Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doctor (career) Frustrations

- Once I got to around Technician level (and levels after), there was an orderly that spawned when I went to work. This orderly tries to chat me up all the time, disrupting my work, and doesn't actually do anything beyond making beds after a patient is cured.
- I got to GP and went into work as normal. After many frustrating moments of trying to track down illnesses on a couple different patients, I get distracted by a notification that a patient has left because it took too long to get to him (never seen that before GP rank). Then I get a house call that I don't answer because it's never been explained or been part of my work objectives and I don't even know whether it does me any good for job performance, but apparently ignoring it as GP hurts work performance where it didn't before - again, no warning for this at all. Patients continue to come in at a ridiculous pace and leave because I'm not getting to them, and I can see my performance bar going down because of it.
- I have never seen an orderly admit a patient to a bed ONCE (no wonder patients are leaving..). And it is very common for the game to choose an occupied bed when admitting a patient, even if several others are free.
- It is also impossible to keep up with the stream of patients as one doctor, at all the levels I've seen so far.

I've now tried all of the GTW careers, excluding a few final levels of Doctor, and from where I'm standing, Detective and Scientist are fun and well-designed, but Doctor feels rushed and unpolished.

Nothing about the Hospital feels like a bustling, functional hospital and the general activities/objectives (particularly when it comes to diagnosis) expects too much of the player, compared to the other active careers. It is incredibly easy to get stuck with an unclear diagnosis and have to look up a symptoms list on the internet to try to figure out what it might be. Compare that to Detective, where some RL observational skill is required for arresting suspects, but most of the time, it's appallingly obvious visuals that you're looking for. The Doctor career doesn't give you a list of symptoms to look for, a reference sheet to compare, or any sort of quick and tangible way to observe and discern between illnesses - you are reduced to hoping you can catch a glimpse of animations at the right time. Or using the russian roulette wheel of diagnosis.

What's crazy is I seem to have had an easier time reaching Guaranteed Diagnosis at *early* levels than at later ones, which is the opposite of making sense. Maybe it was just a weird streak of luck, but it doesn't exactly add to my satisfaction with this career.
Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

Comments

• Options
    KayoFerreiraCPKayoFerreiraCP Posts: 17 New Member
    1, Well, the truth is: the only real worker on the hospital is our sim. I mean, on the Cientist/Police career, the others sims on the building actually do something. But not on the hospital. On my game, there are actually like 2 or 3 more workers on the hospital and they never do anything. The line of pacients just get longer and longer and we cant take care of all them!

2. About the phone call... When your sim gets late for the job or something like that, the boss actually call him. I haven't heard about this on any divulgation of this EP pack, so I think most of all passed by terrible experiences to find out about this.

