Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moody Mods. Please help!

princessmeikoprincessmeiko Posts: 7 New Member
Hello, fellow Simmers!

I've had various issues with sims and my computer for quite some time, but I've finally built a machine that can handle the games that I play. In January, I had to wipe the computer clean to work on my hard drive. Before doing so, I made a backup of all of my Sims 4 files. I procrastinated for a long time regarding re-downloading the game and putting all of my content back in thanks to school, but I'm finally invested in the game once more.

Low and behold, I'm having mod issues.

Here's the problem:
I cleaned out most of my mods and got rid of all of the faulty and outdated ones so the game would run smoothly. My mods folder is now all neat and tidy like it was before. I started up my game, and the CC list came up, like usual. I went into one of my saved games and found my sim, bald, naked, and completely "vanilla" (aka no mods). I thought maybe it was because I loaded in my saved games before my mods, so I attempted to change her appearance. In the hair folder, there was 1 out of the 56 downloaded mods that I have. 1.

I exited the game and did some searching. I was told to edit the Resource.cfg file with:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

I remember doing this before with my mods pre-wiping hard drive clean. However, when I attempt to do it now, the game says it has a an issue and won't even open. If I return the Resource.cfg file to its usual content, the game runs, only showing my CAS mods and furniture. but no clothing or physical appearance mods work. I'm assuming this issue is regarding the Resource.cfg file, but if I can't edit it, I'm at a loss. I'm the type of person who refuses to play the game if my mods don't work.

I have the Script Mods box checked off, and considering some mods work, I know that it's not the mods that I have downloaded that are the problems. Each mod I have is a .package file, so it's not an issue regarding zipping/unzipping.

Any tips or advice are very much appreciated. I'd be happy to give further information to help fix my problem.

Comments