Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UI super small

Epic_OriginEpic_Origin Posts: 20 Member
Yesterday the tabs that allowed me to swap between sims the UI was pretty decent size now the update came there super duper small and its annoying is there a way to fix this i mean everything was the same before the update and now its tiny

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hello
    Remove any cc/mods that you have and see if that helps. There has been changes in the UI that came with the patch, and mods could be causing issues.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > Remove any cc/mods that you have and see if that helps. There has been changes in the UI that came with the patch, and mods could be causing issues.

I never had any mods i dont like to use them so thats not the cause of this
  • Options
    Hello.
    Could you please post a picture of the screen?
    Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures or links, but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site, then post the image code links here, but break the image code links up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    We can then put the codes back together and post the pictures for you.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello.
    > Could you please post a picture of the screen?
    > Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures or links, but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site, then post the image code links here, but break the image code links up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    > We can then put the codes back together and post the pictures for you.

Well what would i post a picture to idk a site were i can
  • Options
    You can use a photo sharing site such as imgur http://imgur.com/
    Or tinypic http://tinypic.com/
    They are both free sites to upload pictures to.
    Take a screenshot of your UI, and it will be in your Documents -Electronic Arts - sims 4 folder- screenshot folder. Then you can upload it to the photo sharing site
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,633 Member
    Yesterday the tabs that allowed me to swap between sims the UI was pretty decent size now the update came there super duper small and its annoying is there a way to fix this i mean everything was the same before the update and now its tiny

Go to game options and change the screen resolution to 1366x768 instead of 1920x1080.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    > @DeKay said:
    > Epic_Origin wrote: »
    >
    > Yesterday the tabs that allowed me to swap between sims the UI was pretty decent size now the update came there super duper small and its annoying is there a way to fix this i mean everything was the same before the update and now its tiny
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Go to game options and change the screen resolution to 1366x768 instead of 1920x1080.

Theres a 1920x1080 ive only been able to have it at 1366x768 ill have to try and post a pic
  • Options
    Try doing what Dekay has suggested, and if the issue remains or your current resolution is already 1366x768, then post a picture.

The patch may have reset your game option settings.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    im thinking its a resolution issue as well if you post your specs i can see what your native and current is for your screen
    to post hit windows key + R enter dxdiag run report hit save all info and notepad doc will open copy/paste the whole long report here, thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2015
    > @DeKay said:
    >
    > Yesterday the tabs that allowed me to swap between sims the UI was pretty decent size now the update came there super duper small and its annoying is there a way to fix this i mean everything was the same before the update and now its tiny
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Go to game options and change the screen resolution to 1366x768 instead of 1920x1080.

Theres a 1920x1080 ive only been able to have it at 1366x768 ill have to try and post a pic

Go back to your previous resolution setting before the patch. If you pick 1366x768, it should make the UI bigger.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    > @DeKay said:
    >
    > > @DeKay said:
    > > Epic_Origin wrote: »
    > >
    > > Yesterday the tabs that allowed me to swap between sims the UI was pretty decent size now the update came there super duper small and its annoying is there a way to fix this i mean everything was the same before the update and now its tiny
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Go to game options and change the screen resolution to 1366x768 instead of 1920x1080.
    >
    > Theres a 1920x1080 ive only been able to have it at 1366x768 ill have to try and post a pic
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Go back to your previous resolution setting before the patch. If you pick 1366x768, it should make the UI bigger.

Its always been at the same setting same as it was yesterday it didnt reset anything and its at 1366x768 its the highest i can go on my computrr
  • Options
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > im thinking its a resolution issue as well if you post your specs i can see what your native and current is for your screen
    > to post hit windows key + R enter dxdiag run report hit save all info and notepad doc will open copy/paste the whole long report here, thanks!

Im actually on my phone at the moment
  • Options
    Just wonder so none of u are having issues with the ui
  • Options
    > @DeKay said:
    >
    > > @DeKay said:
    > > Epic_Origin wrote: »
    > >
    > > Yesterday the tabs that allowed me to swap between sims the UI was pretty decent size now the update came there super duper small and its annoying is there a way to fix this i mean everything was the same before the update and now its tiny
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Go to game options and change the screen resolution to 1366x768 instead of 1920x1080.
    >
    > Theres a 1920x1080 ive only been able to have it at 1366x768 ill have to try and post a pic
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Go back to your previous resolution setting before the patch. If you pick 1366x768, it should make the UI bigger.

Its always been at the same setting same as it was yesterday it didnt reset anything and its at 1366x768 its the highest i can go on my computrr

Maybe try this:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/810488/changing-ui-size-is-possible/p1
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Its just the ppl that small on my screen that increases everything
  • Options
    I thinks its just a bug they will fix i hope when the new expansion pack comes out i hope
  • Options
    But thx for trying to help
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2015
    ok if you arent near your computer but do review resolution info you can just run the report and review the display info you want the game res to be the same as current

my assumption is this is something you will need to manually adjust to fix
  • Options
    I think i figured it out i played another family and the ui is fine but theres 2 ppl my main one is 5 the update must have made it smaller for some reason
  • Options
    I think i figured it out i played another family and the ui is fine but theres 2 ppl my main one is 5 the update must have made it smaller for some reason

I am glad that you worked it out that it was the number of sims that was the difference.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I think i figured it out i played another family and the ui is fine but theres 2 ppl my main one is 5 the update must have made it smaller for some reason
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am glad that you worked it out that it was the number of sims that was the difference.

Yeah i knew numbers makes it smaller but still they decrease the size more which is stupid they should of left it the same
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    My UI was reset to 100. That's the normal setting for the game, I know, but I had it set at 75 for my eyesight. When I updated, it went back to 100. I had to reset it again to 75 so I could see it properly.