I dont know if we can make the hospital better adding some more sims to work on there (is this possible?), but it would be really great if we could. I mean, the Hospital its the most important place of the three new careers! People get sick everytime!
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    I agree, Everytime i send my sim samantha to work and go with her, I noticed that the line gets longer and no one does anything but SAMANTHA. And it bothers me because I cant do everyone at once and its just stupid cause only samantha does work... And they have the nerve to say this when I leave work "Samantha did A terrible job today!" No wonder shes uncomfortable everytime she goes to work. She has to do work all by herself.. shes hungry sometimes and sometimes she just needs a break but no one actually does anything to help patients and the one live sim that a person is playing is the only person really doing work.
  • Options
    choran929choran929 Posts: 214 Member
    When I have my Sim go to work, I have her try to see and treat two patients. I also have her try to admit as many patients as she can. If some patients leave, tough noogies! I always answer the house calls, assist collapsed sims, deliver babies, etc. My sim never has time to eat or use the bathroom, so I use cheats to fix it. Getting a diagnosis for Adults are sometimes easy since after I examine them, I X-ray them, and have them use the treadmill. After that, there sometimes is the Guaranteed Diagnosis. However, sometimes you don't get one and you have to guess and you get penalized if you make the wrong guess (this sometimes happens with children as well). I believe that the Doctor career is the hardest career they have since no one helps!
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    The Doctor career is my favourite, however, I wish that once your Sim reached a certain level it would allow him/her to assign tasks to co-workers. Even if the task list was limited like cleaning or admitting patients to beds.
  • Options
    qcfruscianteqcfrusciante Posts: 66 Member
    I wonder why there are so many npcs working at the police station and just 3 (mostly) useless npcs at the hospital, sometimes at least one of them cleans the mess. It sucks because there's the workers area/gym/cafeteria but no one really uses, there's no sense of a hospital team. I wish they had made the assistant "ask" the incoming patients to sit and wait and they would watch tv, buy drinks, use the bathroom, etc There are actually plenty of seats and nobody uses them, sims are sick but do not sit. :| I could use a npc help to admit patients as long as there are available beds. It really is frustrating specially because EA gave that game Theme hospital and you keep wishing that GTW gameplay was more like it.
    As if it wasn't already bad that our sims can't visit the hospital to get treatment(when we're playing w/them), when we get to visit a patient at their homes it doesn't matter if you have played sims living at that house, they fill the place w/the same random npcs that were already in a hospital bed before you left to visit patients. It super annoying, we get to see our sims owners of the house and the random homeless npc wandering the lot waiting to be treated. O.o' Idk what's worse, this or that crime scene in the detective career always happens in the same house.
  • Options
    FourteenFourteen Posts: 257 Member
    I'm glad that I'm not only one who dealt with that crappy hospital. I did overhaul my police station and it improved so much, so I enjoyed my new building for polices. Now, I tried to do the same thing with the hospital, but it gave me no tutorials. I'm so confused how to do with the hospital, so I tried to figure out what to do next.

I wonder, is there any video on YouTube could help us out for explanations and such?
    Playing TS3 since June 2009.
    TS4 since February 2015.

My Wishlist
    * 5 Top Items
    * 14's Thank You Thread
    NOTE: I have trouble with receiving gifts from people. Please visit a single item instead of my wishlist. Thank you!
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2016
    OK, I am here to help, first the medical career is not a hospital, its one of those clinics that the one that are sick with low income go. The point of the hospital career is a quick diagnoses of the sims symptoms, and move on to next patient. If Sims leave before you get to them who cares there is no place but good that comes from it. The house calls do not hurt your performance, but the outbreaks do. I have my sim use the teleport ability from the wellness skill. Sims freak out over your sim appearing out of thin air get up and show their symptoms, most of the time its easy to figure out. Treat kids first as their are less illnesses that affect them. For kids stares around eyes is always starry eyes as doing surgery on kids would increase game rating to M. Second sweaty shivers, the animation of it is kids look like they are playing with their legs sitting down, thirdly if they cough or sneeze its most likely llama flu. Bloady head you sometimes see sims with red circles coming from their head, with sometimes steam coming out of their ears. If you want the animation get the sim to get off the bed. Adults are harder to treat because they have more illnesses. So if you can't find a illness for one adult just move on to the next. Doctor needs to be in logical emotion for the X-ray and treadmill to give positive results more often, also your logical skill is important as it will help you improve how fast you find a cure. If you misdiagnose a patient don't feel bad because it happens to the best of them continue on to the next patient. X-rays and treadmills will make the harder patients show symptoms so watch so you know what to look for when another sim comes in. I have found out that children usually have the same illness when they come in because they get it from school. Also make sure If your behind on the bar for the day go to the house calls and outbreaks and do the collapse sim it will give you a boost. As long as the progress par is mostly green it will say good job.

