Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    PeanutButterVibesPeanutButterVibes Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you for your fast reply, Rosemow! I will try all of these things :)

After my previous post I started my game, and it was having all these bugs I've never had before. My sims were barely responding to the actions I gave them, and they would disappear/reappear from my screen randomly. Super strange..
  • Options
    PeanutButterVibesPeanutButterVibes Posts: 15 Member
    — update (can’t edit previous post) —

I’ve tried Rosemows tips, and it seems like my game is running faster again indeed! The bugs mentioned above are fixed. It’s still not as fast as it used to be, but definitely better than before :) Thanks again, Rosemow!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    — update (can’t edit previous post) —

I’ve tried Rosemows tips, and it seems like my game is running faster again indeed! The bugs mentioned above are fixed. It’s still not as fast as it used to be, but definitely better than before :) Thanks again, Rosemow!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    RandompotatooooRandompotatoooo Posts: 3 New Member
    After the update where they changed the gallery I can’t download anything. If I click on anything in the gallery I can’t click out of it and I have to shut down my game. I tried taking out my cc but that didn’t work.
  • Options
    After the update where they changed the gallery I can’t download anything. If I click on anything in the gallery I can’t click out of it and I have to shut down my game. I tried taking out my cc but that didn’t work.

Hello @Randompotatoooo
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.
  • Options
    Christina0216Christina0216 Posts: 11 New Member
    @rosemow That worked! I think it was the careers that were the problem, so I got rid of all the ones that aren't compatible with the latest version. Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    @rosemow That worked! I think it was the careers that were the problem, so I got rid of all the ones that aren't compatible with the latest version. Thank you so much!!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    @rosemow it worked when I deleted the cache files and took the mods out so I decided to try it with the mods in but it stopped working again. I think I’m gonna slowly put my mods back in a few at a time and find out what mod it is. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    @rosemow it worked when I deleted the cache files and took the mods out so I decided to try it with the mods in but it stopped working again. I think I’m gonna slowly put my mods back in a few at a time and find out what mod it is. Thanks for the help!

Hello @Randompotatoooo
    If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , it would be best to remove the mod and download/install the updated version that has been released since the patch.

Some Custom careers have been broken by the latest patch so it would be best to also remove them and see if there are updated versions of the careers.
  • Options
    @rosemow I updated the UI Cheats extension mod and now the gallery is working just fine. Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    @rosemow I updated the UI Cheats extension mod and now the gallery is working just fine. Thanks for the advice!

That is great! :) You’re welcome.
  • Options
    galronwon3galronwon3 Posts: 18 Member
    galronwon3 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    I've had the friends section become frozen lately. Instead of who they are currently talking to being first it doesn't move like it is frozen in place. The relationship grows but the picture is not where it is supposed. Is this an unusual issue? Don't remember experiencing it before. I have to scroll down to find who they are talking to.

Hello @galronwon3
    The friends relationship panel should move to show who they are talking to.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps

I'll try the suggestions. It's happened twice recently. The first time I saved the families to my library, then deleted the ones that had the problem which were many and replaced the ones from the library and the relationship panel functioned normally. normal. I've also backed up saves so I can replace those if the problem begins again with saves before the problem started.

I tried the suggestions but nothing seemed to fix the issue. I played my older saved game and the same issue arises with the relationship panel. I exit without saving when it happens and try again. It seems like destiny for it to break every time. I wondered if anyone else has ever had this issue with the relationship panel. The rest of the game is normal and this is with no mods or custom content too. I bought Seasons in June and then bought Pets afterward. I didn't know if the order of installation had anything to do with the relationship panel issue, or if it is because the game has been played for awhile.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    I've had the friends section become frozen lately. Instead of who they are currently talking to being first it doesn't move like it is frozen in place. The relationship grows but the picture is not where it is supposed. Is this an unusual issue? Don't remember experiencing it before. I have to scroll down to find who they are talking to.

Hello @galronwon3
    The friends relationship panel should move to show who they are talking to.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

I'll try the suggestions. It's happened twice recently. The first time I saved the families to my library, then deleted the ones that had the problem which were many and replaced the ones from the library and the relationship panel functioned normally. normal. I've also backed up saves so I can replace those if the problem begins again with saves before the problem started.

