Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New worlds - We need Create A World stat!

axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
edited April 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I really think that a large problem in making this game so stale is the lack of worlds in the game. Seeing the same old places over and over even if you change the lots themselves gets really boring. Oasis springs and Willow Creek are both so bland and over used that I don't even like to look at them. Windenburg is great and it's gorgeous but there is so much open and unused space. I would have loved it if instead of having an open bland area they put more lots around. The worlds are just so closed and un customizable that it makes me not want to play. I really would love to see a create a world tool or pack released. I remember in TS3 creators like Mysimsrealty and Rflong were SO talented that I preferred their creations over EA's. I loved for example Storybrook County because it encompasses every small pack and detail in the world. Maybe they'll release a CAW tool sometime soon but I don't see how it would even work in ts4 being that the worlds are so closed and you have to go through load screens. Thoughts?
FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
Post edited by axel1015 on

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think future worlds need to be on par with Windenburg.
  • Options
    I think future worlds need to be on part with Windenburg.

Windenburg was and is great but I still think it needs some work. I just feel like the open space is very bland and not much to do in.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I wish they'd expand upon some of the current worlds. Idk if it's possible, but I really don't want to end up with like 10 bite-sized worlds. I'd be fine with them being like the size of Windenburg (and more things to do)
    I still want Sixam to be a playable world too but probably won't happen.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I wish there was better customization with the neighborhoods. As a builder, I want to tweak them a lot more at least Sims 2 level. I hate having static neighborhoods again like the Sims 1.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I wish they'd expand upon some of the current worlds. Idk if it's possible, but I really don't want to end up with like 10 bite-sized worlds. I'd be fine with them being like the size of Windenburg (and more things to do)

That would be really cool if they made sixam a world. I would love to give my aliens a chance to live in their homeworld.
  • Options
    goldsimmeergoldsimmeer Posts: 274 Member
    I agree, Windenburg is the best world by far, I never live in Oasis Springs though, I think it's to small and dull
  • Options
    axel1015 wrote: »

That would be really cool if they made sixam a world. I would love to give my aliens a chance to live in their homeworld.
    That would be so cool <3.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    goldsimmeergoldsimmeer Posts: 274 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

That would be so cool <3.

It would also be really cool if they added Sixam into a Vacation Pack, so that Aliens and Humans could go there on vacation.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't think it about the worlds as much. In a way I do agree with that the worlds have a lot to be desired. I would like to see a lot more content that make our sims lives interesting.
  • Options
    I really want just a nice big normal styled world with lots of space and lots and fun things to do. IMO. Winds burg is just too styled to a specific theme.
  • Options
    james64468 wrote: »
    I don't think it about the worlds as much. In a way I do agree with that the worlds have a lot to be desired. I would like to see a lot more content that make our sims lives interesting.

Agreed. I think a nice mix of the two would be great.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Really what is needed is a lot more in-depth game play. Things to do like nectar making...just for example... that are multi-levelled and have many, many options. When you compare nectar making to OR's herbalism or GTW scientist's serum making you can see the difference I'm talking about.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Really what is needed is a lot more in-depth game play. Things to do like nectar making...just for example... that are multi-levelled and have many, many options. When you compare nectar making to OR's herbalism or GTW scientist's serum making you can see the difference I'm talking about.

I know what you mean. I miss nectar making!!
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @axel1015 yeah, me too actually. I love Windenburg and love the sense of space but you are right... the open space is unused in TS$ just because everything mostly has to happen on an active lot. I mean, sure you can camp in the open space... but you have to travel to a lot first (thereby making it the active lot) and then walk your sim to the 'open space' camp site you've chosen. Saying that... I still want all the future words to be just as large, if not larger as smaller worlds are just not acceptable in a AAA 2016 game! And yep... more lots per world as well.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Agree. Would love to see new worlds and new secret lots. I still wish we coul dhave lived in Sixam and Granite Falls.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    edited April 2016
    To add we need a tropical beach and ski destination world.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    I think future worlds need to be on part with Windenburg.

Windenburg was and is great but I still think it needs some work. I just feel like the open space is very bland and not much to do in.
    I could not agree more the open spaces are so boring they really need to expand the activities that can be done if your not into collecting gardening or fishing there is no reason to ever leave your lot. If a sports pack ever comes I really hope they add in areas like fields for baseball and other sports that does not require you to leave active lot. For me the number of worlds is not as big of deal as not being able to customize the worlds we have I really want a world of my own I hate all the worlds more worlds wont make that better.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I love nectar making too and I agree about more gameplay options. I just want to be able to make my own settings for my stories. I think town building is part of setting the scene for gameplay.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    The mass open grass area in Newcrest annoys me. It looks like they intended to put lots there but for some reason didn't. It would be ideal for many things but we can't do anything with it.

I REALLY want Midnight Hollow to come to TS4. Would love to see something Similar to Granit Falls and Sylvan Glade as a livable world. Not to mention a tropical island, beach or a world filled with HUGE lots for a farming town.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    They need a world development team because they need to pick up the pace on the rate of new worlds coming out. I have no space EA!
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It annoys me all the wasted space in the existing worlds. Also the fact that there is very few lots and that we can't edit them, move them around etc.
    Winderburg was by far a better world than the obvious ones but it still doesn't feel whole, there is something missing.
    I hope the next world to come to be better than Winderburg.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I completely disagree. The issue is not by far the worlds but the gameplay itself.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    Maybe they put empty space so they can add special lots later in expansion packs.... Atleast I hope so.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    People in the recent past, have been calling for a farming pack. Would you rather have a farm set in big open spaces like Windenburg or closer spaces like Willow Creek?
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited April 2016
    Please can we get a feature like we did with the sims 3 where we can download worlds for free please from the exchange but maybe put it in the gallery instead?
    giphy_1.gif