Edit: When you get to level 9 or 10 you can praise and scold co workers when they are not doing their jobs.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    ghoulyghouly Posts: 109 Member
    edited January 2016
    yes omg i just wish that the other workers will actually do smth! like the nurse only chats w/ the patients :,( ive tried the detective career but it got boring after a while now im thinking about quitting the doctor career & becoming a scientist
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Fourteen :) This is a video of a simmer renovating the hospital building, which I will post in case it may help you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_aGWYt3tQY0

Yeah, that hospital looks cool, but I am wondering if it can be completely replaced. Also I know a lot of rooms are just for looks and stuff, but come on when do patients ever share the same room in a hospital or clinic. Also I think its stupid that you have to walk half way around the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hospital to use the bathroom for x-ray and exercise. I know one thing EA forgot to do is give enough rooms for overflow patients, so I got a idea that would help cut down the walking time, just not sure if it would work.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    FourteenFourteen Posts: 257 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    OK, I am here to help, first the medical career is not a hospital, its one of those clinics that the one that are sick with low income go. The point of the hospital career is a quick diagnoses of the sims symptoms, and move on to next patient. If Sims leave before you get to them who cares there is no place but good that comes from it. The house calls do not hurt your performance, but the outbreaks do. I have my sim use the teleport ability from the wellness skill. Sims freak out over your sim appearing out of thin air get up and show their symptoms, most of the time its easy to figure out. Treat kids first as their are less illnesses that affect them. For kids stares around eyes is always starry eyes as doing surgery on kids would increase game rating to M. Second sweaty shivers, the animation of it is kids look like they are playing with their legs sitting down, thirdly if they cough or sneeze its most likely llama flu. Bloady head you sometimes see sims with red circles coming from their head, with sometimes steam coming out of their ears. If you want the animation get the sim to get off the bed. Adults are harder to treat because they have more illnesses. So if you can't find a illness for one adult just move on to the next. Doctor needs to be in logical emotion for the X-ray and treadmill to give positive results more often, also your logical skill is important as it will help you improve how fast you find a cure. If you misdiagnose a patient don't feel bad because it happens to the best of them continue on to the next patient. X-rays and treadmills will make the harder patients show symptoms so watch so you know what to look for when another sim comes in. I have found out that children usually have the same illness when they come in because they get it from school. Also make sure If your behind on the bar for the day go to the house calls and outbreaks and do the collapse sim it will give you a boost. As long as the progress par is mostly green it will say good job.

Edit: When you get to level 9 or 10 you can praise and scold co workers when they are not doing their jobs.

Thank you so much for all of your explanation! :smiley: I thought there was a tutorial but it didn't show any explanation for what my doctor sim should do next. I didn't know what to do with those untreated patients (after my sim resolved the other patients) until I had to search a tutorial via The Sims fansites. Now, I think I got it for understing how the clinic works, so I'll play around for a bit while before I can overhaul the clinic.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Fourteen :) This is a video of a simmer renovating the hospital building, which I will post in case it may help you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_aGWYt3tQY0

That's fantastic video! :smiley: I definitely will figure what to design. Thank you, dear.
    Playing TS3 since June 2009.
    TS4 since February 2015.

My Wishlist
    * 5 Top Items
    * 14's Thank You Thread
    NOTE: I have trouble with receiving gifts from people. Please visit a single item instead of my wishlist. Thank you!
  • Options
    crazykid69crazykid69 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have noticed this a lot. When my sim goes to work for her shift there will be 2 patients and once both are treated no other patients show up. Another time most exam beds will be full and I treat those patients and no other ones are waiting in line or come into the hospital. I have been trying to find a answer for this but have not come up with anything that is pertaining to my issue. Does anyone else experience this ? any ideas on how to fix this ?
  • Options
    crazykid69crazykid69 Posts: 2 New Member
    My sim is a level 9
  • Options
    AuntNikkicoleAuntNikkicole Posts: 5 New Member
    My Doctor sim is on level 3. Every single day he gets to work there are patients in the exam room but when I click on them everything I am supposed to do is greyed out because they were already seen by another doctor. So then I have to WAIT until new patients show up which is a total waste of time. And time is of an essence with get to work. Another Annoying thing is when I am helping a patient, if I go to analyze samples, by the time I get back to the patient there's another doctor talking to them which means I am unable to work on that patient until the other sim 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of way. This game is so buggy and it looks has been for years. I just recently installed TS4. My Sims wife is also a doctor and on level 10. I didn't have this problem with her. :#
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top