Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Little Things: Generations Expansion.

CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
[FAQ: We're Now Adding Game Packs!]
[FAQ: We're Now Adding New Recipes!]

The Little Things
Hi guys,
I've thought of something we could do as a community which we already do anyways. What I've done is thought of a way to get the developers to add more detail and features into the future expansion packs to make them more realistic.
Expansion Packs:
Seasons Expansion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15050974#Comment_15050974
Pets Expansion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/895390/the-little-things-pets-expansion/p1?new=1
Generations Expansion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896022/the-little-things-generations-expansion#latest
Base Game Edition: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896174/the-little-things-base-game-edition#latest
City Living Expansion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/904730/the-little-things-city-living/p1?new=1
Others To Come Shortly.
Game Packs: *NEW*
Family Game Pack: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915854/the-little-things-family-game-pack#latest *NEW*
Granite Falls Pack: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916340/the-little-things-granite-falls-edition/p1?new=1 *NEW*
Generations Expansion:
Idea #1: Pocket Money for kids & teens, choose the amount given. - @LenaDieters11
Idea #2: Tin cans on string yous sims can talk through. - @isaiahzay
Idea #3: Hidden Lot, Large Treehouse. - @isaiahzay
Idea #4: Vases to fill with flowers you grow. - @isaiahzay
Idea #5: Funeral events, host funerals at the grave site. - @KatyJay88
Idea #6: Driving lessons for teens - @Briana2425
Idea #7: Kids should react to their parents coming back home from work. - @LenaDieters11
Idea #8: Orphans and orphanages! If all sims but children in a household die [Description below.] - @isaiahzay
Idea #9: Beer Goggles [Explanation Coming soon] - @BenjaminBankss
Idea #10: 'Invite Household Over' - @aprilrose
Idea #11: Sleep overs, comes with sleeping bags.
Idea #12: Family Photographs [Weddings, birthdays & photo albums]. -@HeartMindParadox
Idea #13: More photo frames for pictures [obviously]. -@HeartMindParadox
Idea #14: Stroller/prams to take babies along with us [Gets babies out of the household]. -@Lalikingx
Idea #15: Child/teen allowances. -@Idmarko
FAQ* - You're welcome post your ideas to the board and I shall post your name next to the idea you have posted.
Added.Buffs:
Idea #1: Mid-life crisis, sims whims want to buy more stuff. - @Briana2425
Added.Traits:
Idea #1:
'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
"Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
oGh7KNi.gif
Post edited by Cunningham on

Comments

• Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Here are some tiny little details, I would love to see in a generations EP:
    I wish the game would recognise them as twins, instead of just brothers. Also, I hope one day they will add special interactions for twins, like a secret language and maybe they are more likely to feel angry, if their twin feels angry.

I hope that memories like in Sims 2 will make a comeback. I feel like they make a huge difference, while they are not really difficult to add and don't waste resources.

The family tree needs to be fixed. Culling shouldn't affect the stagnant family tree.

Another idea I had was pocket money for kids and teens. We have voidcritters for the kids and I think it would be cute to add a piggy bank to the game for the kids. I donÄt know if that's possible, but it would be cute.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I'd like a family reunion event where any relative can be invited, even ones my Sim hasn't met yet. I'd also like, to go with that, a genealogy hobby.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Generations was my least favorite EP for sims 3 but I think it would be great for this game! I'd love it to have quirky aspects (like a Wes Anderson film)!
    -Tin cans on string yous sims can talk through
    -70s themed objects/clothes would be nice!
    -Board games to play with family/friends on the floor or table
    -Hidden lot- large treehouse/clubhouse
    -Vases to fill with flowers you grow
    -Bullying (bully other sims or be bullied)
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I'd like a family reunion event where any relative can be invited, even ones my Sim hasn't met yet. I'd also like, to go with that, a genealogy hobby.

OH I love it!
    I'm going to add the funeral one as well. I want to be able to host funerals at a grave site.
  • Options
    khnum21khnum21 Posts: 28 Member
    Count me in! there is a lot I would love to see happen in this game, it is beautifully made with so much potential for growth. I can understand not having the open world bit from Sims 3; I have always heard that was more of a weakness in that game performance wise anyway. but the staple of a good sims game is how our sims interact with each other and their families, one of the strong points i always loved in Sims 2. I just hope the Devs are listening to the most reasonable requests in the forums, what you are all putting here would make the game so much more awesome than it already is.

