The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    maria19520831maria19520831 Posts: 14 New Member
    No 2D decoration houses and lots and make the world a real 3D world like in the sims 3. :#
  • Options
    PastelDanPastelDan Posts: 45 Member
    I really want to be able to build more than just 3 stories. The limit should be around 5. 3 is way to little. :c
    OCFGsVj.jpg
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member
    PastelDan wrote: »
    I really want to be able to build more than just 3 stories. The limit should be around 5. 3 is way to little. :c
    I would like to build at least 7 stories (+ 4 basement stories) to houses in The Sims 4 to be honest. It would be awesome! And I remember that in Sims 2 there was that awesome floor cheat that allowed us to build many, many more than 3 stories to houses! :D
  • Options
    ACEANDLADYACEANDLADY Posts: 45 Member
    I think it be awesome to have your kids get suspended from school for cheating or pranks. Be able to ground your child sims or put them in time out. Your sim get suspended from work with no pay before getting fired. Have volunteer work available for teens. Have elders be able to knit sweaters with sleeves different sizes or too short. Washing machines!
  • Options
    Home schooling, and after-school activities would be great (as some may have said already here), and Teacher skill (hopefully we will get open School venues with an active teacher skill). :)
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 309 Member
    I think you should add some things like the attraction system from the sims 2, were sims are attracted to certain sims regarding turn ons and turn offs. And also add more service sims like fire fighters, police, nannies and butlers.
  • Options
    yelly201yelly201 Posts: 79 Member
    Not sure if this has been said, but we should have more options for ambitions! I like that we can change them at any time, but I always feel like I get into a rut when trying to fulfill ambitions. I wish there were an independence ambition, for example, for gamers who want their sims to be more self-sufficient. I think that'd create interesting gameplay - how to garden food and live off that, how to live off royalties from crafted objects/songs/books, etc.
  • Options
    yelly201yelly201 Posts: 79 Member
    Oh, and on a separate note, adding zoning in worlds for multiple-family lots (e.g. like apartment or condo style living) would be cool too - but door locking needs to happen before that can!!

On that note... more worlds, please EA!
  • Options
    LoneOnyxStardustLoneOnyxStardust Posts: 397 Member
    I would like to see an option to edit the angle or distance of the image when uploading a house to the gallery ( not too sure how to word that)
    I mean sometimes the houses i make and upload look fine in the thumbnail but ive had a few where the image everyone sees in the gallery cuts off a large portion of the house, takes the picture from the wrong side etc
    Check out my gallery Origin ID LoneOnyxStardust

• Options
    JarnonkJarnonk Posts: 2 New Member
    I want a special world to do more people in one world (online world) i hope that that is gonna happening!
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Being able to tell a sim to perform an action, switch lots to a different sim and know that the first sim is still doing what you told them to do (eg: writing jokes, fishing, performing, crafting, etc)
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2015
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    PastelDan wrote: »
    I would like to build at least 7 stories (+ 4 basement stories) to houses in The Sims 4 to be honest. It would be awesome! And I remember that in Sims 2 there was that awesome floor cheat that allowed us to build many, many more than 3 stories to houses! :D

One of troughs staircases with the trap door like thing outside the house I have seen in films and windows that can fit the top part of the walls to give some light in basements :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    dupercrazie1993dupercrazie1993 Posts: 13 New Member
    Would love the idea of trap doors. Also think it would be ace to have some of the interaction back from TS2 that was lost in TS3, thought TS3 romance interactions were nothing compared to those of TS2.

I can live without create a style from TS3 because by the end my computer couldn't keep up and I had well above minimum spec at the very beginning.

You win some, you lose some, but ultimately I think that there are still a lot that needs to be done to the game to make it anywhere near what we have been used to in the past, it just takes time! Some people can be so impatient.
  • Options
    TrinuhteeTrinuhtee Posts: 3 New Member
    Maxis needs to stop excluding the content they put into previous sims base games from the new base game. It seems to me if maxis had combined sims 2 and sims 4 together it would have exceeded everyone's expectations. Sims 4 has potential. It disappoints me that I can hardly customize my own neighborhoods. I can't select the name or pick up and move the lots around. I'm only limited to two worlds. And why did they kick the toddler age group out - how unrealistic. In the sims 2 your newborn baby wasn't just limited to its crib. I feel bad for that poor thing. I find it rather ridiculous Maxis could just rid the game of toddlers. Jumping from a newborn to a child going off straight to school? Come on now. Young adults don't turn straight into elders. I am also ashamed of the lack of emphasis on family generations. Maxis has disappointed a lot of its players. I expected more from sims 4 I really did. I didn't bother to play sims 3 because the graphics to me seemed a little cartoonish. All in all though, I find myself getting bored easily with the sims 4 whereas I pulled all nighters when I played the sims 2. Another thing I would love to see in sims 4 is [b]height[/b]. We got body shape, we got voice alternations, now if we could just get height in there things would be perfect.
  • Options
    TrinuhteeTrinuhtee Posts: 3 New Member
    And what happened to the memories panel? I'd like to see that implemented in there.

