Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random acts of violence?

I was playing a new Sim added to the Windenburg neighborhood. He had clumsy, slob and loner traits. I have never come across this before, but he was going around town getting embarrassed around strangers. So, at the end of the day I thought he needed to be alone at home.

Well immediately when he arrived home he was visciously attacked by Siobhan Fyres. They never even met. Well a second fight erupted and people came from nowhere and watched. She beat my Sim up twice! He threw a drink at her then she fumed and actually died on his lot from anger.

Anyone else had a SIm just get radomly attacked for no reason?

Comments

• Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I had no idea that could even happen. I've only seen autonomous fights happen a few times, and it's always been between Sims who absolutely hate each other.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I had no idea that could even happen. I've only seen autonomous fights happen a few times, and it's always been between Sims who absolutely hate each other.

I have seen that too. They usually have a history, but this was stranger on stranger Sim violence. I just watched the whole thing play out without any contol because it ewas so random. I say let her die lol
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    Now I wish stuff like this would happen in my game. That's hilarious that Siobhan just unleashed her rage on him
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Simmers have been finding and posting that sims sometimes get into fights and brawls in Windenburg. It seems to have come with Get Together that fights may occur in that world.
  • Options
    RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    Windenburg is legit rough xD I've had sims get into fights all over there with sims they didn't even know. It's like they see each other and hands are thrown xD I'm shocked Siobhan would fight someone like that she doesn't seem the type xD
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Oddly enough, a kid started a fight with my young adult once. I thought it was odd because I thought only YA/A/Elders could fight each other?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    @Marnetti I've seen this happen! I was like O__O i saw a kid that would not let up on this one adult I was like O_O who raised this kid to be so angry xD
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Simmers have been finding and posting that sims sometimes get into fights and brawls in Windenburg. It seems to have come with Get Together that fights may occur in that world.

Thank you. I had no idea this was a Windenburg thing. I have played there many times before and havent come across the violence yet. Guess I have been lucky.
    I was also shocked Siobahn was so angry. She was always pleasant previously.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @Montrase102
    Hello

Thank you. I had no idea this was a Windenburg thing. I have played there many times before and havent come across the violence yet. Guess I have been lucky.
    I was also shocked Siobahn was so angry. She was always pleasant previously.
    you should understand how this game works

sims which you don't direct at the moment are directed by the game & they act then along a random behaviour code which has absolutely nothing to do with how you know them when you play them

there are apparently several automatic scenarios active,
    sims wander about in a certain mood although there is nothing that could have caused that mood, it's just the random code,
    the game tells the sim to get into a certain mood & act upon that random mood
    the brawling is apparently an additional increase in acting out a mood, the very angry mood
    the programmed objective is to get into a fight & the sim is out of the blue set into a very angry mood to act out the mood towards the goal

so sims can be good hearted, friendly & out of nothing can become very angry & attack other sims
    it's staged brawl to entertain the player,
    that's how the game is programmed

here has one player, @Forest_Ninja documented that occurance
    Brawling in Windenburg <<<

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    georgetgonzalesgeorgetgonzales Posts: 7 New Member
    The one thing that random acts of violence seem to have in common is their aim to express hatred.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Hello

I recently moved my Sims to Windenberg. They have been spontaneously woo hooing. I haven't seen that in game for several months. No autonomous fighting though.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I have seen sims everywhere walking around mad and stop and yell at another sim, it's been going on for a while. @Inna Minnit my sim was very angry at her boyfriend that had decided to just be friends. So they went to lunch to discuss it and the next thing I know they are in the bush together, and now she is pregnant. I do not have mods, and I just told him to flirt with her.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    Street Fighter Career?
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    LOL that sounds hilarious! I've never had a single fight in my game and I've been playing it since release :s
  • Options
    What are the best traits if you want to add two Sims to a house with the intention of them fighting?
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Wow I had no clue that the Sims could die from fighting, in all My Years of playing I have never seen that ever, I am intrigued by it.
  • Options
    I'm just wonder if it's possible to start some kind of Fight Club savefile.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I had this glitch where this child sim would get into physical fights with adults. She'd win. Every time.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. No new fights erupted since last time, but I did see some stomping walks lol
    xPaxion wrote: »
    I'm just wonder if it's possible to start some kind of Fight Club savefile.

A fight club sounds interesting. I wonder if it is possible to start a club with fighting activities. Hmm something to try.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have seen sims everywhere walking around mad and stop and yell at another sim, it's been going on for a while. @Inna Minnit my sim was very angry at her boyfriend that had decided to just be friends. So they went to lunch to discuss it and the next thing I know they are in the bush together, and now she is pregnant. I do not have mods, and I just told him to flirt with her.

Did they do the "try for baby "-thing by themselves? That has never happened in my game, now I am envious :smile:
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Wow I had no clue that the Sims could die from fighting, in all My Years of playing I have never seen that ever, I am intrigued by it.

It's not the fighting that kills, it's death by anger.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

It's not the fighting that kills, it's death by anger.

Ah okay thanks for info.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited September 2016
    I read this post a few days ago, and thought nothing of it, till today.
    My sim Friedrich met a girl in Windenburg while he was on a date with his girlfriend, she seemed to really like him.
    09_10_16_7_09_20_AM.png
    Following this he broke up with his girlfriend Emilia, and she moved out with their son Wilhelm.
    09_10_16_7_26_30_AM.png
    But while visiting his son (Again, in Windenburg) a familiar face decided to show up.
    09_10_16_11_13_13_AM.png
    Apparently Windenburg really makes the blood boil, she practically pounced on him.
    09_10_16_11_15_10_AM.png
    09_10_16_11_15_59_AM.png
    09_10_16_11_16_54_AM.png
    09_10_16_11_17_29_AM.png
    Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that cloud...
    09_10_16_11_17_52_AM.png
    09_10_16_11_20_43_AM.png
    09_10_16_11_22_38_AM.png

09_10_16_11_23_45_AM.png
    09_10_16_11_24_21_AM.png
    Although very frustrating since it's ruined their relationship - blood sweat and tears will have to go into bringing that back up again. I can safely say Windenburg is a rough place. The Bermuda triangle of violence or something.
    No, actually, nevermind. Apparently fighting makes her flirty...
    09_10_16_11_53_25_AM.png

• Options
    ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
    I've only ever seen autonomous fights break out when a sim on the detective career goes on patrol... although, just yesterday she had to get rid of some sort of fight club in Windenburg. Maybe there's something in the water?
    Clubs can set certain gathering goals that include ''be mean to Club A members'', so I could sort of understand Paragons getting into a fight with the Renegades etc.
  • Options
    Are there opposite traits that you could give to two Sims that would cause conflict and arguments resulting in fights?