Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS or Build mode?

So I was thinking that well...do you guys like CAS better or build mode better in TS3 OR TS4? and if you guys want to post pictures then please do so! friendly debate thingy....
For me personally I love CAS.
How about you guys!

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,628 Member
    Ugh, both in TS4 are amazing. I can't decide. If I really have to pick, I'd say CAS since I can get a specific angle or height for their nose, or something or the tilt for their eyes, etc.
    In build mode you can't for certain things.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Ugh, both in TS4 are amazing. I can't decide. If I really have to pick, I'd say CAS since I can get a specific angle or height for their nose, or something or the tilt for their eyes, etc.
    In build mode you can't for certain things.

Yup I agree, There is more customization in CAS but build mode is equally awesome!

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited January 2016
    The thing is in ts3 there was sooo many variables . There was Cast and my sims hair and clothes could be anything with all the choices of colours and patterns and I miss the eyelashes and shades of make-up. Saying that ,there are so many great things about all the different body shapes in sims4 that to pick one over the other is difficult.
    Oh why oh why couldn't we have both.

With build mode I hate the fact that a garden shed has to have a foundation just because the house has one and I don't like the way we add railings to a deck by building a wall. Still there are so many nice things like roof lines and pulling walls and moving the whole house over on a lot in sims 4....... again , why oh why can't we have it all?

edit: sorry I didn't really answer your question I love both of the games , each for their strengths.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Hard to choose, as I love them both almost equally, and so much more in TS4 than in TS3... But I'm going to go with CAS, because of how much more flexibility there is in it compared to CAS in TS3.
    I do not miss those sliders! :D
  • Options
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    The thing is in ts3 there was sooo many variables . There was Cast and my sims hair and clothes could be anything with all the choices of colours and patterns and I miss the eyelashes and shades of make-up. Saying that ,there are so many great things about all the different body shapes in sims4 that to pick one over the other is difficult.

With build mode I hate the fact that a garden shed has to have a foundation just because the house has one and I don't like the way we add railings to a deck by building a wall. Still there are so many nice things like roof lines and pulling walls and moving the whole house over on a lot in sims 4....... again , why oh why can't we have it all?

Oh yes! I mean everything is awesome! glad you can see that! haha!

• Options
    Hard to choose, as I love them both almost equally, and so much more in TS4 than in TS3... But I'm going to go with CAS, because of how much more flexibility there is in it compared to CAS in TS3.
    I do not miss those sliders! :D

Me either (I mean the sliders) TS4 certainly improved on it much more than I thought and the design ideals are beautiful

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2016
    When it comes to creating sims I prefer Sims 4, though sliders in Sims 3 help. When it comes to clothes and coloring I prefer sims 3.

Sims 4 build mode is way easier to me in Sims 4, but at the end of the day I have to go with Sims 3 for CAST as well as all the different things you can do, also I feel like there's something more distinct about the houses in sims 3. Like it's easier to see or give them dimension. Hard for me to explain.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Swiftwolf100Swiftwolf100 Posts: 4 New Member
    I love CAS in Sims 4. It's so much fun to just see who and what you can create with those tools. I do love Build Mode, though, as it's fun to create large houses with nice decorations.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    CAS and Build Mode are fantastic in TS4 it's basically what saves the game for me.
    It's hard to choose one or the other. I love to populate my world's with my own creations (Households and Lots).
    I guess if there was a terrain tool I would choose Build Mode, but because there isn't, I choose CAS.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited January 2016
    It's a hard choice, but I'm going to go with CAS. I'm better with CAS than I am with building.

Edit: Sorry, meant to say Sims 4 CAS. I was awful with TS3 CAS.
    Post edited by 0Chloe on
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    Callianne74Callianne74 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm still getting to grips with sims 4 CAS but I like it better than Sims 3. Build mode is awesome in Sims 4 and while I do miss the colour wheel etc I don't miss the lag it caused while waiting for all the options to load up. I find it so much easier now to build roofs and attics and I love that you can extend a room by just pulling on a handle. I agree that it's a bit of a nuisance if you have a foundation that any outbuildings will get a foundation too, but maybe in time that will change. If not, then I'm not going to stress over it.
  • Options
    EmmpEmmp Posts: 458 Member
    I think CAS is way better in 4 then 3. I do miss CASt though, and the sliders for make up and eyelashes. But all in all, CAS in ts4 is better than CAS in ts3, with or without CASt.

