Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caring for the Elders because they are Sims too! (Pic Heavy)

I just wanted to share some pics from my Senior Home. My YA Sim is the only active played one. He visits 5 days a week to care for the retired elders and is having a blast. Sorry this is a bit pic heavy, but I got carried away :)

Cooking for them
2pt1hqg.png

Eating and watching TV
iz21vo.png

A little Don't Wake the Llama
23vetr5.png

Doing their dishes.
f2rfxt.png

Cleaning the dreaded toilet.
2iuucrq.png

Some playtime with the old guys.
34do5qb.png

Gotta massage those achy muscles.
16jrcp3.png

Sadly they tend to pass on, so they place their departed friends in the basement mausoleum, but that means a new spot for a new resident and new friend.
2cp5fsj.png

Comments

• Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I like it , thanks for sharing. Hope my old age turns out nice too.
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Same here :)
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    @Montrase102 .. What a lovely way to play your sims ! Thanks for sharing them with us.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Your Seniors home is so very special! :) It is a very nice home for elder sims to live. It is caring and thoughtful of your young adult sim to come and look after and spend time with the senior sims. Thankyou for sharing these very nice pictures with us. <3
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I think I just found a new way to play!! Thanks for the idea and great pic!
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I love what you've done here @Montrase102 . Thanks for sharing you great idea. :smile:
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    This is so cool. Thanks for sharing. Yeah I don't see a lot of stories for elders, so this was a pleasant sight to see.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
    It is fun to interract with the Edlers. If it helps I play with my YA Sim with aging off and let the world age around him, so he develops his skills well for them and meets more Elders after they pass on. I also use the Welcome Mat reward so they don't freak out when he is cooking on their lot. I also created a large house with lots of activities, bathrooms and comfy beds for them. Pics of the home they live in are below. I am not a great builder though lol.

166ahoi.png
    2n7i0aq.png
    6jpm3s.png
    rqys03.png
    334lwjs.png
    21kk0lk.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The roof decor item is a nice touch on the roof, and the windows look nice how they are placed on the front exterior. The awnings are a nice touch over the front door. There are many enjoyable activities for the elders to do at their home, both outdoors and inside. The outdoors pool area is very nice! The sims will enjoy dining outdoors in the air at the umbrella covered table or enjoy sitting on the stools at the tiki bar having a drink and a chat. They will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. It is great that the observatory is in the build. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! It is great that there are two basement levels in the build. Very nice massage and yoga areas. Sims will like having a relaxing massage on the table or enjoy quietly doing yoga on the mats. The candles look calming in the yoga area. Nice gym area for them to keep fit using the gym equipment . The bedrooms are very nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    That's so cool! I had a retirement "village" in my Sims 2 game. Placed it, but never had the chance to play with it. Thanks for sharing the pics!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Tinyfazza84Tinyfazza84 Posts: 106 Member
    That is such a sweet idea :)
    Origin ID Tinyfazza84
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Nice thread! I have a Senior Home too, but they cook and clean for themselves. I might give them a maid though! When we get a Generations EP I hope they give the elders some nice new items and interactions!
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    Nice! I made a senior home too, first just as a way to move out old sims and make space, but later it became one of my very favorite households to play. So it's really cool to see similar builds that other people have done. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2016
    What a great idea! :) elders are usually neglected in this (and previous) sims games, so it's refreshing to see someone paying attention to them! I may steal your idea for my game ;) thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    Awesome, your Seniors home is absolutely lovely! I had created a small elder's cottage where I merged 2 elderly families, however I didn't think of your idea of making it a non-playerable household and have active Sims just visit. Thanks so much for sharing your terrific idea!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I like this idea very much.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I built a retirement home too, but it wasn't as cozy as this one. Great storyline!
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited May 2016
    I have been playing elders for quite some time now, I have made a group of monks that have a huge mansion and some smaller places around it for gardens and stuff, which is their main source of income right now. I hope when the restaurant pack comes I can make them own a restaurant, and hopefully use some of their own produce. I have them play games and exercise and cook when they are not working in the garden. There is no religion in this, they are more a commune of monks, not a religious sec.
    I have also made a group of elders who are dancing machines, they do the dancing that the clubs do and stuff like that, they die sooner then I like, so I have to be careful with this group. I sometimes make them not age on this one, but still they basically die of exhaustion, or something like that. This is another place where I bring that cougar woman in, there are just so many fights, I love this.
    I also have one women who is a cougar, and I have her going out with the older men, she is an adult not an elder yet, and I have it so that the older ladies do not like her, as they want to be with the older men. This one is really fun to play as I never know what is going to happen when I finally rotate back to them.
    In the sims 3 when we had houseboats (which I hope come back in sims 4) I made a cruise ship and had the sims stay on the cruise for awhile. They played games and gambled and such.
    Your idea is great, I might just make a home for them to keep the cougar out, LOL
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Love this post and the fact that the carer is a red haired male....I mean if you've got to go into a home, have some eyecandy on hand....right?
  • Options
    aspeakeraspeaker Posts: 4 New Member
    That's so neat! What a cool idea :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Your sim is a darling!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I'm in the process of converting the Oakenstead lot to this type of facility. I also like the idea of having active Sims from other households work there. I look forward to seeing more pics, from everyone, and I will share some of mine as I get farther along.

If anyone knows of a Let's Play on this theme from some of the YouTube Simmers, I'd certainly watch it and subscribe. Or perhaps the OP would like to start one? :)
  • Options
    Thanks! It's getting funny not having them as playable. I had my YA Sim spend a couple of days over there crashing in one of the beds. It is a full house of 8 Elders. One of the males came from the basement with three of the females completely nude walking around as if normal. My Sim and the other Elders were reacting in either shock or the urge to puke lol. What were they up to? I left the lot and when I returned they were all clothed again.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Thanks! It's getting funny not having them as playable. I had my YA Sim spend a couple of days over there crashing in one of the beds. It is a full house of 8 Elders. One of the males came from the basement with three of the females completely nude walking around as if normal. My Sim and the other Elders were reacting in either shock or the urge to puke lol. What were they up to? I left the lot and when I returned they were all clothed again.
    Ha ha! You really should do a Let's Play. :smiley: