Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we are getting toddlers this time?

Hey guys! Anyone that that we might be getting toddlers in the next quarterly teaser? Is it possible? Because of how excited the sims team is to tell us about next quarter I'm starting to think we are getting something people have really been asking for such and toddlers or terain tools or cars. Any thought ? The quarter in October 1st - Jan 1st?

Comments

• Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Realistically, probably not. Ideally, yes! It is taking every bone in my body not to get my hopes up because to be honest, they get excited to tell us anything. Although I do agree they seem to be really looking forward to this one, and maybe it is something we've been asking. If anything big, I think it would be hinting at terrain editing tools - which I'd be perfectly happy with!
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Nope I believe we are getting a new event to go along with the day of the dead stuff we just obtained through a patch. City Life also does not have toddlers in it.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    No.

/2char
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Nope, I don't want to get my hopes up.
  • Options
    femalegamerxofemalegamerxo Posts: 57 Member
    I have my finger's and toes crossed but realistically i don't think they'll ever give us toddlers :(
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    No and I dont think they have any intention to introduce them into Sims 4
    The way things are going seasons and pets are probably in the to hard basket as well....for all its faults thank the gods for Sims 3
    Would be interesting to see the figures if they put Sims 2 for sale through download on Origin
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    Nope I believe we are getting a new event to go along with the day of the dead stuff we just obtained through a patch. City Life also does not have toddlers in it.

That's in today's patch -- but I think people are looking ahead to the next quarterly teaser which should be released early next week. Sounds like something may be in the works. I'd be happy with the ability to edit the public spaces to add items; there's a lot of empty space that could be utilized a lot better, especially in Newcrest.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    No I do not. The developers treat pretty much every free content update this way so I don't think it's representing anything. Would love to be surprised though.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I think a new event
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    emilymsims wrote: »
    Hey guys! Anyone that that we might be getting toddlers in the next quarterly teaser? Is it possible? Because of how excited the sims team is to tell us about next quarter I'm starting to think we are getting something people have really been asking for such and toddlers or terain tools or cars. Any thought ? The quarter in October 1st - Jan 1st?

I don't think we'll be getting toddlers anytime soon.

It sucks, I know how you feel. I get hopeful and then am let down when I find out the new content isn't toddlers.
    The team works really hard and seems to generally be excited to share content with us, so I try not to read too much into how they act about upcoming news. Still, any of those things you mentioned would be awesome to get.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    yupp wrote: »
    Honestly no, I've seen them this excited over star wars costumes. Plus the patch notes to me do not hint at toddlers. I'm not really sure what it could be. Also, didn't @SimGuruDrake recently mention toddlers and tell us to continue to be patient? Idk if that information is correct but if it is I wouldn't see a point in her saying anything if she knew they were coming soon anyways. I do wish it was toddlers though!!

Is this true? Do you have a link or reference for when she said that? If she did, that just makes me think they are actively working on them.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    No and I dont think they have any intention to introduce them into Sims 4
    The way things are going seasons and pets are probably in the to hard basket as well....for all its faults thank the gods for Sims 3
    Would be interesting to see the figures if they put Sims 2 for sale through download on Origin

The entire sims 2 collection was free for a short period of time... like a year or two ago? I forget when, but A LOT of simmers downloaded it then since it was the entire collection and free.
  • Options

That's in today's patch -- but I think people are looking ahead to the next quarterly teaser which should be released early next week. Sounds like something may be in the works. I'd be happy with the ability to edit the public spaces to add items; there's a lot of empty space that could be utilized a lot better, especially in Newcrest.

I know we got day of the dead objects, but I believe the event won't be until the next quarterly patch in October. As far I know we haven't gotten an event just the objects. I still don't think we will get toddlers in the next patch (aka next quarter).
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I know we got day of the dead objects, but I believe the event won't be until the next quarterly patch in October. As far I know we haven't gotten an event just the objects. I still don't think we will get toddlers in the next patch (aka next quarter).

I saw a post that said the coding for the event is in the patch:

http://simscommunity.info/2016/09/27/the-sims-4-day-of-the-dead-event-coming-soon/

so technically we got it today -- it just hasn't turned on yet. If it didn't arrive till the October patch, and the October patch isn't until the end of the month that would be a whole month we'd have to wait; as it is it sounds like it's going to be finishing up at the same time we'll all be playing with City Living (at least those of us getting it) and it's going to end up interfering with a lot of stories.

And the next quarter goes all the way through December -- maybe there's a surprise for under the holiday trees. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I'm afraid not. I think they're simply 'hinting' that the new quarterly teaser is coming out. My prediction is an event/challenge and lot traits in October for free in patch or patches, EP in Novemver, and SP in November or December (more likely). I'd love to eat my words and have them announce toddlers. But I doubt it.
  • Options

I saw a post that said the coding for the event is in the patch:

http://simscommunity.info/2016/09/27/the-sims-4-day-of-the-dead-event-coming-soon/

so technically we got it today -- it just hasn't turned on yet. If it didn't arrive till the October patch, and the October patch isn't until the end of the month that would be a whole month we'd have to wait; as it is it sounds like it's going to be finishing up at the same time we'll all be playing with City Living (at least those of us getting it) and it's going to end up interfering with a lot of stories.

And the next quarter goes all the way through December -- maybe there's a surprise for under the holiday trees. B)

I have to admit I like how upbeat you are. :) I think it would actually be kind of neat if we got a new culture's holiday objects each year, since we did Day of the Dead for this time, and Halloween stuff last October.

I'm sure we will get something in each month for this coming quarter, but I'm not sure it will be toddlers. I just try not to get my hopes up lol.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    nope - never
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I had hope for them every year, but i've given that up. I don't think toddlers are going to be back in this game honestly. Which is sad..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    I do think we're getting toddlers eventually. But I'm not holding my breath for this quarter. I just hope whatever it is, it's exciting and not just the Halloween /Día de los Muertos challenge.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    No, I'm afraid I don't think so.. I think if they release toddlers, it will be prior to a generations type EP if that ever comes.
    Not that I wouldn't love having them in my game -- they're my number one missed feature. Though at this point, I'd also take a fix for traits that mean nothing/are overridden by emotions and a fix to the relationship decay/culling.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    As much as I hope they've listened, I'm afraid we still have to wait a quite while. Now EA really knows how much we want something, why not make an EP or GP based on T's. Everyone would buy. Dirty money.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    Taquanda wrote: »
    As much as I hope they've listened, I'm afraid we still have to wait a quite while. Now EA really knows how much we want something, why not make an EP or GP based on T's. Everyone would buy. Dirty money.

Because fans would revolt. Also, putting toddlers into an EP would mean that we would not be getting more content for this age group in future releases. A much more intelligent approach (and more profitable in the long run) would be to patch basic toddlers in and expand them in Several SPs (clothing, objects, etc) and GPs (daycare, toddlers activities etc)