I tried the suggestions but nothing seemed to fix the issue. I played my older saved game and the same issue arises with the relationship panel. I exit without saving when it happens and try again. It seems like destiny for it to break every time. I wondered if anyone else has ever had this issue with the relationship panel. The rest of the game is normal and this is with no mods or custom content too. I bought Seasons in June and then bought Pets afterward. I didn't know if the order of installation had anything to do with the relationship panel issue, or if it is because the game has been played for awhile.

Hello @galronwon3
    The order that you install the packs doesn’t cause any issues in Sims 4.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Try testing your current save game again,
  • Options
    DrewDrop26DrewDrop26 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi, my family trees keep being messed up within 2-3 generations. For instance, A has three children, and two of those children have children; however, on the family tree, it says one of her children has a child, and the other grandchildren each belong to a separate child of A's. So it looks like A has 6 children, but they're just blank icons. It only happens when I am viewing any grandparent's lineage, and it's super annoying. I have a photo, but I don't know if I can post it. Is there a way to fix this?
  • Options
    DrewDrop26DrewDrop26 Posts: 26 Member
    Oh; it also never shows the 1st generation/grandparent person with their living spouse either.
  • Options
    Hi, my family trees keep being messed up within 2-3 generations. For instance, A has three children, and two of those children have children; however, on the family tree, it says one of her children has a child, and the other grandchildren each belong to a separate child of A's. So it looks like A has 6 children, but they're just blank icons. It only happens when I am viewing any grandparent's lineage, and it's super annoying. I have a photo, but I don't know if I can post it. Is there a way to fix this?
    Oh; it also never shows the 1st generation/grandparent person with their living spouse either.

Hello @the_lucy_program
    Other simmers are also having issues with their family trees. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Family-Tree-is-broken-since-7-31-18-patch/m-p/6965213#M70230
  • Options
    RahzzelRahzzel Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, I'm new to the forums and fairly new to sims in general, only been playing with it for about a year now.

Issue

<In 4, I've recently caught this bug that doesn't allow me to click any type of clothes, hair, etc or their styles/colors in CAS. It's only in the selection menu and about mid-screen or middle of the section. If I move the slider and move the particular shirt etc up or down, then it will allow me to click it as well as its drop-down palette. However, if the shirt is at the top of the menu and I click the drop-down palette and it falls in this particular area, I can't choose a style/color. I have to move the slider down to where the palette is in a good zone. This is especially irritating if I have a selection menu that isn't long, so I don't have a slider to move the options around to where I can click them. There are just some things I am unable to use due to this bug.>

Steps you took for Issue to occur

<There's no steps. It just started doing it one day and I thought maybe the next update would fix it, but no such luck.>

Picture

<No picture>

Where does the bug occur ?

<This only happens in CAS. It doesn't happen in live or build mode and it happens all around, no matter if it's a new sim or I'm modifying an older one.>

Mods/CC

<I have no custom content, nor have I ever used any. I don't know how to download or open/unzip them.>

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

<Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Fitness stuff, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Backyard Stuff>

Occurring since

<No patches or changes. Not sure if it showed up after a particular installation of one of the packs.>

