Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fixed - I cannot use the fridge nor cook since the latest patch

Marieke020Marieke020 Posts: 57 Member
I tried with different households, replaced the appliences, but nope. My Sims can't cook anymore since the latest patch. They can grill, but can't use the stove or fridge for cooking. The appliences do take the money though.
Post edited by Marieke020 on

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2014
    Had the same problem. Deleted cache and localthumbnail and deleted everything in the Save/Scratch folder as well as all the Saves ending with 01. I always save and load my own, if you don't, do not delete those saves ending in 01. Game runs great now. Loads are faster too.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Thank you. In the cache folder was just one file with a time stamp before the update. I remember there used to be more files. Deleting this file did the trick. My Sims will not die of hunger. Yay!
  • Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    I'm having this issue as well - tried repairing the client, moving households, etc. with no success. Deleting the cache files seems to have done the trick! Thanks :D
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    In other threads for most "repair game" (right click on the game icon in origin) is enough to solve the problem.
    This option deletes the bad cache file that causes it.
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    I had this but it seems to have gone without me doing anything at all. It was there yesterday, but today they can cook fine. I have no idea why.
  • Options
    TiffanyRoseTiffanyRose Posts: 121 Member
    I had the same issue, so bad in fact that I couldn't even load the family anymore. Fixed it, and now it's doing it AGAIN. EA needs to fix this asap.
    Gallery: Hellkittenn
    Simmer since 2001.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I had the same issue, so bad in fact that I couldn't even load the family anymore. Fixed it, and now it's doing it AGAIN. EA needs to fix this asap.

It was the Repair Game fix?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ladygeekfaceladygeekface Posts: 2 New Member
    This worked for me. Yay! Just hope I didn't delete anything wrong..