Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Macbook Problems. Please Help!

Hi There!

I play The Sims 4 with most expansions. The ones I own are GTW, Luxury Party, Outdoor Living, Holiday Celebration and the Deluxe Extension. Since the first hour I've played the sims, the lag has been un-removable. It started with normal hiccups like random lag spikes, and loud fans. I changed my graphic settings and everything was fine. As my game expanded more and more, the lag started to comeback (NOTE: With the same low graphic settings). I was finally tired of everything looking so unclear, because why would I experience so much lag for not a better experience? I changed the settings to a reasonable medium setting. I changed habits of playing the sims in bed, rather than on a desk, in a cool room, and restricting myself on buying more packs. Even then, most lag was still there, but it was fine (bearable). It was quite embarrassing when everyone thought it was raining because my computer was so loud, but whatever. 95% of my sims playing is creating houses. I don't really play live mode, unless its Rags to Riches Challenges and stuff like that. Recently, the computer has been fine for 30-40 minutes, but it then just slows down. Im talking like 10 second delays or more in one mouse movement. I usually try to exit while I can, but I just end up force quitting via finder.

It would be nice to not make everyone think its raining with my computer noises, or having to boil my legs because my computer overheats too much , or I could finally have the pleasure of playing the sims (wait for it) ....without any lag! I'm Sorry if I seem sarcastic, its just been soon annoying. Im sure others are in my boat, I'm just very impatient. I am open to ideas to replacing graphic cards, updating my hard-drive or even buying a desktop.
Could I keep my Laptop? Can I update my computer? Should I buy another Computer? Or, should I switch to PC?

Here are my computer details (eg. memory cards, graphic cards, type of Macbook):

MacBook Pro - (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Processor -2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk - Macintosh HD
Graphics - Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Please share your experiences, or how you fixed it, or how I can fix it?

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @oliverisamazing and welcome for mac support move this thread to the mac section, http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions good luck

to move thread click on edit wheel located at the top right hand corner of the first post
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Hi There!

I play The Sims 4 with most expansions. The ones I own are GTW, Luxury Party, Outdoor Living, Holiday Celebration and the Deluxe Extension. Since the first hour I've played the sims, the lag has been un-removable. It started with normal hiccups like random lag spikes, and loud fans. I changed my graphic settings and everything was fine. As my game expanded more and more, the lag started to comeback (NOTE: With the same low graphic settings). I was finally tired of everything looking so unclear, because why would I experience so much lag for not a better experience? I changed the settings to a reasonable medium setting. I changed habits of playing the sims in bed, rather than on a desk, in a cool room, and restricting myself on buying more packs. Even then, most lag was still there, but it was fine (bearable). It was quite embarrassing when everyone thought it was raining because my computer was so loud, but whatever. 95% of my sims playing is creating houses. I don't really play live mode, unless its Rags to Riches Challenges and stuff like that. Recently, the computer has been fine for 30-40 minutes, but it then just slows down. Im talking like 10 second delays or more in one mouse movement. I usually try to exit while I can, but I just end up force quitting via finder.

It would be nice to not make everyone think its raining with my computer noises, or having to boil my legs because my computer overheats too much , or I could finally have the pleasure of playing the sims (wait for it) ....without any lag! I'm Sorry if I seem sarcastic, its just been soon annoying. Im sure others are in my boat, I'm just very impatient. I am open to ideas to replacing graphic cards, updating my hard-drive or even buying a desktop.
    Could I keep my Laptop? Can I update my computer? Should I buy another Computer? Or, should I switch to PC?

Here are my computer details (eg. memory cards, graphic cards, type of Macbook):

MacBook Pro - (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
    Processor -2 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Startup Disk - Macintosh HD
    Graphics - Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Please share your experiences, or how you fixed it, or how I can fix it?

What surface are you putting your Mac on when you play?

Your Mac has integrated graphics so you really shouldn't play on high settings, low to medium would be better. Have you enabled Laptop Mode in the game options?

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    oliverisamazingoliverisamazing Posts: 3 New Member
    Sorry everyone for abruptly leaving. I have figured out my problem and have fixed it. No more assistance needed anymore. Thanks for your offers of help though!