Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... This Is Happening Today

When I stopped playing The Sims 3 a long time ago I quit because it was a laggy, buggy mess. But now that I've built a new gaming rig, I'm curious to see how the game will run on her. So, I'm spending parts of today installing these on Rose.

Img_0477.jpg

This is not an admission either version of the game is better. In fact, there are elements of both games that I love. The ideal scenario is for me to play both games and love them for being unique but somewhat similar. As much as I love living on the island married to Summer Holiday and exploring the clubs, part of me still misses living in a remodeled penthouse in Bridgeport married to Romeo Rake. I also miss the motorcycle from Fast Lane Stuff. Can you blame me for wanting the best of both worlds?

Installing the game and redesigning a penthouse is probably going to take up most of my day, but I hope The Sims 3 still isn't a laggy, buggy mess when I start playing it again. And even if it works out better this time around, I will say up front I prefer the graphics and improved routing of The Sims 4 over The Sims 3 hands down.

Hopefully this doesn't devolve into a bitter debate about which game is better, but I hope there's others out there who are playing both games and enjoying them. :)
"That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee

Comments

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I play & enjoy both, Ravager. I hope that your new computer runs the Sims 3 well. A different computer might make a world of difference in how your games plays! I hope you have fun with both games!! :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I started up sims 3 a few nights ago to play my sim who is exploring the tombs. I played several hours, but alas, I had a crash and lost all the advancement I made with her. I haven't tried again.

There are reasons to play both though and I am glad they are different.
  • Options
    Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't know, I built a really good computer in 2013 and I still couldn't play without it acting wierd/lagging!
    I remember I had almost all EP and Paradise Island was just unplayable for me! but then again never really tried to dig into the problem much.
    Let us know how it goes! :D
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited December 2015
    I enjoy playing Sims 2, 3, 4 at the same time because they all offer something different. So, I hope you will enjoy playing the Sims 3 again.
    Even with your stronger pc I'd still recommend Nraas http://nraas.wikispaces.com for things like ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and whatever else you might want.

Edit: I just want to add... I use mods for Sims 4 and 3 for different reasons, and just cc for sims 2 for now, but while Sims 4 will be getting updates monthly, sims 3 will not, and though one might not want to use mods, there are some great mods out for sims 3 to fix bugs that Maxis left behind, to help the game run better and with fewer issues, and to add new game play elements to keep things fresh. I'd recommend trying them (mods) out to fix any issue you have, because you can do that and Maxis will not as the games (1,2,3) are "finished".
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Curious, why is this in TS4 section?
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Good luck ! I hope your new computer will run ts3 smoothly . I do prefer ts3 gameplay but it is a mess as you said on normal computers. I think you need a quantum computer to run ts3 :)
  • Options
    sarah012378sarah012378 Posts: 73 Member
    Awesome! I still enjoy TS3 a lot. My computer runs it really well. I'm sure your new system will do just fine. Enjoy! :)
  • Options
    simtorioussimtorious Posts: 66 Member
    I hope your new computer runs the game smoothly! Maybe it'll run greater than ever before hehehe
    I've had Sims 3 on 3 computers before. Newer desktops run them better than older versions or laptops (but that sucks because I can barely afford newer gaming PCs..) . I have yet to try it out on an all in one PC!...

I hope you Enjoy your new system :)
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Curious, why is this in TS4 section?

Because this is where I post, and quite frankly we already have a lot of TS3 related posts here so it shouldn't be an issue.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    turmalina007turmalina007 Posts: 118 Member
    When sims 3 first came out I bought new computer,it was supossed to run smoothly but it refused to run them. Then my brother managed to set something but it was never running good. Too bad cause I loved the game,but it was slowly becoming impossible to play. My computer is still working now and I play sims 4 on it smoothly. Got sims 3 installed too,but I never play cause i know it will just freeze
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Where is your Katy Perry Sweet Treats :o
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    elelunicy wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I'm far outside the target audience for that EP. :p
  • Options
    All of those CDs are installed. Now it's time to download all of the stuff I bought from the TS3 store. I think I bought enough things from there to pay a guru's salary for a week, so this might take awhile. :p
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    All of those CDs are installed. Now it's time to download all of the stuff I bought from the TS3 store. I think I bought enough things from there to pay a guru's salary for a week, so this might take awhile. :p

LOL. That's why I keep TS3 on my computer! I own a lot from the store.
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    I spent a ton of money. I earned the right to use it! :D
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Curious, why is this in TS3 section? We don't want you here either.

