Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shower Bug

Since I updated the new patch, when my Sims shower, the green bar goes really slow, it should go fast like when they're peeing, it goes fast and before I updated to the December patch, my Sims shower bar went quick but now, it takes forever for my Sim to finish his/her shower! I hope this is fixed because it's so annoying. :(

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hello.
    Try removing any mods/cc that you have in your game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    Try removing any mods/cc that you have in your game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Hi rosemow, I have no mods at all, so I'll try the other what you've said, thanks rosemow :smiley:

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Thanks rosemow, you're a genius, repairing the game worked and why are you not a SimGuru yet? :wink:
  • Options
    kmsmartkmsmart Posts: 4 New Member
    My sims won't shower at all it keeps canceling out no mods, they also freeze and stand still reinstalled twice
  • Options
    kmsmart wrote: »
    My sims won't shower at all it keeps canceling out no mods, they also freeze and stand still reinstalled twice

Hello @kmsmart.
    Try repairing the game and resetting the sims 4 folder like I posted in the above post and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    BethC217BethC217 Posts: 10 New Member
    I am having a similar issue since the newest patch - every time I get my sims to shower they hop in and straight back out. I can get them to have a shower after a few goes and with no action qued behind it. Usually I have to try and make them have a 'brisk', 'thoughtful' etc. shower in order for it to work...its quite annoying.

Needless to say, my sims are very smelly at the moment.

Have repaired the game in Origin so I will see how that goes...just have to finish writing a 2,000 literature review and then I can play :smiley:
  • Options
    BethC217 wrote: »
    I am having a similar issue since the newest patch - every time I get my sims to shower they hop in and straight back out. I can get them to have a shower after a few goes and with no action qued behind it. Usually I have to try and make them have a 'brisk', 'thoughtful' etc. shower in order for it to work...its quite annoying.

Needless to say, my sims are very smelly at the moment.

Have repaired the game in Origin so I will see how that goes...just have to finish writing a 2,000 literature review and then I can play :smiley:

I hope that the repairing of the game helps, or try resetting the sims 4 folder too.
    Enjoy simming after you finish writing the literature review! :)
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > BethC217 wrote: »
    >
    > I am having a similar issue since the newest patch - every time I get my sims to shower they hop in and straight back out. I can get them to have a shower after a few goes and with no action qued behind it. Usually I have to try and make them have a 'brisk', 'thoughtful' etc. shower in order for it to work...its quite annoying.
    >
    > Needless to say, my sims are very smelly at the moment.
    >
    > Have repaired the game in Origin so I will see how that goes...just have to finish writing a 2,000 literature review and then I can play :smiley:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope that the repairing of the game helps, or try resetting the sims 4 folder too.
    > Enjoy simming after you finish writing the literature review! :)

Thank you! All done and dusted!
    Repairing the game and resetting the Sims folder doesn't seem to have helped unfortunately. Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > BethC217 wrote: »
    >
    > I am having a similar issue since the newest patch - every time I get my sims to shower they hop in and straight back out. I can get them to have a shower after a few goes and with no action qued behind it. Usually I have to try and make them have a 'brisk', 'thoughtful' etc. shower in order for it to work...its quite annoying.
    >
    > Needless to say, my sims are very smelly at the moment.
    >
    > Have repaired the game in Origin so I will see how that goes...just have to finish writing a 2,000 literature review and then I can play :smiley:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope that the repairing of the game helps, or try resetting the sims 4 folder too.
    > Enjoy simming after you finish writing the literature review! :)

Thank you! All done and dusted!
    Repairing the game and resetting the Sims folder doesn't seem to have helped unfortunately. Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon!

I am sorry that you are continuing to have the issue. Perhaps try selling the shower and buying a new one of a different variety may help?
  • Options
    @rosemow
    Yeah I have tried that too, its happening with all showers and baths (I have 3 different ones on the property now and its happening with all of them). I have seen on other bug threads that a lot of people seem to be having the same problem.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @rosemow
    Yeah I have tried that too, its happening with all showers and baths (I have 3 different ones on the property now and its happening with all of them). I have seen on other bug threads that a lot of people seem to be having the same problem.

I am sorry that it is affecting your game. I hope that it is fixed for you very soon.
    Just one other thing to try, is try using the shower/tub combination item ( if you haven't already tried that ) just in case that helps. It probably won't help but try it just in case.
  • Options
    @rosemow
    Nope that hasn't made a difference either - I also changed it so my game loads in 32bit rather than 64bit to see if that would make any difference and it hasn't. Guess I am just going to have to live with it!

Also out of interest - when replying to comments how do you get the previous person's quote to appear in the grey box? When I clicked "quote last time (which I thought would be reply), it just seems to have come up with lots of arrows next to the previous comments rather than formatting them into the grey bubble?
  • Options
    @rosemow
    Nope that hasn't made a difference either - I also changed it so my game loads in 32bit rather than 64bit to see if that would make any difference and it hasn't. Guess I am just going to have to live with it!

Also out of interest - when replying to comments how do you get the previous person's quote to appear in the grey box? When I clicked "quote last time (which I thought would be reply), it just seems to have come up with lots of arrows next to the previous comments rather than formatting them into the grey bubble?

The quoting doesn't appear in a grey box because you are not a full member yet. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your profile picture.The grey quote box also then is used. This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • Options
    jess3315jess3315 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm experiencing a shower bug where my sim keeps getting out of the shower to "see whats happening" it is taking forever to get the to actually take a shower. I have no CC, and I just tried repairing my game, but this issue persists. This is since the latest patch.
  • Options
    @rosemow
    Nice, thank you for the information - and thank you for your help trying to fix this shower issue!
  • Options