Operating system

<Windows 10>
  • Options
    RahzzelRahzzel Posts: 4 New Member
    Okay... apparently I did something wrong in the last one... Let's try again.> @Rahzzel said:
    > Hello, I'm new to the forums and fairly new to sims in general, only been playing with it for about a year now.
    >
    > Issue
    >
    > In 4, I've recently caught this bug that doesn't allow me to click any type of clothes, hair, etc or their styles/colors in CAS. It's only in the selection menu and about mid-screen or middle of the section. If I move the slider and move the particular shirt etc up or down, then it will allow me to click it as well as its drop-down palette. However, if the shirt is at the top of the menu and I click the drop-down palette and it falls in this particular area, I can't choose a style/color. I have to move the slider down to where the palette is in a good zone. This is especially irritating if I have a selection menu that isn't long, so I don't have a slider to move the options around to where I can click them. There are just some things I am unable to use due to this bug.
    >
    > Steps you took for Issue to occur
    >
    > There's no steps. It just started doing it one day and I thought maybe the next update would fix it, but no such luck.
    >
    > Picture
    >
    > No picture
    >
    > Where does the bug occur ?
    >
    > This only happens in CAS. It doesn't happen in live or build mode and it happens all around, no matter if it's a new sim or I'm modifying an older one.
    >
    > Mods/CC
    >
    > I have no custom content, nor have I ever used any. I don't know how to download or open/unzip them.
    >
    > Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    >
    > Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Fitness stuff, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Backyard Stuff
    >
    > Occurring since
    >
    > No patches or changes. Not sure if it showed up after a particular installation of one of the packs.
    >
    > Operating system
    >
    > Windows 10
  • Options
    Rahzzel wrote: »
    Okay... apparently I did something wrong in the last one... Let's try again.> @Rahzzel said:
    > Hello, I'm new to the forums and fairly new to sims in general, only been playing with it for about a year now.
    >
    > Issue
    >
    > In 4, I've recently caught this bug that doesn't allow me to click any type of clothes, hair, etc or their styles/colors in CAS. It's only in the selection menu and about mid-screen or middle of the section. If I move the slider and move the particular shirt etc up or down, then it will allow me to click it as well as its drop-down palette. However, if the shirt is at the top of the menu and I click the drop-down palette and it falls in this particular area, I can't choose a style/color. I have to move the slider down to where the palette is in a good zone. This is especially irritating if I have a selection menu that isn't long, so I don't have a slider to move the options around to where I can click them. There are just some things I am unable to use due to this bug.
    >
    > Steps you took for Issue to occur
    >
    > There's no steps. It just started doing it one day and I thought maybe the next update would fix it, but no such luck.
    >
    > Picture
    >
    > No picture
    >
    > Where does the bug occur ?
    >
    > This only happens in CAS. It doesn't happen in live or build mode and it happens all around, no matter if it's a new sim or I'm modifying an older one.
    >
    > Mods/CC
    >
    > I have no custom content, nor have I ever used any. I don't know how to download or open/unzip them.
    >
    > Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    >
    > Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Fitness stuff, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Backyard Stuff
    >
    > Occurring since
    >
    > No patches or changes. Not sure if it showed up after a particular installation of one of the packs.
    >
    > Operating system
    >
    > Windows 10

Hello @Rahzzel

Try starting a fresh new save game and test to see if the issue occurs there also.

This post may help you. The issue is a little different to yours but may help.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/mouse-cursor-wont-change-to-sims-4-version/m-p/6899565/highlight/true#M117229
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    • Sims constantly use the card table.
    • If two clubs share a hangout, they do not do their activities. For example I have a music club and a chess club gathering at the same library. When they do gather, all they do is read books.
    • I have no mods or CC.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    • Sims constantly use the card table.
    • If two clubs share a hangout, they do not do their activities. For example I have a music club and a chess club gathering at the same library. When they do gather, all they do is read books.
    • I have no mods or CC.

Hello @calaprfy
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the card table. Simmers are finding that it is causing the sims to be interrupted when eating, as well as at other times.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Interrupted-While-Eating-if-a-card-table-is-nearby/m-p/6760091#M61955

With your second issue, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try starting a fresh new save and test to see if it occurs in that save game also.
  • Options
    SHTridentSHTrident Posts: 2 New Member
    Currently having issues with Sims 4 Pets, the problems are; pets being very needy (constantly creating events to pet them which are over-riding given instructions like cooking or bathing) and pets not registering requested items (they want a clean litter box, yet there are two completely empty and clean ones across the room, same issue with food bowls)

I have tried repairing the game through Origin and re-installing it, neither worked.

I believe it is one of two things; either the save is bugged due to removed scripting mods or the save is bugged due to change in dlc content.
    if anyone has an answer, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    SHTrident wrote: »
    Currently having issues with Sims 4 Pets, the problems are; pets being very needy (constantly creating events to pet them which are over-riding given instructions like cooking or bathing) and pets not registering requested items (they want a clean litter box, yet there are two completely empty and clean ones across the room, same issue with food bowls)

I have tried repairing the game through Origin and re-installing it, neither worked.

I believe it is one of two things; either the save is bugged due to removed scripting mods or the save is bugged due to change in dlc content.
    if anyone has an answer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @SHTrident
    Other simmers are also having these issues.
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pet-Filling-Queue-Task-List/m-p/6699614#M60331

With the second issue, other simmers are also having this issue at times.
  • Options
    SHTridentSHTrident Posts: 2 New Member
    thank you very much rosemow