The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack after Get Together

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I would love Seasons/Weather or a new life stage. Something with a town theme would be good too : apartments, restaurants, bowling alley, cinema.
  • Options
    Bo_DummyBo_Dummy Posts: 2,243 Member
    I think it'll be Generations before Seasons. Just as long as we don't have a Katy Perry-like SP in between.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Bo_Dummy wrote: »
    I think it'll be Generations before Seasons. Just as long as we don't have a Katy Perry-like SP in between.
    We may or may not get Generation before Seasons, if they even do decide to release those again. But I'm with you in the hopes that we do not see another Katy Perry SP.

• Options
    Tibbits2uTibbits2u Posts: 90 Member
    as much as I would love to see a seasons expansion pack next, I really feel that we need a generations type of expansion first. Something that adds more family play. there is plenty for young adults and adults to do already. But what about the elders, teens, and children? also working apartments like they had in the Sims 2 would be awesome as well.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    We could get Late Night, it's usually one of the early EPs.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    edited February 2016
    More professions, like chef's and waiters/waitress's, TEACHERS!!

I also agree, we should be able to go into restuarants like TS2
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    Get. To. College.

See.. Sims just don't go to university's. They can go to public too.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm 80% sure it will be Generations now.

It can't be Pets because it's just way too early, we never got Pets that early.
    It can't be Seasons because of the same reason as above.
    Late Night is unlikely since we just got a EP that is basically LN without Bridgeport.
    Metropolis is unlikely, that EP would require a big new world, and we just got one, i don't think they will do another big world that soon.

Generations is my best bet, but it's impossible to be 100% sure, it's also possible it will be University, but they could easily "fuse" Generations and University into one EP.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Late Night is unlikely since we just got a EP that is basically LN without Bridgeport.
    Metropolis is unlikely, that EP would require a big new world, and we just got one, i don't think they will do another big world that soon.

Generations is my best bet, but it's impossible to be 100% sure, it's also possible it will be University, but they could easily "fuse" Generations and University into one EP.

For the price of EPs - every single one better include a whole world with a TON of features.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »

For the price of EPs - every single one better include a whole world with a TON of features.
    Just because the Expansion Packs are the most expensive of all the Packs doesn't mean that they all have to come with a new world. But I will agree that they all need to come with a lot more stuff than the Stuff and Game Packs do at that price!

• Options
    IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    > @XopaxPax said:
    > Generations is my best bet, but it's impossible to be 100% sure, it's also possible it will be University, but they could easily "fuse" Generations and University into one EP.

This line coupled with your profile picture gave me a laugh.
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    what is new in get together?
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I'm hoping for either University or Seasons.

I admit I liked World Adventures, but I'm not ready for it yet.
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm hoping for either University or Seasons.

I admit I liked World Adventures, but I'm not ready for it yet.

Seasons or pets would be terrific!
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Looking back at the size of my TS3 expansion packs, I noticed that the Seasons EP was one of the smallest in terms of size... I wonder if it is that difficult to include weather and seasons in-game. Content wise, it doesn't seem like it's too much, but in terms of programming... well, thats something else.

I really wished they would do a Pets together with a farm expansion. People would throw cash at the screen if they did.

Also, Apartments, pleeease. I would love to fill Newcrest with cool, tall apartments.
  • Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    I've thought for a while it'll probably be Get Married or Get a Family or some variation although I fully expect them to drop the "get" 🐸🐸🐸🐸 due to what seems to be fan dislike.

"Get plum" would be a great title for the next EP.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • Options
    antibody22antibody22 Posts: 4 New Member
    MOVIE STAR OR SIM HOLLYWOOD... Sim can be an actor or director... would be an expansion for GET TO WORK... with a movie simulator (like The Movies)... Sim success would be based on if a movie flops or soars... fellow sim cognition as they get famous...
  • Options
    KimvbeeKimvbee Posts: 68 Member
    > @Hermai said:

> I really wished they would do a Pets together with a farm expansion. People would throw cash at the screen if they did.

This is so true it cracked me up. When I think about it though, pets are cute but they always made the game more of a pain in the plum.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited February 2016
    I personally hope for a city living expansion with a handful of new venues like proper restaurants where you're sat down and served (Different classes of restaurants as well please like a cheap diner, middle class family style and upper class cuisine), plus some fun ones like bowling alleys and movie theatres. (Actual functioning venues where we can watch the Sims play or direct them to buy popcorn and such.) Maybe karaoke bars as well? And of course amazing apartments along with a beautiful new downtown world we can enjoy. :)

They could bring back vampires too, just don't make them lame and sparkly!

Edit: Forgot to add laundromats!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    heidi11576 wrote: »
    what is new in get together?

The main thing about GT is groups. Sims are able to form groups and can create their own clubs so sims are more than likely to do the activities that are accepted in that club. This basically helps sims strength relationships wether its family or friends and they can do things together as opposed to going somewhere and sims doing their own thing. (If you don't want them to)

There are two new skills. The Dancing and DJ skill. Kind of self explanatory. Dancing skill does have a group dance option as well. And there are dance battles!

There is one new trait if I'm remembering right which is the Dance Machine trait.

A brand new world which I have to say is just beyond beautiful. Windenburg is a large new world (town?) that from what we were told is a cluster of Modern and Old Town European themes which was done beautifully in my opinion. (Kind of reminds me of Veronaville from TS2) In this town there are new lots include cafés, a haunted mansion which is a 64x64 lot, Ruins, Ocean Bluffs, Countryside, An Island, Old Town District and the Modern District and a huge array of pubs.

Both Pubs and Cafés come with new drink and food options. You can even order the new espresso machine drinks to go.

There are some new activities besides dancing or using the DJ booth. You can use darts again and play with the foosball table. Bonfires have returned and have a few new interactions. Pools can now be just normal pools or natural pools which again were beautifully done. Also another pool addition is the diving platform where sims can do things like cannonballs or swan dives.

In a nutshell, Get Together is an EP that focuses more on actually hanging out with other sims in large or small groups (clubs) and being able to enjoy some fun with friends.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    The EP I'm always desperate for in every generation in Seasons. I never played TS3 Seasons, but it seems to me it had pretty interesting features and festivals.

Also, Generations. And Pets because I love dogs too much.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Generations, with toddlers as a free patch because that's most logical.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PiplowPiplow Posts: 81 Member
    As a lot of people have said already, toddlers/preteens/real babies in Generations is needed.

Other than that, seasons and holidays would be good. I would love an expansion like Superstar in Sims 1 where there was a Hollywood style town and it was really difficult to become a celebrity (your whole household also didn't end up as a 5 star celeb without trying like in sims 3).
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I would love either a Generations pack or a School pack. Or something to expand on town life with something to help expand our towns. My Sims are stuck in a limited world where they never age! We need something for other age groups. And Magnolia Promenade NEED expanding beyond one puny district!
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    The EP I'm always desperate for in every generation in Seasons. I never played TS3 Seasons, but it seems to me it had pretty interesting features and festivals.

Also, Generations. And Pets because I love dogs too much.

The festivals were cool in concept, too bad my sim was usually alone in them. Like, really lonely lol
    I had to wait an hour to participate in a contest because there was never enough people showing up.

Hopefully in TS4 that would be less of a problem. Festivals would be a lot more fun.