Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm a bit concerned how to pay for this gamepack...

midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
When EA clearly shows that only selected countries will receive cash cards/Game Cards from Origin to purchase games through them and I don't see Australia getting any cash cards, I've already asked Target Australia, and they have not heard of any sort for EA to do this for customers. As many simmers out there will probably miss out as they don't have credit cards to purchase any games through Origin.

can a SimGuru help me in this matter please, thankyou :blush:

I'm from Australia and would like to know anyone else knows anything about these cash cards, and please tell me where to get them in Australia.

thankyou for reading.

:neutral_face:

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I'll notify some SimGurus for you. ;)

@SimGuruBChick‌
    @SimGuruGraham‌
    @SimGuruHydra‌
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »
    I'll notify some SimGurus for you. ;)

@SimGuruBChick‌
    @SimGuruGraham‌
    @SimGuruHydra‌

thankyou colton147, much appreciated :smile:

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Does Australia have prepaid credit cards? They work like regular credit cards but have a specific amount of money on them; you can't spend more than the amount of money that's on there but you (or someone else) can add money. I know some parents who use those for their kids when they go away to camp and they want spending money to buy snacks or T-shirts. That could be a possible option if it's available; you could take the money you would have used to get the pack in a store and get a prepaid credit card for that amount (maybe a bit more to cover possible taxes).

I hope that EA has thought about the international audience for Sims 4 and will provide ways for them to get the content when it's not available in retail stores, especially younger players who might not have a credit card and can't get their parents to buy stuff online.

Best wishes.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    @stilljustme2, I've never heard of prepaid credit cards before, I must look into it further, thanks.
    Yeah, I hope EA looks into these game cared internationally especially when younger players have no way of buying the sims games without a game card or a credit card.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    I am more concerned about the compromised accounts a little while ago that EA hasn't really addressed.

http://simsvip.com/2014/12/30/caution-users-reporting-fraudulent-charges-on-origin/
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    @stilljustme2, I've never heard of prepaid credit cards before, I must look into it further, thanks.
    Yeah, I hope EA looks into these game cared internationally especially when younger players have no way of buying the sims games without a game card or a credit card.

The most popular of these cards is popularly referred to as "vanilla Visa". Just thought I'd share that to help narrow down your search.
  • Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member

Hey there, fellow Aussie!!

At most Post Offices around Australia, they sell cards that you can buy with money on them - Visa cards. I think they give you the option of $50 or $100, so it's perfect to save for future Game Packs/DLC as well! I'll see if I can pull up an info link right away.

Tomorrow I'm walking into town and headed straight for the Post Office, to buy myself one of those for my present to myself and a birthday present for a friend :smiley:
  • Options
    @midnightpearl - search 'Load&Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid Card' on Google - not sure if my comment will get approved.
  • Options
    Also, if you put in your postcode or suburb, and pull up your local Post Office, it should say, under Finance and Insurance, if they have the Visa Cards.
  • Options
    @DaB1gv thankyou and do you use them for Sims games too?, if so I'll go and have a look tomorrow, thanks again :smiley:
    @nateslice thankyou :smiley:
    @Ashkevron thanks for the link :smiley:
  • Options
    @DaB1gv thankyou and do you use them for Sims games too?, if so I'll go and have a look tomorrow, thanks again :smiley:
    @nateslice thankyou :smiley:
    @Ashkevron thanks for the link :smiley:

I haven't yet needed to use anything for a digital only payment - I used to get SimPoints from EB Games, and always bought the physical copies of games, until now. From what I understand, the prepaid card is basically a savings card that cannot go under 0, because it's prepaid. I'll ask my post office tomorrow. On the AUS. Post site, is does say that they can be used for online purchases.
  • Options
    @DaB1gv ok, I'm going to ask as well :smiley: thanku
  • Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    Woolworths also offer prepaid master cards.
    You can choose between reloadable or one time use

https://www.woolworthsmoney.com.au/wowm/wps/wcm/connect/WowMoney/WowMoney/Prepaid+Cards/
  • Options
    Mitch656 wrote: »
    Woolworths also offer prepaid master cards.
    You can choose between reloadable or one time use

https://www.woolworthsmoney.com.au/wowm/wps/wcm/connect/WowMoney/WowMoney/Prepaid+Cards/

woo, I didn't know this either, thankyou, I will look into this further :smiley:

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Just buy an Origin card from game then use the code.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    We don't get the sim cards here in Canada either so I will be going out today and getting a preloaded Visa.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    Just buy an Origin card from game then use the code.

Origin cards are not availlable in all countries including mine.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    When EA clearly shows that only selected countries will receive cash cards/Game Cards from Origin to purchase games through them and I don't see Australia getting any cash cards, I've already asked Target Australia, and they have not heard of any sort for EA to do this for customers. As many simmers out there will probably miss out as they don't have credit cards to purchase any games through Origin.

I'm from Australia and would like to know anyone else knows anything about these cash cards, and please tell me where to get them in Australia.

thankyou for reading.

I have a feeling that purchasing this should be no different than purchasing anything else for the Sims 4. Just use regular cash or a credit card, when you buy it at the store, or your credit card, if you buy it via origin.
  • Options
    Damienf519 wrote: »

thankyou for reading.

I have a feeling that purchasing this should be no different than purchasing anything else for the Sims 4. Just use regular cash or a credit card, when you buy it at the store, or your credit card, if you buy it via origin.

Some peole do not have or want to use credit cards, also the game packs will be available digitally only.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Damienf519 wrote: »

thankyou for reading.

Some peole do not have or want to use credit cards, also the game packs will be available digitally only.

Then use a debit card :) I'm pretty sure most banks give out debit cards for most ages now, just cash in your money at the bank so it goes on the card.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    edited January 2015
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    I am more concerned about the compromised accounts a little while ago that EA hasn't really addressed.

http://simsvip.com/2014/12/30/caution-users-reporting-fraudulent-charges-on-origin/

Yes mine was hacked, and 2 games were bought. Origin told me I didn't need to change my settings.

Luckily I did because they tried to access it again the next morning from Russia and I'm in England!!

Plus I don't have a Reddit account as reported on Sims VIP, so be careful.
  • Options

Yes mine was hacked, and 2 games were bought. Origin told me I didn't need to change my settings.

Luckily I did because they tried to access it again the next morning from Russia and I'm in England!!

This is why I never use or will use credit/debit cards
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

This is why I never use or will use credit/debit cards

Me neither.

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    So - this gamepack is ONLY available as a digital download through origin?

I checked amazon and came up with nothing.

IF I buy it I will probably buy one of those EA game cards. I bought them by the ton for sims 3 store stuff but haven't bought any in quite some time. I haven't even seen one in ages, though I haven't purposely gone looking in the game section at stores for them.

To me it's worth the extra hassle of going to the store, buying the game card, and then trying to get Ea or origin to accept the card and give me the points.

That is too bad they don't sell them in all other countries.

I work at a large store that sells so many gift cards and different credit cards it would make your head spin. I have used the pre-paid Visa once or twice. It's a bit of a hassle but can be worth it. Usually there's a $3 or $4 cost just for the card purchase, then you go online and register it. Then you basically use it just like any other credit card, except the money is already on there.

A lot of people give them as gifts. The only difference is the card may not be registered in your name and address , so certain stores or purchases may not accept it. For instance ones where your address has to match on the card.

• Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    you can open a pay pal acc. that will work . that how I do it