Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better Boards Arrangement? [IDEA]

Just so you know my perspective: while I'm just a regular member here, I have years of moderating experience on multiple forums under my belt. I know how communities like these should function and what makes a good idea for a forum.

We have accumulated a lot of individual boards here over the years. The Sims 3 has a forum for each EP and SP, which results in a HUGE block of boards that I have to scroll down to. After a while, the forums for The Sims 4 will have a similar fate, with one for each EP and Game Pack. I think this is ridiculous.

At the moment, I moderate another forum for The Sims franchise. We also used to have a board for each TS3 EP, but recently, it was decided that we could make them sub-forums of a general "Expansion Packs" board instead. This reduced the clutter of the main forum by having the listing look more like this on our site:

jIEQrvq.png

Therefore, there's a lot less scrolling to do to get to boards under it. And boy, are there a lot of important ones there! For us over here, I have to scroll through 21 EP and SP boards in order to get to the Creative Corner, or Stories and Legacies. Let's stop that, and perhaps stop that for TS4 before it gets ridiculous.

So, suggestion #1, in short: make the EP/SP/GP boards into sub-forums, for easier scrolling.

My next observation is a little more minor, but I'd like a few boards to be re-arranged in order. Also on top of the "Community" section for TS3 are the boards for Create a World and Create a Pattern, and bizarrely enough, the TS2 community. I propose to bump Community above those. But this is more minor than my first suggestion.

I hope these can be discussed as ideas from someone with a similar background in forum management, so we can have the best community we can have.

- Trip
A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr

Comments