There should also be a new town with community lots how it was in the sims 1 and sims 2 games.
  • Options
    PastelDanPastelDan Posts: 45 Member
    After building a little noticed a couple of more things I want.
    - Ability to turn the room function off, and make placing walls/foundations more like TS3.
    - Being able to place a room on ground level whilst having another room on a foundation somewhere else on the lot. Right now everything needs to be at the same level.
    - Make pillars work more like TS3. They have a grid over them, but you can't place floors on them before putting a foundation (???) on top of them.
    - The constrainfloorelevation cheat. Making modern-styled houses is very difficult without it, as you can't have multi-leveled flat roofs, creating that cool boxy style.
    OCFGsVj.jpg
  • Options
    Archangel4lifeArchangel4life Posts: 47 Member
    More tattoos. Woohoo in the shower. Toddlers.
  • Options
    Hannah707Hannah707 Posts: 20 New Member
    > @Trinuhtee said:
    > Maxis needs to stop excluding the content they put into previous sims base games from the new base game. It seems to me if maxis had combined sims 2 and sims 4 together it would have exceeded everyone's expectations. Sims 4 has potential. It disappoints me that I can hardly customize my own neighborhoods. I can't select the name or pick up and move the lots around. I'm only limited to two worlds. And why did they kick the toddler age group out - how unrealistic. In the sims 2 your newborn baby wasn't just limited to its crib. I feel bad for that poor thing. I find it rather ridiculous Maxis could just rid the game of toddlers. Jumping from a newborn to a child going off straight to school? Come on now. Young adults don't turn straight into elders. I am also ashamed of the lack of emphasis on family generations. Maxis has disappointed a lot of its players. I expected more from sims 4 I really did. I didn't bother to play sims 3 because the graphics to me seemed a little cartoonish. All in all though, I find myself getting bored easily with the sims 4 whereas I pulled all nighters when I played the sims 2. Another thing I would love to see in sims 4 is [b]height[/b]. We got body shape, we got voice alternations, now if we could just get height in there things would be perfect.

I hate not being able to move the lots around!!! Its like they actually FORGOT to input that into game. However, i loved the sims 3. The sims is supposed to look cartoonish and if you don't like it, there are things you can download to make things look a lot more realistic. But i do agree with what you think should be done. I get bored really easily too, but that is because i am used to playing the sims 3 with all of the expansions that i have installed and with the lack of content the sims 4 left out, there not much to do once your done with your career.

I wish we had a bigger map and with the ability to customize it. The no toddlers thing is ridiculous. I just don't understand how you can take away whole age group and think people wouldn't mind it. Same thing with the garages, dishwashers, trash compactors, and the ability to woohoo in the showers man!
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Pretty much everything you've posted, FusionFang7, with a slight change to this one-

Larger neighborhoods (more than 5 lots)

Change to Larger neighborhoods (more than 5 lots) and population limit much larger than 180 sims

I can't stand that we have such a small population limit.
  • Options
    s0xquisites0xquisite Posts: 14 New Member
    If they brought back the daycare center career and expanded on it to an actual venue instead of just the sim's house. Also to have all the appliances that was available in TS3 and the customization of recoloring and textures.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Not being able to disable townie generation is driving me batty :rage: I've possible mentioned it before, but the frustration is growing. If I want to play a game with only the sims I add to the neighbourhood I should be able to! Maybe allow a dozen NPCs for services, but if those services aren't there - say I haven't hired a maid and I've demolished all the community lots - then those NPCs shouldn't generate at all.

And create-a-world.

And more sandbox play and family play. At this point I am bored to tears of TS4. I've never been bored playing a Sims game before :disappointed: I'm still here because I love the franchise and I have hopes...
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    StarduztStarduzt Posts: 83 Member
    Sims relationships need to be improved! I love how there was a description in sims 1, for example if they were lovers it would show: 'I love this sim, I can't imagine my life...' Also the way that seems engage now due to multi tasking is a bit frustrating. Although it's great they can eat, sit, watch tv and perform social interactions, everything feels pretty much like the same. You have dozens of options to interact but in the end it feels like sims are just chatting. There is no option to ask to spend the night? The depth of relationship seems very shallow maybe because they're no memories as well which might come back later on a EP
  • Options
    More hair colour, especially light brown shades and more realistic colours as well. Maybe even the ability to add highlights to cretain hairstyles (or why not ALL?). Also ability to edit tattoos, nails (and nail color!), and adjust the strength of a lipstick. :)
  • Options
    LyricAiLoveLyricAiLove Posts: 54 Member
    We seriously need more appliances. Dishwashers would make things so much easier. But I'd imagine we'll get all the kitchen stuff in an EP or gamepack. Coming soon, Culinary Delights Gamepack.
    <3 I'm believing you and I can do anything, we can change the world
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Ashmine wrote: »
    I noticed a trolley,cruise ship, and train. Why not make it to where sims can realistically ride the trolley and train and take a cruise? Why not in airplanes too? When a sim rides the rocket, the scene can switch to outer space and have them explore like in sci-fi movies. Or have them travel to and live in space in an EP or whatever. Make the neighborhoods fun and full of activities and options.There should be more interactions in each venue, more things to do in town. Why not a realistic zoo, aquarium, state/county fair, etc? There could even be something like drag racing for criminals or rebels in general. Surely some of these ideas can be done.
    On top of all this I would like to have more choices for traits.