Nah, just kidding. Hope you enjoy both games. That's what they are for. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    @Ravager619, oh it still can be a laggy bug-fest but, and this should be a bit BUT, if you install the right mods and get some of the fixed worlds as well as make sure to limit the FPS your game can run at you can greatly improve its performance. I hadn't played in years but decided a few months back to update and install the expansion packs I had never done. Along the way I did much research that helped, then after it was installed and I started playing I ran into a lot of problem with Build/Buy modes and using the CASt tool. I knew I needed to somehow limit the FPS and not until I had finally got that accomplished did I realize that alone was causing all my problems with Build/Buy and CASt. So in the end the game can run well, it just takes a huge lot of work from the community in the mods they created and the willingness of the player to do some work to get it that way.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited December 2015
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I'm far outside the target audience for that EP. :p

I'm almost 50 (can't post ages here) but I have and love Katy Perry Sweet Treats, some of it is pretty bizarre but some is pretty nifty! :smiley:
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Enjoy! And post some pics when you get a chance. :smile:
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    It never occurred to me to get Katy Perry or Diesel. I just assumed they were targeted for a younger audience. Maybe I will get them just to complete my collection.

I posted in another thread that I would be getting ITF in a few days, but it is Supernatural. Still need to get ITF if I can find a good deal on a brand new, never opened disk.
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I use Nraas mods to help keep the game from lagging and I also downloaded world fixes from MTS. Have been playing Monte Vista without any problems with those fixes.
  • Options
    Whew! I just finished downloading all of my purchased items, and most of the items I uploaded to the Exchange. I'll run the game in a bit, and for giggles I want to see how Bridgeport runs without mods of any type.

IIRC, I used Overwatch, Error Trap and Relativity mods. The only CC items I used were a 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and an Audi TT convertible roadster. I may have to get those later tonight. For now, the Veranda Villas lot could sure use a renovation. :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    It never occurred to me to get Katy Perry or Diesel. I just assumed they were targeted for a younger audience. Maybe I will get them just to complete my collection.

I posted in another thread that I would be getting ITF in a few days, but it is Supernatural. Still need to get ITF if I can find a good deal on a brand new, never opened disk.

There are some beautifully designed objects in Katy Perry Stuff Pack and they are all recolourable.

I made a roller coaster build that I put onto the Exchange. My challenge while building it was to use as much from KPSP as I could and I coloured the roller coaster tracks pink and lolly green just for the fun of it.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    A new gaming rig made all of the difference in the world when it came to playing TS3 for me. Well, that and some NRAAS mods. :smile: As much as I love this game, I used to get so frustrated with it before, but I'm enjoying a very smooth gaming experience now.

I thought I was going to hate KPST when it came out, but I bought it and I actually like it. Even though there are some items that I NEVER touch, there are quite a few that I use often. All it takes is a bit of creative recoloring. I also like making and decorating community lots, and the stuff works great for bakeries, festival lots, amusement parks, and so on.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your game.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Karritz wrote: »

There are some beautifully designed objects in Katy Perry Stuff Pack and they are all recolourable.

I made a roller coaster build that I put onto the Exchange. My challenge while building it was to use as much from KPSP as I could and I coloured the roller coaster tracks pink and lolly green just for the fun of it.

That sounds really cute! I haven't used SP for the Roller Coaster yet; I've been worried that I won't be able to figure out how to assemble it! :)