Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Word On Toddlers? I Haven't Played The Sims 4 fully yet...

I purchased The Sims 4 base game and the Outdoor Retreat.
I haven't purchased anything more, because I am a FAMILY gamer. I like generational aspects of play.
It's just so off to see a baby jump to a child. Silly.

I'm still playing THE SIMS 3 and enjoying it.
But I am wondering if they are considering adding toddlers yet to the sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Toddlers will come when the time is right, but that time isn't right yet.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    There was an interview that was pretty... Well... You can judge for yourself...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-it-is-kind-of-like-life-5390869/
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,675 Member
    I haven't purchased anything more, because I am a FAMILY gamer. I like generational aspects of play.

If you started playing The Sims 1, it wouldn't have felt that silly. XD Sometimes when I'm playing TS4, I feel like I'm playing TS1 but with better graphics. I ain't even complaining cuz it's nostalgic for me. Now if only the EPs will be as awesome as the TS1 EPs! :tongue:
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,675 Member
    Tellex wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is The Sims 1 with better graphics.

Now lets put into perspective that The Sims was released in 2000.

It is now 2015.

Time to kick it up a notch maxis & the sims studio. We don't want the vanilla, 1946 game you have provided us. We are not playing this game on a tablet device, we are playing it on a PC which has a lot of potential, I find this completely disgusting.

See, that's the thing. It's cuz this game was supposed to be the Olympus online game. If they didn't have the slight idea to make it online, I'm sure TS4 would have been way more awesome and feel more like a PC game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

If you started playing The Sims 1, it wouldn't have felt that silly. XD Sometimes when I'm playing TS4, I feel like I'm playing TS1 but with better graphics. I ain't even complaining cuz it's nostalgic for me. Now if only the EPs will be as awesome as the TS1 EPs! :tongue:
    I've been simming since TS1 and it's still ridiculous to me
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member

the facts

compare.jpg

See 2nd images, the baby tied to bassinet :D

Now the authorized words about cut off toddlers:

Rache Franklin: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    Tellex wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is The Sims 1 with better graphics.

Now lets put into perspective that The Sims was released in 2000.

It is now 2015.

Time to kick it up a notch maxis & the sims studio. We don't want the vanilla, 1946 game you have provided us. We are not playing this game on a tablet device, we are playing it on a PC which has a lot of potential, I find this completely disgusting.

See, that's the thing. It's cuz this game was supposed to be the Olympus online game. If they didn't have the slight idea to make it online, I'm sure TS4 would have been way more awesome and feel more like a PC game.

Yes and what type of idiotas change an idea halfway though? "Oh maybe the people don't want an online game (no sheeeeit) lets do a quick change of that". I've been playing Sims since I was 11 (2001 - since the first release) and played all throughout the different generations of the sims with all expansions and I can say, Sims 4 is very silly to me.

They should just trash this one, fire Rachel Mutha-truckin Franklin and start fresh. Give us things we've never seen before in the sims, things so close to reality for a change. Give us newer age groups like preteens, have sims grow gradually rather than birthday cakes popping them into grown sims. God they could go so much further with this game but they choose not to. Their excuse? *whiny voice* "It's too expensive and hard!". Not too expensive when you got a huge fan base IMO.
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    batmanpanda3batmanpanda3 Posts: 13 New Member
    The thing I'm scared of is if they do add toddlers but in an EP
  • Options
    PinkmonkeyPinkmonkey Posts: 188 Member
    Don't expect too much from this game. That's the unfortunate truth. If i were you, I'd stick to TS3 a while. Wait out the Sims 4's lifespan and pick up TS5 when and if it comes out. By the way, how is the sims 3 in comparison to sims 2? I skipped it when it was released, but I'm missing toddlers and the open world sounds appealing.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP Rachel Franklin does not approve.
    She is very happy with the current state of the game and that is what matters.
    It is not important how we players feel.
    It is our duty to keep Rachel happy, we should buy whatever they give us at whatever price. Be grateful and stop asking for features specially the ones that are TOO EXPENSIVE
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Toddlers will come when the time is right, but that time isn't right yet.

sorry Colton but have to correct you.
    Toddlers will come when Rachel says so, it has nothing to do with right or wrong time.
    If Rachel thinks we dont want toddlers then it means we dont want.
    She knows us better than we know ourselves.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2015
    > @leo3487 said:
    > the facts
    >
    >
    >
    > See 2nd images, the baby tied to bassinet :D
    >
    > Now the authorized words about cut off toddlers:
    >
    > Rache Franklin: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time

I remember downloading different coloured cribs and finding it awesome. At the age of 11 in the year of 2000.

I want something else now, at the age of 26 and given the fact that this is 2015. So I completely agree with OP.

I haven't played the game so far as to having a baby, did they give us different coloured cribs this time at last? :D
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    i want my money back for the sims 4.

Good luck with that. I mean it. TS4 is tied to your Origin account so you cannot resell it, unlike past games if you got tired of them. EA doesn't care once it has your money.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Oh God, yes, I had forgotten all about this horrific interview, I was somewhere between laughing uncontrollably and bawling my eyes out when I read it for the first time. As a Family/Generations (mainly) player myself, I can 100% relate to you and I completely understand why you want to return the game. I guess only if they release a Family/Generations-themed EP, most of us will finally be able to enjoy this aspect of the game once more.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    > @gothprincess4ever said:
    > Oh God, yes, I had forgotten all about this horrific interview, I was somewhere between laughing uncontrollably and bawling my eyes out when I read it for the first time. As a Family/Generations (mainly) player myself, I can 100% relate to you and I completely understand why you want to return the game. I guess only if they release a Family/Generations-themed EP, most of us will finally be able to enjoy this aspect of the game once more.

That is exactly how it is for me. I completely agree.
  • Options
    miss_squeebsmiss_squeebs Posts: 60 Member
    Personally, I find taking care of the babies in the bassinets a lot easier than what it was previously. I think they will add toddlers later, an option in an expansion pack--specifically made for family players. That way, those who are not family players have the option to fore-go the toddler stage. Which, even though they are adorable, it can be an annoying at times.

And yet, it is even more annoying to have to pay real money for a simple toddler life stage. Which should really have come with the base game. *crosses fingers for toddlers in a free update* They are annoying at times but life really is better with toddler sims.
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

the facts

compare.jpg

See 2nd images, the baby tied to bassinet :D

Now the authorized words about cut off toddlers:

Rache Franklin: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time

Wow, when you see it like that.... just wow!
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"