Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Little Confused About An Alien Baby

I have some married sims, who've just had a baby. One of said sims, Ayden, is a CAS created alien, my first one. The baby has stymied me.

I was under the impression that alien babies appeared in alien cribs and that was how you knew they were aliens. My sim's baby, Anthony, is in a normal crib but has his dad's purple skin and an alien baby gro. Is there any way of knowing whether he's a full alien or not without aging him up?

Comments

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I've had full alien children from abduction but never from 'try for baby' with one human parent, I've also only had the alien crib from abduction babies, I took the sim in labour to the hospital and came home to the alien crib. I'd just wait it out if you're on normal life span, just to be sure (aliens are acting up in my game, I have a full blue alien who's turned into a purple half alien!). If you're on normal life span Anthony will be ready to age up in no time :smile:
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    I have some married sims, who've just had a baby. One of said sims, Ayden, is a CAS created alien, my first one. The baby has stymied me.

I was under the impression that alien babies appeared in alien cribs and that was how you knew they were aliens. My sim's baby, Anthony, is in a normal crib but has his dad's purple skin and an alien baby gro. Is there any way of knowing whether he's a full alien or not without aging him up?

I think aliens that have babies with humans will have hybrid babies. It's hard to tell now since aliens which is hybrid and which is alien, since aliens can now have hair. But when the baby grows into a child you'll know for sure. If it's bald and in alien outfit & u can set a disguise, it's definitely alien. If it grows up and has hair, it's a hybrid child.
  • Options
    SavorySageSavorySage Posts: 72 Member
    I have married sims, wife is alien and husband is sim. They have a baby that is sim with the skin tone of his mother. Their son isn't alien. You can tell the information of their baby by looking through one of the parent's side. If you look through the household, or friend option, it will show son or daughter and whether or not if they are known alien.
    It seems the only way the baby is in a alien crib is when the sim was abducted and has a baby from an alien. The baby will also be an alien. However, if the alien (from sim and alien parents) has a baby with a sim that baby will also be a sim with the skin tone of the alien parent. If the alien (from sim and alien parents) has a baby with an alien the baby will be an alien. When the baby comes home from hospital it is in a regular baby crib.
    I have been testing different scenarios to see what happens. :)
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Thank you all :)