Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turn ons and turn offs...

Wasn't there a time there were turn ons and turn offs for sims as far as the romance and relationships route? I would like to see that integrated somehow.

Comments

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    That was in sims 2.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    There was indeed a Turn Ons and Turn Offs feature that came with The Sims 2 Nightlife. I liked it very much as it added some reality and variety to matching up Sims. You couldn't always just pair up whoever you wanted with each other as they may not be attracted.
    It gave us much more control than the system in The Sims 3 as well which was based on compatible or conflicting traits instead.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    AFeazyAFeazy Posts: 91 Member
    edited January 2016
    I wish they would bring that back. Really. I really really wish that.

As it is now it's not as in-depth. Always wished in TS3 they would add something to customize sim compatibility. Or what I mean is to make it where certain things attract certain sims and other things turn them off. Would be much more realistic and lots more fun. I really really hope they add something like this to the Sims 4. Please, EA!
    =)
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I really miss this system from the Sims 2. One of my most requested features to return to the series.
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    I wonder if theres a way to integrate this to affect a job or profession...
  • Options
    I wonder if theres a way to integrate this to affect a job or profession...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well I hope they add my turn ons.

Big and curvy
    Classy
    Funny
    Freaky
    Naughty
    Smart
    Charming
    Mystery
    Adventurous
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love if they added them into the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,572 Member
    no i clearly do not went to see this feature return the only way i would npt mind that feature is if i can fully turn off that feature like i turn off aging and death
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Please, positive comments only. If you can only think of negative things to say, then keep them to yourself. Most people are probably not interested in negativity. Its about fun and cool new ideas, not cheap shots from the back of the classroom.
  • Options
    SnuggieQueenSnuggieQueen Posts: 231 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Well I hope they add my turn ons.

Big and curvy
    Classy
    Funny
    Freaky
    Naughty
    Smart
    Charming
    Mystery
    Adventurous

Sims 4: Browsing Craigslist

I really like this! Not the Craigslist EP, but OP's thoughts to bring this system back. It'll hopefully give our sims a little more depth. Anything to make them appear more complex. I want to see something like this in a future pack.
  • Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    This is also one of my most requested things for TS4. I really, really hope they'll bring turn ons and turn offs back someday!
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    It would help add to individuality. Imagine a turn on being a sim that likes to go to bars...I guess that means they like fizzy drinkers...
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It would be kind of cool if Sims had turn ons and offs of Sims with certain traits. Also would be cool to have cosmetic preferences too like hair color, piercings, makeup, tattoos, or if a Sim wears a certain color or not.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    The attraction system from Sims 2 was the best! I loved taking my sim to a club and then watching him or her "scan the room" -- when someone would "light up" it was a real thrill. Plus those 4-bolt attractions were SO powerful. I had sims who were willing to give up everything just to be with "the one".

One girl from a wealthy family had a 4-bolt attraction to a poor fellow with a criminal record. The relationship was a "no-no" according to her parents. But throughout the entire game, even after he married someone else, she stalked him. She finally learned witchcraft and could force him to come over whenever she wanted. She made his life miserable, but the attraction was so strong he could never resist her.

This is one my my most-requested features, too. I want this almost as much as I want toddlers...and that's a LOT.
  • Options
    It would be interesting to see a sim be totally attracted to another sim due to love of grilled cheese. Maybe even have a grilled cheese themed wedding for them!
  • Options
    derwasdasderwasdas Posts: 112 Member
    Turn ons/offs are something I'd love to see return. I find it way more realistic if sims wouldn't fall in love with everything and everyone.
  • Options
    AlyssatjjeeAlyssatjjee Posts: 105 Member
    I would love to see turn ons and offs return! I really liked that about the sims 2 and it makes it much more realistic.
    Origin ID: Alyssatjjee
    May you always do what you are afraid to do
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited January 2016
    Perhaps there could be an option to set a Sim to be turned on by Sims with the same traits as themselves or Sims with opposing traits as well. Turn Ons based on appearance should be incuded as well, of course.
    It should be MUCH easier to set up in TS4 than in TS3 as hairs, skins, eyes and clothing actually have set colours and are tagged as such now.
    Oh! And attraction to or against occults.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?