Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get CC without getting viruses?

I downloaded rooms from the community. They had CC in them and they wouldn't show up in the game. I only got about two rooms and I already have a virus on a computer I got about a week ago. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the virus or be able to download CC without getting viruses? I know a lot of people say to get Custard, but that also gave me a virus. My computer freaked out when I searched Custard up. PLEASE HELP!

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited October 2015
    What is Custard?

Rooms you download from the Gallery do not contain CC. Any CC that is pictured must be (hunted down and...) downloaded separately and placed in your MODs folder.

See instructions here

If you have a good, reliable, anti-virus program you should be able to clean up your existing problem and avoid future problems. Norton, McAfee, Kaspesky or Webroot are all good companies. Webroot is only $20.00 a year. Sometimes your internet provider will offer free coverage. I have Comcast cable and get free Norton security.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Hello.
    Custard can help with sims 3 downloads, but cc doesn't transfer through the gallery in sims 4.
    If you have an antivirus program on your computer, run it to get rid of the virus. If you don't have an anti virus program and wish to have a free one , search for free anti virus programs through google that have been reviewed by well known computer sites as being reputable and reliable.
    When downloading cc /mods, stick to sites that many other simmers download from.
    Mod the sims and mysims4blog are good cc/mod sites.
    http://mysims4blog.blogspot.com
    http://modthesims.info

• Options
    NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 82 Member
    It's not the Sims 4 content. It's the 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Stop downloading the 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I scan all CC that I use with https://www.virustotal.com/. If it has even a single hit, do not assume it as a false positive and just delete the CC file. I have scanned hundreds and hundreds of CC (over 800 I think) and of all of that, only two ever had virus hits on them. If you DO find something that has a virus, delete the CC file immediately and run a full virus scan depending on which is your personal favorite. If it comes up as clean, just continue along with your day.

But I am skeptical that you got a virus through downloading rooms from the gallery. As others have already stated CC shouldn't transfer through the gallery so if you do have a virus it is likely unrelated to that. Try and keep in mind that just because your computer or virus scanner suddenly reacts to the virus it doesn't mean that what you did at that exact moment triggered the reaction.

If you post more details about what is happening on your system, or error messages you are receiving I would be happy to help you clean your system.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast