Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I got this error message

This is the 2nd time I received this message when my game crashed. After the first time, I still went and played as normal but then it came up again. Do I REALLY need to reinstall the game and lose everything i have done?

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-02%20at%2011.56.37%20PM_zps0uftakv8.png

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Where did you download your game from?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Where did you download your game from?

right from Origin
  • Options
    Very strange. That's a common error message for Mac users who have downloaded a Windows copy and are using Wine to play it in macOS.

Have you installed anything recently that may have caused the error? Changed any network settings such as using a VPN?

You could try resetting Origin - https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

And try repairing the game by right clicking on it in your Origin games library and choosing repair game.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Very strange. That's a common error message for Mac users who have downloaded a Windows copy and are using Wine to play it in macOS.

Have you installed anything recently that may have caused the error? Changed any network settings such as using a VPN?

You could try resetting Origin - https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

And try repairing the game by right clicking on it in your Origin games library and choosing repair game.

nope. I ONLY use this computer for Sims and mild web browsing. I have a different work laptop that I do everything else on so I haven't changed or added a thing. I'm going to repair the game and play as usual. If it happens a 3rd time I may just uninstall and reinstall which sounds horrible. I'll lose everything. But for now, I have to see how much i've lost since my last save. Might be a Sim day or so which is A LOT!
  • Options
    sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

nope. I ONLY use this computer for Sims and mild web browsing. I have a different work laptop that I do everything else on so I haven't changed or added a thing. I'm going to repair the game and play as usual. If it happens a 3rd time I may just uninstall and reinstall which sounds horrible. I'll lose everything. But for now, I have to see how much i've lost since my last save. Might be a Sim day or so which is A LOT!

You won't lose everything if you make a copy of "The Sims 4" folder in your Documents.

Drag it to your desktop, and when you're done with reinstalling, you can put it back.

:)
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png
  • Options
    KirterryKirterry Posts: 4 New Member
    Urgent!

I purchased my Sims 4 November 16th from Walmart digital download PC for Mac. Downloaded the whole version on my cpu without any problems once the Sims was done I opened it and come up with a error saying my video card doesn't meed the requirement, so I opened up the information about my mac. I should be able to play my sims, very upset. But when I checked my hardrive app it says I have plenty of space and memory in order to run Sims. Is there anything I can do different to make this work? also do I have to purchase Orgins to play Sims I just created an account and downloaded the game.

Processor 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
    Memory 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics Intel GMA X3100 144 MB

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Kirterry wrote: »
    Urgent!

I purchased my Sims 4 November 16th from Walmart digital download PC for Mac. Downloaded the whole version on my cpu without any problems once the Sims was done I opened it and come up with a error saying my video card doesn't meed the requirement, so I opened up the information about my mac. I should be able to play my sims, very upset. But when I checked my hardrive app it says I have plenty of space and memory in order to run Sims. Is there anything I can do different to make this work? also do I have to purchase Orgins to play Sims I just created an account and downloaded the game.

Processor 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
    Memory 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics Intel GMA X3100 144 MB

The only part of your Mac that meets the minimum requirements for the game is the version of OS X you are running, everything else is way below the minimum requirements unfortunately:

Minimum OS – Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5)
    CPU – Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or better
    RAM – At least 4Gb RAM
    Hard Drive – At least 10Gb of free space with at least 1Gb additional space for custom content
    Video – NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.

Your integrated Intel graphics is listed as unsupported in the GraphicsCards.sgr file in the game files:
        card 0x2A02 "IntelÆ Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 Crestline" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow unsupported
        card 0x2A03 "IntelÆ Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 Crestline" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow unsupported
        card 0x2A12 "IntelÆ Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 Crestline" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow unsupported
        card 0x2A13 "IntelÆ Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 Crestline" $cardLevelLow $resolutionLow unsupported

You should see if you can get a refund from Walmart :(
    apple-signature.png