A list things I would like to see in family play to come when I finish my list. :smiley:
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Ok They need the prom and driving back for the teens now that thier looking older, more wedding/birthday decore, Sims should know about a family/friend that they died. Mid life crises emotion, Anniversary and Golden Anniversary for Adults and Elder who are still married. Daycare for babies and tots emotional preteens.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    After recently playing the Sims 2, I think we should have the kids reaction to their parents coming home back. In Sims 2 the kids run towards them and hug them. Also a kiss goodnight before a kid can go to bed would be cute.
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Orphans and orphanages! If all sims but children in a household die, they can be sent to an orphanage, where they can live until (if) they get adopted by a family or household in the world! It would be a great way to start legacies too!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    I hate to interput but I just want to tell you in my Sims 4 game whenever a parent comes home from work and the kids are already home-one of the kids will go and hug the working parent
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I hate to interput but I just want to tell you in my Sims 4 game whenever a parent comes home from work and the kids are already home-one of the kids will go and hug the working parent

@MadameLee I think the idea was for them to automatically do so, instead of us making the sims do it ourselves.
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016

@MadameLee I think the idea was for them to automatically do so, instead of us making the sims do it ourselves.

and i'm telling you in my game when Free Will is on the kids go automatically to the working parent when the parent comes home without me doing anythiny. Also I'm not the only one whose sim children go and hug their working parent when they come home-other people have it as well . You are spamming the forum by making an identical thread.
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Thread updated
    Recent Idea: Beer Goggles.
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Recent Idea: Beer Goggles.

Which result in drunken weddings to totally the wrong sim? :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Oh and if we could get 'Invite Household Over' feature back that would be great. It would make it much easier when inviting family/friends over for first introductions or whatever else.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

and i'm telling you in my game when Free Will is on the kids go automatically to the working parent when the parent comes home without me doing anythiny. Also I'm not the only one whose sim children go and hug their working parent when they come home-other people have it as well . You are spamming the forum by making an identical thread.

Yep. My sim did this too. Totally autonomously, the child ran to the parent when they arrived home from work to give them a hug. They actually stopped what they were doing to do so. It could have been a chance hug, and the timing could have been coincidental. But since the child actually stopped playing on the water slide to do this, I feel like it was programming. I do wonder if the devs have surreptitiously added this in a patch recently, because it was the first time I'd seen a Sim do this.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,535 Member
    edited August 2016

Yep. My sim did this too. Totally autonomously, the child ran to the parent when they arrived home from work to give them a hug. They actually stopped what they were doing to do so. It could have been a chance hug, and the timing could have been coincidental. But since the child actually stopped playing on the water slide to do this, I feel like it was programming. I do wonder if the devs have surreptitiously added this in a patch recently, because it was the first time I'd seen a Sim do this.

I think that's because all sims hug like that, not that children have a special and unique motivation and interaction with parents like TS2 did.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    Oh my god i would love to see the Nurturing Trait from The Sims 3 back in The Sims 4 Generations, For example, nurturing Sims wont dare to let their children home-alone probably not even with the nanny, or she would need to have big relationship with the nanny to let her stay with her children(the trait is also available for teens), if you have a nurturing teen, a nurturing teen won't be able to, like, make kids or something, but they're really good and careful siblings, and will do anything to make the good for their younger siblings, cousins, or anybody in their family thats younger than them, also, nurturing teens get along very well with childrens(not from the family, for example strangers)

And also Rebel Trait, Which is available for Childrens, Teens, Y. Adults, Adults, and Elders(because for example you pick rebel trait as an teen, and when you become an elder, the trait can't just go away, it has to stay there, i know it may not make sense, rebellious elders, but, it wouldn't make sense for the trait to just dissapear and make you pick another trait when your an elder, that would be really REALLY silly.), and i bet you already know what disasters rebellious sims make, so i won't have to explain.

