Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A first for me. My Elder Challenge

Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
I am making up my own legacy challenge. I have played them, but never created one and wanted to throw an idea on this to my fellow Simmers. Someone may have even done this already and I didn’t find it. If there is one let me know.

I am making one on Elders, since I don’t think our Elder Sims get much attention. I am thinking of calling it the Eldercare challenge.
This requires a few cheats to get started.

First create a lot that can accommodate 8 Elder Sims comfortably. I made one for a 30X20 with six bedrooms, three full bathrooms and 6 partial bathrooms with just a toilet and sink or shower stalls. I also included a large kitchen, dining room, entertainment room, study with three computers, gym, and swimming pool with other backyard activities. Just have many things for your Elders to do and enjoy their twilight years. You will be catering to their needs and make sure they are happy. Try to become friends with as many as you can.

You can only create your first elder Sim with any traits to move into that lot using a big motherlode cheat. Then using manage worlds as they become available, move “not in world” Elders into the Eldercare lot until you fill up the lot. You are not allowed to create new elders after the original. You can only move in ones that are naturally generated. Keep aging off until you can grab enough elders generated by your game to fill the lot with. It shouldn’t take too long. Turn aging on once your lot is full. This will not be a playable lot once it is set up.

You must make your playable Sim a YA with any traits, but food and cleanliness traits will be a plus. The welcome mat reward is helpful too. Your Sim is going to be the caregiver to the Elder Sims on the lot created as a retirement home. Your YA cannot live on this lot, but live in a separate one on their own. You do not load the Elder Lot at all after the initial set up. I allow my YA a “kaching” cheat now and then because I don’t think they should have to pay to cook for the elders. They can earn their own simoleans for their household by selling paintings if you want to make it a harder challenge.

Your YA will travel to the retirement lot each day to prepare meals, clean the home, do repairs and entertain the elders. You can give your YA the weekends off, but one of the goals is to prep the graves or urns for each Elder as they die. When an elder Sim dies and you are at the lot, grab the urn and set it at a selected area for your grave site or mortuary. I am thinking of making a basement level one to keep them in. I haven’t decided if there should be a penalty if you miss an elder Sim meeting the Grim Reaper or not. As each Elder dies you use “Manage Worlds” to move in another Elder. When your Sim nears elder age you should keep the occupancy down to 7 because when your Sim turns into an Elder, guess what… they become a resident and you pick a new YA to become the new caregiver. Try this and see how many YA’s you can go through.

I am thinking of using a single parent and maybe have their child follow and take over in their parents place once the parent moves in as an elder. I did one cycle and found myself oddly attached to certain Elder Sims. Some of them can be very entertaining to watch and it can be funny seeing how they interact with each other. I usually ignored them in all my previous games and found this a fun way to get to know them. Any thoughts?
Post edited by Montrase102 on