Build mode is harder. There is so much I love in build mode in ts4. First, its so easy! I love that you can pick up an entire room, or the entire house, and put it somewhere else. In ts3 you had to start all over. I love that I can make objects bigger and I love that you can use MOO 0-9 to lift tings up. And I love the gallery.

But build mode in ts4 is also very limited. I miss CASt so so much, I hate that nothing matches, not even counters and cabinets that's supposed to go together. I tried to make an english pub, with wood panels, fences, counters etc, and all brown wood colors where different. I don't want 20 shades of brown in my pub. I'm so annoyed that I can't put wall trims (those you usually have in corners, I don't know what they are called in english) wherever I want, I wish it had an automatic/manual option like the counters/cabinets. Same goes with roof trims, why does the rooms decide where the roof trims go? :weary: And why is the wall color on the roof pieces automatic, maybe I want different wallpapers on the roofpieces? I also want to be able to have different foundations, but I guess that will come when we get vehicles and garages, you can't have a garage on a foundation. I just don't like that everything in build mode is automatic. But, the things in build mode that are great are GREAT, so I guess it a tie... maybe. I can't decide on that one.
    You can find me at the gallery, my ID is Jan_telefon!
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm gonna have to go with sims 3. I have enough space to build anywhere I please, I can also make unique lots with the terrain tools. I can decorate my house and sims clothing thanks to cast with any color I choose. The drag and pull is okay but sometimes I find certain areas on the face go in the red zone that I can't pull, which is why I wish sliders were kept as an option to use if I want to make slight adjustment to my sims face.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Wow! well here's a summary of things that you guys liked and didn't like, TS4 vs TS3 build mode and CAS:
    *People missed the sliders in TS3.
    *Wished there was a terrain tool in build mode (@AlbaWaterhouse)
    *More distinct houses in TS3 etc. (@Ayumap)
    *Specifics in CAS
    * * (most important I think) Both of them are equally awesome!!!!!

Well I think you guys should keep the reasons coming and thanks so much! It's turning out to be a pretty intriguing debate here! have fun! I might cast more specifics on my vote soon as well! this is getting really cool!

• Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    TS4 Cas <3

TS3 Build <3 I really miss terraforming, especially when I want to create sunken garages or cool hillside residences on the beach. Plus I miss the boardwalks that extend out to sea.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2016
    Sims 4 is more user friendly. Sims 3 is more powerful. I prefer build mode for both. Sims 4, I have real problems making sims that don't all end up looking alike, whereas in Sims 3, I have real problems making sims that were good looking as sliders are not as forgiving.

Sims 4 build mode suffers a great deal by not having CASt or terrain tools, both of which are not coming back and I understand why for both. Sims 3 build mode suffers by having to rely on weird console commands in order to do various things, but once you knew those tools existed, allows you to do some exceedingly cool things with houses and lots.

I miss making ponds when I play sims 4, and stocking them with various fish.
  • Options
    DemiDemi Posts: 49 Member
    I love CAS and build mode in TS4 way better!
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited January 2016
    I like the CAS mode (as far as the sims themselves- not clothing) in 4 better as an overall thing. I think the sims look better, in the end, and again overall than 3 BUT and it's a huge BUT the build/buy mode with it's color/pattern swapping mechanic in 3 is hands down better than 4 and it always will be as things stand. Never mistake "easier" for better when it comes to building and that's what people seem to like the best in the 4 building system- it's easier, from a certain point of view. 3 allowed the player a near infinite array of choices that 4 does not come near replicating. The most saddening things I have read regarding the loss of this are players thanking Maxis for taking away that ability because they just couldn't decide on what to use from all the choices making it harder for them to build. That said, I do like the strong color saturation of four and the lights/shadowing seems hands above better than three. It's not enough to make up for the loss but I do like it. I'll not even touch on world/terrain editing because it doesn't exist in 4.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Sims 4 CAS and build mode, Sims 2 Life mode
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »

edit: sorry I didn't really answer your question I love both of the games , each for their strengths.

You don´t need to build a wall first, there is a button to drag the railing like a wall