Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Are You Angry?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited February 2016
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I wish they'd bring back memories. You could go play a certain sim and see what happened recently to cause that mood.

There are memories in the game. You can assign a memory to pictures you have taken in the game. Memories can be used to put Sims in certain moods.

Also, now you have to be sure they're in the mood you want. One of my sims is still traumatized when he thinks back on his sad memories of being captured. :whistles: What? It was part of the story...lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I wish they'd bring back memories. You could go play a certain sim and see what happened recently to cause that mood.

There are memories in the game. You can assign a memory to pictures you have taken in the game. Memories can be used to put Sims in certain moods.

True, but those memories are determined by screenshots taken by the player. Sims 2 had the best memory manager IMO. Major life moments were automatically recordered and saved without the players involvement. You could go back through premade sims memories and see what they have done with their life so far, something that neither The Sims 3 or 4 have done.

Now that they've removed the ability to set the emotion, the current "memory" system is useless. My sim just witnessed their spouses death? Let's make this a confident memory.

I didn't know the option to add emotions to memories was removed.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

True, but those memories are determined by screenshots taken by the player. Sims 2 had the best memory manager IMO. Major life moments were automatically recordered and saved without the players involvement. You could go back through premade sims memories and see what they have done with their life so far, something that neither The Sims 3 or 4 have done.

Now that they've removed the ability to set the emotion, the current "memory" system is useless. My sim just witnessed their spouses death? Let's make this a confident memory.

I didn't know the option to add emotions to memories was removed.

They removed the option to assign a specific emotion. It automatically chooses what emotion to assign if you choose to do so. I can't say I used the feature in the past, but now that they removed that functionality I doubt I'll use it going forward.
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    If you switch to playing the sim in question, you'll find that their mood is either Fine or Happy. As a couple other people said, it's all just staged.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    If you switch to playing the sim in question, you'll find that their mood is either Fine or Happy. As a couple other people said, it's all just staged.

Sometimes when I switched they were still in the angry or sad mood.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    A lot of times when I invite sims over to my house they show up cranky or angry. No idea why
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    A lot of times when I invite sims over to my house they show up cranky or angry. No idea why

Maybe they don't like your Sim? Or they were doing something important and you interrupted. There could be many reasons :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    YungGigi wrote: »

Maybe they don't like your Sim? Or they were doing something important and you interrupted. There could be many reasons :)

That's a good explanation.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member

I loved how sims 2 did memories. They also has grow up well or grow up badly and I really miss that feature too. I always liked that Dina had in her memories that Nina grew up badly. It was just a really nice touch and reinforced that family feel to the game.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    With all the cheating going on, I'm assuming the sim found their spouse flirting with another sim.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,648 Member
    The NPCs have more emotions than my sims, to be honest. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I dislike all these ridiculous emotions. None of it is true. The game uses an algorithm to assign moods to townies it populates the areas with. That's annoying to me. I want them to be in that mood because something actually happened to make them that way.

In TS2, when a sim didn't like your sim, they'd walk past angry and kick over your trashcan or steal your newspaper. That was real and immersive. Heck, my sim has been so harassed by her ex-husband, she had to build a fence and lock it to keep him from messing with her stuff. When sims didn't like one another on community lots, you knew it. I didn't need overzealous animations to tell me they were in a mood, they'd make it known through their actions that were real and had a history that I could look through and see why they didn't like each other.

TS4's system is just bleh. I play a game. If I wanted to use my imagination, I wouldn't have spent a ludicrous amount of money on a game to do so.