Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

21 days...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Well my TS4 sims are going to celebrate Christmas this year as I downloaded the TS4 tree from TSR.

My TS3 Sims will be celebrating Christmas as well.

TS3 Xmas thread will be in the store forum and TS4 Xmas thread will be in Sims and Modeling.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Also if time permits I ll do a TS2 Xmas thread.
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @catloverplayer:

So your Sims are pretty busy then? Well whatever you and your Sims do, have an amazing Simsmas/Christmas :D
  • Options
    HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    The only reason I celebrate Christmas is because my mother insists on getting the family together save my father to have dinner; and my father's family (he remarried) invites me to their house and I can't express to my little sister my thoughts about Christmas and just try to go along with it because she enjoys it. We play around and after hanging out for a bit I return to my home and that's it. If they forget about me I wouldn't celebrate Christmas at all. Sorry if I sound like Scrooge...

> @LovelyMelody said:
    > My grandparents (who I never got to meet before they died) are all Christian but my dad doesn't believe in God and therefore we never celebrated Christmas as kids and as an adult... I mean I'd like to celebrate Christmas, but with who? I've lost most of my friends since high school because I'm not into the party lifestyle and my boyfriend celebrates with his family, and they're not my biggest fans.
    >
    > So... instead I'm going to celebrate Christmas within the game. I downloaded a big Christmas tree which is one of my favourite things I would love to buy my own tree and lights in real life but there would be nothing to go beneath it.

Sorry to hear that, but you can do what my brother used to do with his girlfriend: he put a Christmas tree in his living room, bought some presents for her and put them beneath the tree until the day his girlfriend came to his apartment (which was eiher the 25th or 26th). His girlfriend also put some presents for him beneath the tree days before so when they were together again at his apartment they would open their gifts together. Or you could make/buy Christmas-related stuffed dolls that have presents with them and put them beneath the tree to make it look more lively (I would post links but I can't since I'm a new member)
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • Options
    @LovelyMelody:

I am surprised that you don't celebrate Christmas, I mean, I know your dad is an atheist but I don't believe in god either and we still celebrate Christmas. I think the problem is Christmas is about two things, one is the birth of Jesus but I think that's getting old now! People celebrate the gifts and Santa Claus more than they do Jesus, so maybe you should talk to your dad, tell him that the true meaning of Christmas is no longer the birth of Jesus because when you watch TV this time of the year the adverts never contain Jesus or are about god, they're always about family and Santa Claus so I think the original Christmas tradition of Jesus is pretty much gone! My family and I celebrate Christmas together because we're thankful that we have each other and to me that's what Christmas is about, family and friends.

Good luck and whatever happens I hope you have a wonderful Simsmas/Christmas.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    My grandparents (who I never got to meet before they died) are all Christian but my dad doesn't believe in God and therefore we never celebrated Christmas as kids and as an adult... I mean I'd like to celebrate Christmas, but with who? I've lost most of my friends since high school because I'm not into the party lifestyle and my boyfriend celebrates with his family, and they're not my biggest fans.

So... instead I'm going to celebrate Christmas within the game. I downloaded a big Christmas tree which is one of my favourite things I would love to buy my own tree and lights in real life but there would be nothing to go beneath it.

oh that sounds quite depressing. I am not that religous but i still celbrate it where are you from?

I live in Australia but born in another country. :)

See if you were in the UK (near Reading you could have celebrated Christmas with us)
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    on simas/christmas eve I will be spending it with my family and then on simas/christmas I will be home with my mom and sister, i might be playing some sims as well.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Not sure what I'll be doing yet; my mother-in-law might want to go to early Christmas Eve services so we'll have to take her (she's in skilled nursing, plus is in a wheelchair so we do all her transporting). If she doesn't want to go then my husband and I can do a late night service which is my favorite, because of all the music (full choir) and such.

This weekend though we're going to be doing some holiday festivities; a tourist train operation (Roaring Camp) over the hill near Santa Cruz has two different excursions, one a Holiday Train decorated with lights that runs from Santa Cruz to Felton and back, the other on the narrow gauge that goes from the depot in Felton up to the top of the hill where they've got a lot of decorated trees. So we're doing the Holiday Train on Saturday night, stay overnight in Santa Cruz, and do the narrow-gauge train on Sunday afternoon. Really looking forward it -- not just the train trip but the chance to get away as a couple. I've had to share my husband with his mom and brother so I appreciate the opportunity to get him to myself. <3
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    @pinkknight1006:

That's awesome, have a fantastic Simsmas/Christmas and a Great new year! :)

@stilljustme2:

Well I hope you enjoy the Christmas Eve services, if you go :)
    But overall have an amazing Simsmas/Christmas with your husband.
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    @MiffoShort Happy holidays to you as well. Hope you enjoy yours.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    @pinkknight1006:

Thanks. Have a great holiday :)