Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did the new patch disable MC Command?

pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
I noticed MC Command is gone now since I update with the patch. Is anyone else having problems?

Thanks in advance.
iTvMKZ8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    New patches disable all Mods and CC until you go into Game Options and re-enable them, then exit and restart. BUT you might want to check for stuff-is-working confirmation first.

If you have MCCC Career module, you won't be able to see aspiration goals at the moment once you've reenabled MCCC. Or you might want to just pull that module out for now. UI Cheats Extension is also broken at the moment.

Very Short Broken Mods List: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising

Oh, I know about disabling mods. I've enabled them and the MC Command isn't showing up now. At least for me. I may reinstall it. Thanks for your response!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    @luthienrising

Oh, I know about disabling mods. I've enabled them and the MC Command isn't showing up now. At least for me. I may reinstall it. Thanks for your response!

You might want to give it a few. Deaderpool is testing it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising

You might want to give it a few. Deaderpool is testing it.

Ok, thanks!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    The patch did break parts of the MCC mod. Deaderpool has been saying that this patch will break mods particularly script mods. He is already working on fixing his mod. I think he said something on the lines of waiting until the new pack is out before releasing anything he has fixed in case the pack breaks something within his mod, which it usually does with a lot of script mods.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    The patch did break parts of the MCC mod. Deaderpool has been saying that this patch will break mods particularly script mods. He is already working on fixing his mod. I think he said something on the lines of waiting until the new pack is out before releasing anything he has fixed in case the pack breaks something within his mod, which it usually does with a lot of script mods.

Okay...that makes sense. Thank you!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    MC is hosed. Even just the base module of 2.16 is throwing lastexception errors, post-patch.

Deaderpool had 3.0 pretty much ready to go, depending on patch changes... he's been working on updating it. But 2.16 is not going to work with the CL patch. And we aren't getting an MC update tonight, he said that in a pretty recent post to MC.

Fingers crossed he can do it before he goes out of town for the weekend... although that may not be a great idea either. Two days without MC or two days without HIS support for NEW MC... hmm. Not sure I like either of those options.

Waiting isn't my FAVORITE idea, but, better safe than sorry.

Monday was his outside estimate, Sunday's possible... but I'm hoping it's a "Scotty" thing, and he's got it ready to turn loose of sooner than that.

We'll see!
  • Options
    MC is hosed. Even just the base module of 2.16 is throwing lastexception errors, post-patch.

Deaderpool had 3.0 pretty much ready to go, depending on patch changes... he's been working on updating it. But 2.16 is not going to work with the CL patch. And we aren't getting an MC update tonight, he said that in a pretty recent post to MC.

Fingers crossed he can do it before he goes out of town for the weekend... although that may not be a great idea either. Two days without MC or two days without HIS support for NEW MC... hmm. Not sure I like either of those options.

Monday was his outside estimate, Sunday's possible... but I'm hoping it's a "Scotty" thing, and he's got it ready to turn loose of sooner than that.

We'll see!

For me...and this isn't a lovely thought...is that I'll wait until the new EP to see if he will need to update after that. I hate playing without it. I've been so spoiled!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,646 Member
    Hello
    He is testing and working on the new version now. He is a very kind modder both to create the mod and then to diligently work on trying to update it to help simmers.
  • Options

We'll see!

For me...and this isn't a lovely thought...is that I'll wait until the new EP to see if he will need to update after that. I hate playing without it. I've been so spoiled!

*Usually* it's been the pre-patches that have led to mod-armageddon. By the time the pack itself lands, we may already have the best version of MC we're going to need. But, we've seen enough hotfixes to know that it could happen. Never say never!

I rolled a brand new save file to check things out. Probably 3 hours ago. Haven't done jack else but been on forums since.

I know how you feel about not playing without MC, for sure! Obviously I'm in no hurry to do it either.

• Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I've resisted modding the game for a long time, but I now consider MC to be indispensable, because it fixes so many annoying little things. I may start a new save file for the EP anyway, so I can survive a few days without it, though. I think it's amazing that modders put in so much effort to keep their stuff up to date.
  • Options
    tiffedge76tiffedge76 Posts: 117 Member
    I am a huge fan of this mod too , I will remove it for now and wait patiently. I am so thankful for the hard work put into this mod.
  • Options
    tiffedge76 wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of this mod too , I will remove it for now and wait patiently. I am so thankful for the hard work put into this mod.

3.0.1 HOTFIX to MC *IS* UP!!!!!!!!!!! Redownload from both sites if you use the entire mod suite, and you patched for CL. (That's about all I can say here, adult content.)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

And look on that description page in the modules table, there's a link to the other file in its info. ;)

• Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    Just to reiterate, 3.0.1 works with city living?
  • Options
    raemariek wrote: »
    Just to reiterate, 3.0.1 works with city living?

@rosemow (FYI) ;)

Yes. Of course, anything NEW like apartment mailboxes will not be supported by 3.0.1 (no cheats on them yet), it was updated between the patch and EP. People are finding a few new glitches, but yes, still, overall 3.0.1 IS working with the CL patch (1.24).

Also, we've noticed some oddness with population... IF your game starts creating Tourists one after another, rapid fire... try changing your population age settings back to the defaults (33). Right Now, having 0 in any of those options is possibly going to cause problems.

You may not have to use 33, something higher than 0 might be enough to settle it down. Here's what I have, just FYI. Not "recommended" but these settings are not causing my bin to go nuts:

"Population_PercentAdult": 20,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 10,
    "Population_PercentChild": 65,
    "Population_PercentElder": 10,

So there's some room to play with it, till Deaderpool has time to figure out what new things are happening now that the EP is in place to go with the patch. Nothing's broken that I know of... just a few more random glitches finding their way into MC. He'll get 'em.

Game updates, MC updates, other file (mods/cc) updates... there's a million ways right now this game could have a meltdown. Baby it. Check everything. Unrelated-looking exceptions may not be.

In the occult module, there's *something* going on if you change your abduction rate off Normal. More details at MC, we talked about it last night and today.

Deaderpool mentioned wondering what having apartments will do to a Move In run... so just keep an eye on your mc LOG, and your /Sim4 folder for any new LastExceptions. (LastExceptions could mean OTHER broken script mods... check everything to make sure it's been updated, if needed, since the patch. Trust me. Check all your mods and cc. ANYTHING could melt after an EP patch.)

I haven't gotten any playtime since buying CL.. I don't have any hands-on info to add, yet.

There's a cosmetic error in MC when the blue "load up" window appears. It will say version 3.0.0, but if you redownload, or your files already say Oct 30, you have the right version. The field in the box doesn't auto-update, it's a text string Deaderpool missed updating.

I'm not getting out the wet noodle/30 lashes bit over something little like that... although it *has* led to a little extra confusion. ;)

• Options
    Links to the info from MC Comments I mentioned here in my last post...

Population:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5109938#post5109938

Occult Abduction Frequency:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5109939#post5109939

Browse up if you want more details, there's info spread through several posts.