Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running into an issue, any ideas on how? (This is regarding Sims 2 Castaway)

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 2
I'm not sure which section to place this question, and this is with Sims 2 Castaway for the PS 2. I'm running into a little problem that is killing my sim's relationship. I am trying to get a couple married. I've checked and found that I was missing the little hat, but that is not my problem. I will get a couple romantic with each other (Relationship at 100), and this has happened twice, with two different sims. They will end up getting romantic with someone else, which causes the relationship to take a nose dive to -6. My question is how do I keep the other sim from doing romantic interactions with all others, except for the one I'm trying to get them with. And if for some reason I can pull this off, and actually get those two married, will this keep up, or will that sim actually be faithful?
Post edited by LaBlue0314 on

Comments

• Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited May 2016
    Relationships for Sims2 whether in the base game and expansion packs or Sim Life Stories, Pet Stories or Castaway are the same.
    What is the long term relationship (bottom score) of your couple?
    If it is greater than 70, any romantic action e.g. flirt, hug or kiss will trigger the Sims falling in love.
    If they fall in love, the proposal to be engaged is available and after engagement, marriage.
    Sims can be attracted to other Sims other than their partner; if they are a Romance Sim they probably want 2 Loves! :)
    All you can do is not encourage any romantic actions so just let your Sim chat or tell a joke or play with another Sim but never check them out - scope room is you wish.
    Hope this helps?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The problem I'm having with them is they are doing the romantic type hug, and this is setting off the sim I'm playing. The sims I'm not controlling, who are doing this, their relationship with each other is around 50, but for sure under 60. This is one of the reasons I'm wondering why they are acting like this.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The problem I'm having with them is they are doing the romantic type hug, and this is setting off the sim I'm playing. The sims I'm not controlling, who are doing this, their relationship with each other is around 50, but for sure under 60. This is one of the reasons I'm wondering why they are acting like this.

Well, as you cannot control other Sims not belonging in your household, all you can do at this point is keep an eye on the Sim you're trying to prevent the interaction with, and when you see a icon thumbnail at the top of your screen indicating an action is about to occur, quickly hover your mouse over it and if it says something like, "Be hugged romantically," or "Be kissed," or any interaction you do not want, cancel it out so it doesn't occur and move your sim away and make him/her do something else so that his/her focus is elsewhere and the Sim trying to interact is forced to move on to someone or something else.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    This is for the console version of Castaway.
  • Options
    Aren't there still picture icons which pop up at the top left of the screen to indicate an upcoming action?
  • Options
    No, when my sim went to yell at her romantic interest, this is what she was doing. While eating, all of a sudden she got up, walked over to him, and started yelling at him. There was no pop ups, or any indication anything was going to happen. She just walked over to him, and yelled at him. I'm slowly getting their relationship back up. But after their relationship was basically destroyed, I then had her get involved with another, and well the same thing happened, when he was getting involved with a third party. This is very different than any of the sims in the computer version of the game. :( At this point in the game, I'm about to start over, and just create 2 sims, instead of 6. At least then there won't be any romantic rivals to cause problems.
  • Options
    Oh wow, OK. See, I've only ever played on the computer. I'm not sure I was even aware there were different versions for non-computers.

But yeah, it sounds like you're being a little overwhelmed by having so many people in one house. Instead of starting over, do you have the option to move people out of the house into places of their own? Maybe that would help cut down on the relationship stress?
  • Options
    The only option I have would be to kick them out of the tribe. I'll try that instead and see if that helps or not.
  • Options
    OK, forgive me, but "tribe???"
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Yes how the game starts if you create up to 6 sims. It can be as small as one, or as many as six, or any number between. The story starts out like the show Gilligan's Island, where they went on a little trip, and storm comes up on them, and they get ship wrecked on an island. Everyone is scattered around three different islands, and eventually the sim you pick to play will find them. Once they become friends, you have the option to ask them to join your tribe. They can also be kicked out of the tribe as well. Once they accept your offer, you can then control them, you can assign them a job of either fishing, gathering resources, looking for food, or cooking for the tribe. I never bother with that last one. In the PS2 version there are not any children, and they don't age, I don't even think they can woohoo, but they can get married. It hasn't happened to me yet, but they can die, and there is one way of bringing them back. At the end there are two options of getting rescued, and that's how the game ends, or you are given the option to go in and do a free play type of game. There are a few animals in the game as well. Chimps you can befriend, and they can collect stuff, a wild pig you can hunt, I'm not crazy about it, because it's pretty destructive, and fish you eat, and use for resources. Oh yes, there are chickens, that you can catch to eat or use to lay eggs.
  • Options
    Oh wow. That's definitely interesting! And I agree about the pig hunting. I'm not sure I could do that either.