there should be 3 new age-groups(which would be nicer for ea to add them in a simple free update, but its ok if they add it in a possible generation expansion pack) which are: Toddlers, Pre-teens and Middle Agers(the ones between adults and elders, not really elders, but kinda more older adults)

You know the relationship bars? (friendship, and romance, in sims 4.) well, they should add a new bar, a trust bar! how much a sim trusts another sim, as i explained earlier, nurturing sim-parents need to have trusts in their nannies to let them babysit their baby(ies)/toddler(s)/child(ren) and/or preteen(s) (i think preteens need nannies too, i think, because afterall, their the in between of teens and children, so their not really teens who can take care of theirselves.), but not only how much nannies and nurturing sim-parents trust each other, how much grandparends, parents, children, siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, best friends, friends, etc! trust eachother.

plus, ea should make sims hair grow as they grow up, for example. babies have no hair, toddlers have short hair (and of course they have options to costumize their hair and make different hairstyles, but just short hair hairstyles for now, since their hair is small), children girls have large-y hair, children boys can have large-y hair too, they can go to the hair salon and cut their hair if they want, children girls can too.(oh and i forgot, there should be hair salons) and i guess you get it, just like in real life! they go at the salon and get shorter hair, when they get home they can make short hairstyles, with long hair they can make long hairstyles, and thats kinda all of my ideas, they're lots, i know.
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    Oh my god i would love to see the Nurturing Trait from The Sims 3 back in The Sims 4 Generations, For example, nurturing Sims wont dare to let their children home-alone probably not even with the nanny, or she would need to have big relationship with the nanny to let her stay with her children(the trait is also available for teens), if you have a nurturing teen, a nurturing teen won't be able to, like, make kids or something, but they're really good and careful siblings, and will do anything to make the good for their younger siblings, cousins, or anybody in their family thats younger than them, also, nurturing teens get along very well with childrens(not from the family, for example strangers)

quote]

Nurturing doesn't mean anti-free range parenting. That's helicopter parenting actually. Nurturing means letting the kids get injured, etc. Basically the ability to learn to fend for themselves.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    oh well guess i kinda informed myself wrong about nurturing, i guess i meant over-protective/over-protective parent trait haha
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    oh well guess i kinda informed myself wrong about nurturing, i guess i meant over-protective/over-protective parent trait haha

Sorry, If came off a big harsh it just I been reading Lenore (if you over 18 and are a parent you might know her as "World's Worst Mom" since in 2009 she allowed her then nine-year-old son to ride the NYC subway alone) free-range kids blog. Technically what you were saying were the people who helicopter their kids do what's called (by Lenore) as "Worst-First Thinking" ie thinking all strangers (regards of gender) are "Out" to "Get" her children. (if you know what I mean by "Out" and "Get")--it's goes as far as to CPS, Police, schools&daycares having that "Worst-First Thinking". Well, Free-Range parenting (what Nurturing actually is) is to allow the children to play, get hurt- basically allow them to learn to be independent and learn skills for when they're older.

sorry for the little lesson "Free-Range" parenting and I'm not even a parent myself!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    nah its ok i understand haha, you weren't harsh and i'm not a parent either haha
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    HeartMindParadoxHeartMindParadox Posts: 3 New Member

Family photos, more poses/backgrounds included. Wedding pictures. Birthday pictures. Photo albums? More picture frames, larger then default photographs.

I want to take more pictures of my adorable families as they grow, basically.

I like the idea of funerals, maybe more in-depth weddings.
  • Options
    lalikingxlalikingx Posts: 3 New Member
    I think we should be able to travel with babies, like have a stroller or something.. idk. Like we can go to the park with our entire family instead of just toddlers & older sims
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

Another idea I had was pocket money for kids and teens. We have voidcritters for the kids and I think it would be cute to add a piggy bank to the game for the kids. I donÄt know if that's possible, but it would be cute.

I've been wanting some sort of individual accounts for a long time. Children & teens could get an allowance and/or put in the money they earn themselves to spend at the stores or festivals, or just save the money up for their first apartment when they grow up. Even the grown ups could get in on it. They could keep a "secret" account from their spouse, or roommates could have their own account & just chip in to the main account to pay bills. And complain when someone's not paying their fair share.
    Gallery ID: LDM2