TODDLERS ARE HERE LOL