The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Geeky expansion pack idea

jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'm a big fan of Felicia Day and the Geek and Sundry website. Anyone out there think a Geek and Sundry themed EP would be fun?

It could open options for different table top games.
Or official Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton sims!

I remember in the past there was an EP about Katy Perry for the Sims 3. Any other ideas for this? How can we contact Felicia Day to get the ball rolling?

I'm hoping I can keep this thread alive to see if any part of it will be brought into the game. Even if its not specific to Geek and Sundry...I still like all the ideas people are saying. I think this could be a lot of fun!
Post edited by jinerator on

Comments

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Not sure about a full EP, but I can definetively see a Geeky Stuff Pack happening. It could include geeky clothing, accessories, more posters (we really need those), video game consoles, laptops and the new gameplay item could be a gaming table that could even allow our sims to play D&D! Right now I use the poker table with my geeky sims and pretend they're playing Munchkin instead lol.
  • Options
    FantiSciFantiSci Posts: 87 Member
    It would be a great GP idea. Not sure about targeting real life geeky icons, but parody/homage versions would be fun. And EA could take even greater advantage of their franchises - I know we have Mass Effect / Dragon Age nods in the game already, but a geek pack would give free rein to the crossover enthusiasts.

Perhaps, instead of an outdoor campsite or a spa, we could have a convention site or comic/video game studio? Or, even better, a virtual game world for Sims - we could get to see what goes on inside those VR goggles for a change. Bonus points if the Sim is able to bring rewards and collectibles back to reality with them, or at least have rewards delivered to their house if they meet objectives in the game. It would be a great excuse to add more rewards, traits and features for the Programming, Logic and Video Game skills, or return the Geek social group to the game (post-Get Together).

A proper Reading skill would also make sense in a geeky GP - I'm an avid reader, but aside from a few Bookworm rewards in Sims 3, there's little advantage to having your Sim read non-skill books. At thye very least, it should affect the Writing skill. If a geeky GP became a thing, your Reading, Writing and Art skills were high enough, and you had whatever "geek points" they decide to implement, comic book / manga artist could become a valid career.
  • Options
    It being a game pack would be good too. I'm more in favor of what could be brought to the table rather than worry about what category it would belong to. I like the ideas of the virtual gaming part and possibly bringing back items. That would be awesome to see.

Its funny, I pretended they were playing Munchkin too, lol!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    It would be cool if they could buy the video games for the console as well!
  • Options
    If there's ever an expansion that will have holidays again, there could be a National Table Top Day. It could expand on sims reading comic books, can play table top games and game tournaments. I like the idea of a game con, or a comic con.
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I like these ideas! Maybe for the conventions they should dress up in costumes Comic Con. I'd love to see that!
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    I'm all for cosplay. Theres already Star Wars costumes in game, so there could be more. Like all the characters from The Guild. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a Codex running around?
  • Options
    Anyone else have some more fun ideas for this to be a Stuff Pack, or Game Pack, or Expansion?
  • Options
    SoftballSimmer19SoftballSimmer19 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @vessme said:
    > I like these ideas! Maybe for the conventions they should dress up in costumes Comic Con. I'd love to see that!
    yeah they should but you would have to buy the tickets before they are sold out
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I think being able to meet in the park for a LARP would be fun.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    MyDoodlebugMyDoodlebug Posts: 164 Member
    I would love to see ping pong.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2015
    Oh god. Have a sudden urge to make all the members of The Guild in sim form <.<

Geek Stuffs

More card game options on the card table. Battle cards layout for games like Magic: The Gathering etc.
    Retro game consoles either as a buyable, buildable kit, or reward for some kind of geek event.
    LAN party event type for group gaming either co-op or against eachother.
    Tabletop gaming, this would be especially good as craftable table and pieces for customisation (think TS2:FT train set, but more options).
  • Options
    LARPs would be so much fun! I wonder how it could become a skillset. Maybe Imagination skillset.

I like the idea of the craftable table. Maybe they could make a sewing machine and make a sewing skill. Then your sim can make costumes! Oh the possibilities!

Ping pong tables would be awesome!
  • Options
    The craft table could make LARP weapons like swords and shields...
  • Options
    I think this would be an awesome expansion to the game! Maybe I should start a petition...does anyone know if it actually works?
  • Options
    Geek and SUndry is doing a giveaway to celebrate the 16th anniversary of the Sims! Maybe we will see some Geek and Sundry things pop up in the game after all! Geeks and nerds rule!