Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game doesn't resume as I left it before quitting

sims4giovannisims4giovanni Posts: 7 New Member
I have this issue. Don't know if it's a bug or what, as it suddenly started happening. When I quit the game, I always do it when all the household members are sleeping. ALWAYS. These last 3 or 4 times, I have entered the game, and after selecting the green Play button on the household, the Sims that were supposedly sleeping are all awake and doing what their autonomy dictates them, with the clock at some minutes after the Sim hour I had left them, without the Energy bar being full. It seems that the game unpauses, current interactions (Sleep) are stopped and they are left to free will while the plumbob screen loads the game (which is also another issue, but I'm not discussing that at the moment).

The strange part is that this "widespread insomnia" started being more accute after I changed to two newly-created households. Before that, the issue didn't happen as accentuated as now. The first time, I thought it was because the active households changed, but after I went back to my initial household, played it, paused, saved game and quit, and resumed back -some times already-, it just kept doing it.

Did it break? Is their "inability to stay asleep as long as desired" caused by something I did? Is that a common issue? Is there going to be a fix? Is there something I can do to prevent it from happening again?
Thanks!!
Post edited by sims4giovanni on

Comments

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited December 2014
    I always pause the game, save as and then exit. When I go back to play and load the house it is still paused but everyone is standing with their arms out. When I unpause the game my Sims go back to what they were doing before I exited the game. This includes sleeping. edit: The time does not change either.
  • Options
    related: I also saw a mod that pauses the game when traveling. It keeps your Sims from running every which way while you wait for the loading screen to finish. I don't personally use the mod. I just thought it was useful information.
  • Options
    Ooh. So you use "Save as" instead of just "Save"? I will try that. Thanks!! However, that's something in need of fix, though...
  • Options
    > @AnnLee87 said:
    > related: I also saw a mod that pauses the game when traveling. It keeps your Sims from running every which way while you wait for the loading screen to finish. I don't personally use the mod. I just thought it was useful information.
    I will see if I can find it, because that is also one problem (the one I said I wouldn't talk about just yet). Thanks, again. :smiley:
  • Options
    Pause-save as-exit
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    > @AnnLee87 said:<br />
    > related: I also saw a mod that pauses the game when traveling. It keeps your Sims from running every which way while you wait for the loading screen to finish. I don't personally use the mod. I just thought it was useful information.<br />
    I will see if I can find it, because that is also one problem (the one I said I wouldn't talk about just yet). Thanks, again. :smiley:

That may be this one, by scumbumbo, which is AWESOME!!! "Always Start Lots Paused"

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=537584

• Options
    edited December 2014
    It's on MTS

Edit --- Yes the one mentioned above is the one I saw.
  • Options
    Thank you both!