Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay Ideas?

I have been having trouble keeping interest in The Sims 3-- so much that I resorted to the first one for entertainment. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for gameplay. I have all of the expansions, if that helps with any ideas.
This could also help someone else having trouble with ideas!
Thanks in advance :)
F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
-Nick Mason (Official)

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Maybe you can point out what you did first. I loved playing a homeless sim in Bridgeport, but maybe you've done that already?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Idk I usually play qith my Sims wishes so whatever they wish for they get.

Maybe you couls try one of the many challenges or if you don't usually play supernatural sims you can play them. One of my favorite saves was one after SN came out I made a household in Monlight falls with one of every SN kind. I added thing luke the jelly bean plant and I had a lot of fun just turning them against each other.
    Even had a drowning ghost... ^^

You could try running a resort or have an adventurer sim, play the ambitions careers or try having your sim make a living frpm a non official job. I also had fun playing as a lifeguard and having a genie amd be entertaining too.
  • Options
    Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    @JoAnne65 I have played homeless sims in Appaloosa Plains, but never Bridgeport, and that sounds like it would fit better. Thank you, I will definitely try that!

@06Bon06 You have a lot of great ideas there! I have done the house of every SN, and it was honestly too hard, but I should try again XD. I do really enjoy having life guards for some reason, so thanks for the tips :)
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2016
    Try challenges and randomize traits along with lifetime wishes. It will push you out of your normal play style which can be fun. Also play some premades.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Two words:

RUIN MARRIAGES

Screenshot-161_zpsxcnk9uu5.jpg
    Screenshot-164_zpsc3xzcueb.jpg
    Screenshot-171_zpsxezbmejg.jpg
    Screenshot-180_zpsabhy3ncp.jpg

Screenshot-176_zpsv7kqzmle.jpg
    "I'm ALL you've got NOW!" >:)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    You could make a sim be in a career that you haven't used in ages, same for skills.
    Make a sim unique looking like have un-natural coloured hair eg.
    Just a couple, will add them if I think of more :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    JustAGeminiJustAGemini Posts: 70 Member
    Try doing the 100 Baby Challenge! It's super challenging and fun.