Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited May 2019
    What an awesome chapter! <3 They fell into this friendship super easy, hand holding and all! :) I am a bit worried though. 😟
    Just what if?!? It could ruin everything! :scream:

Edit to say:
    I wish I could get my hands on their toothbrushes or a strand of hair. I would do some testing! The suspense is killing me!
    :s
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Aww, Emberlynn and Xander are so cute together...
    I can't say I'm too surprised that Xander turned out to be the "wedding boy"; after all, "Xander" isn't that common of a name either. I'm going to venture a guess that his mom being a cat lady is a bit of foreshadowing. (Also, random aside-Gucci is adorable.) After all, there was another cat lady in Emberlynn's father's past who just so happened to live in the same town as Xander...this is about to get very awkward. (And let's hope Lola was being honest with Phoenix back at the end of the last gen because if she wasn't...awkward won't even begin to cover it.)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @YJB19299
    Welllllll we still haven’t had any 100% confirmation on who his mom is, so... could be any cat-loving woman from Brindleton Bay who was at Phee’s friends’ wedding :tongue:

And as for his genetics, I think you’ll be able to see where Xander gets his looks from when we meet his dad later on (in fact, both his parents are due to fly out and visit eventually... :naughty: Not that that would stir up any drama or anything... Hehehe)

@haswh I’m glad you enjoyed this one! It was so fun to write. They really click so well! :heart:

Also...
    Oh man, I’ve got everyone paranoid now! :joy: We will be meeting both of Xander’s parents a little later in the gen!

@purplestarz2006 I’m glad you thought they were sweet :heart: This one was really fun to write!
    It definitely sounds like we can probably guess who his mom is, but... still no official confirmation! :tongue: We’ll get to actually see her later on in the story though, so I’m sure that will answer some questions! Hopefully... :tongue:

Thanks for reading, guys!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Oh dear, now that you remind me of his mother, and he kinda looks like a certain man in this Legacy Challenge...I have a bad feeling where this is heading :sweat_smile:

They will have a baby named Joffrey who will be super slap-able, especially when coordinated to 10 minute long Led Zepplin songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNeT2nzEgA
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Oh dear, now that you remind me of his mother, and he kinda looks like a certain man in this Legacy Challenge...I have a bad feeling where this is heading :sweat_smile:

They will have a baby named Joffrey who will be super slap-able, especially when coordinated to 10 minute long Led Zepplin songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNeT2nzEgA

OMG. I have only seen a handful of GoT episodes and this happened to be one....it has me rolling! :joy::joy::joy:
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 Stop spoiling gen 9 :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 Stop spoiling gen 9 :bawling:

It's only spoiling if this happens. ;)
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 Man, I really wish the forums had a thinking or shrugging emoji I could use for this reply :tongue: Use your imagination hehehehe

Also, chapter tomorrow, guys! Yay! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Happy Friday! Posting my chapter extra-early today :) Let’s see how Xander and Emberlynn spend his last night in Windenburg...

8.37: La Vie en Rose
    SME0Ipe.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Ohhh.....Emberlynn. You are going to ruin it all! :'(
  • Options
    Why Emberlynn?? :'( What is she so afraid of? Maybe deep down she already knows! :o Now that the visit is over how will they move on, or will they move on at all. :/
    I think maybe she has just conditioned herself to never be able to have a serious relationship. I can understand why on that part but someday maybe she will change her mind.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    @AudreyFld She maybe already has :bawling: But maybe if she can open up and be honest, there’s hope? :grimace:

@haswh She is totally afraid, you’re right! The next chapter will give us a little more about those fears (most of which we’ve kinda seen before, but she will kinda let it all out in her next journal!) But the gist is... she’s conditioned herself to believe that relationships always end in pain and sadness. She sees all the happy and healthy relationships out there as the exception, not the rule, and she is terrified of being miserable and broken-hearted, so she guards herself from opening up her heart :/ Maybe something can happen to help her let go of these fears, but for now... :grimace:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Shared this on Discord, but I figured I’d share it here too!

After today’s chapter, this is Ember’s theme song:
    https://youtu.be/gZPoQJhG3iI
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I will say this about Emberlynn, she is her father's daughter when it comes to messing up relationships.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @VanPelt81 Keeping the family tradition alive :joy: it’s a proud Rosebrook tradition now! :tongue:

Also... hi guys! I miss you all! :( I finally had time to start the next chapter yesterday, and I should have some time here and there over the next few days to work on it, so I’m hoping by Monday we will finally have our next one. Fingers crossed!

Thank you to everyone for your patience :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    And by “by Monday”, I definitely meant “Probably Wednesday or Thursday”... Ugh. Sorry guys! But I promise it’s on the way :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Chapter scheduled for tomorrow morning! :heart:

Gucci is almost as excited about there being a chapter as he is about this pile of trash :tongue:

HaHZsbs.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Gucci looks like he's about to have to fight off some moths for the superpower creating entity in that trash.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Omg @VanPelt81 :joy: Super Gucci! :scream: Wonder what kind of powers the pile of garbage would grant him, hmm...
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Sorry it’s been forever... But today we are back with Emberlynn sharing some of her thoughts after Xander’s return to Paris...

8.38: Asking for Trouble
    b2LLiRy.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Oh Emberlynn, you need to realize that you can have a relationship and that not all of them end badly.

Xander might have gotten on a plane to head back to Paris, but me? I ended up stuck on another one-way flight to Sucksville… And this time I’m the one who booked my own ticket. This statement is so true Ember! You did this to yourself, so sad. :'(

3 weeks! The wedding is going to be here before you know it! Yay! <3
  • Options
    Wedding! Yay!!! <3

Totally agree with Ember’s self assessment of the reason for the less than fun hug! I loved the way she described it! Poor guys. :'(
  • Options
    @haswh it’s true — she has such a negative outlook. She needs to learn that sometimes the risk is worth it! But instead she has placed herself in a self-exile to Sucksville :(

And yes, it’s coming up so fast! I’m kind of freaking out :joy:

@AudreyFld Glad you enjoyed the hug description :joy:In my head-canon, there are residual branches of the family tree from Joce’s triplets and stuff who keep in vague contact, and Ember ends up having to give those kinds of weird hugs from time to time! :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    the *one-way flight* is basically the gender-reversed version of this: song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TStxA8RS_Jk&amp;ab_channel=TylerWardMusic
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    After this experience I hope that at some point Emberlynn blows up at her parents over why she doesn't trust relationships being a good thing (and thus proves that them being together solely for their kids sake screwed her up forever regarding love & relationships). It can be like the relationships version of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXb7do9C-w
    Omg @VanPelt81 :joy: Super Gucci! :scream: Wonder what kind of powers the pile of garbage would grant him, hmm...

I'm guessing since trash lead to superpowers, Gucci would be like the Toxic Avenger

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top