Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmer gift ideas?

I'm lost for ideas as to what to ask for this Christmas. Anything good that's Sims-related that I could ask for? xD

There was a good list on SimNation (which they kindly let us use on SMagazine) but that's all I've found.
SMagazine is a magazine all about design and inspiration in The Sims, full of your creations, tips and interviews with people in the community (even SimGurus from time to time!)

smagazineofficial.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Do you have SteelSeries The Sims 4 Laser Gaming Mouse, SteelSeries QcK The Sims 4 Gaming Mouse Pad and SteelSeries The Sims 4 On-Ear Gaming Headset yet? :)

If you do you could ask for any computer upgrade if you need it (as years progress sims will take more and more space), the full The Sims 3 collection (definitely need a good PC for that), or other simulation games.

For example I found Tropico, Simcity, Cities XL series all fun. Plus I have games like Cook, Serve, Delicious, Prison Architect, Game Dev Tycoon, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Reus and a lot of other simulation games on steam that I love to play.

If you limit yourself to sims only, then get everything sims branded, including previous sims games collections, or ask for money to save for future expansions.

If you're a simulation lover in general, looking around on steam is worth it :)
  • Options
    georgeishungrygeorgeishungry Posts: 94 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Do you have SteelSeries The Sims 4 Laser Gaming Mouse, SteelSeries QcK The Sims 4 Gaming Mouse Pad and SteelSeries The Sims 4 On-Ear Gaming Headset yet? :)<br />
    <br />
    If you do you could ask for any computer upgrade if you need it (as years progress sims will take more and more space), the full The Sims 3 collection (definitely need a good PC for that), or other simulation games. <br />
    <br />
    For example I found Tropico, Simcity, Cities XL series all fun. Plus I have games like Cook, Serve, Delicious, Prison Architect, Game Dev Tycoon, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Reus and a lot of other simulation games on steam that I love to play. <br />
    <br />
    If you limit yourself to sims only, then get everything sims branded, including previous sims games collections, or ask for money to save for future expansions. <br />
    <br />
    If you're a simulation lover in general, looking around on steam is worth it :)

I have the mouse, it's great! :D I'm asking for some more RAM for my computer, and maybe the Simcity complete edition. :) What are you asking for?
    SMagazine is a magazine all about design and inspiration in The Sims, full of your creations, tips and interviews with people in the community (even SimGurus from time to time!)

smagazineofficial.co.uk
  • Options
    > @georgeishungry said:
    > mirta000 wrote: »

> I have the mouse, it's great! :D I'm asking for some more RAM for my computer, and maybe the Simcity complete edition. :) What are you asking for?

heheheh, nothing.
    Cons of being a uni student living away from home is that you ask for money in order to buy food/ pay any payments that you're late on. I do tend to gift things to myself at random. Gifted myself a pink microsoft mouse recently, but that sims mouse looks sooo good right now -.- having in mind that mice normally die after a year or so, I'll probably get that one when this one dies :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    @georgeishungry - Do you have an SSD in your PC? That's my Sims-related wishlist item this year :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    didnt they say that if you have more than 4 gb RAM, the sims wont work..

Seems weird to me but it is what they wrote everywhere on gamesites..
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    didnt they say that if you have more than 4 gb RAM, the sims wont work..

Seems weird to me but it is what they wrote everywhere on gamesites..

The game will still work. It just doesn't itself use more RAM. But having more RAM means that you can easily do things like check on the Sims Forum while you're playing ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @SimsFur said:
    > didnt they say that if you have more than 4 gb RAM, the sims wont work..
    >
    > Seems weird to me but it is what they wrote everywhere on gamesites..

On 8 GB here (as on 4GB Wildstar runs poorly) and Sims 4 works just fine o.o
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    then a lot of websites should update their articles, cause they state it wont work.. always thought it doesnt make any sense though
  • Options
    @georgeishungry - Do you have an SSD in your PC? That's my Sims-related wishlist item this year :)
    That's one thing my PC doesn't have (it's custom built :3 ). Is it worth the money? They cost a bit, lol. :P If I had one I'd probably use it for Windows and as many programs as I can cram onto it. :P

smagazineofficial.co.uk
  • Options
    then a lot of websites should update their articles, cause they state it wont work.. always thought it doesnt make any sense though
    TS4 (as with every other Sims game) works fine with any amount of RAM, but it only utilizes 4GB, since it's 32-bit.

smagazineofficial.co.uk
  • Options
    Hthr0120Hthr0120 Posts: 292 Member

Due to The Sims 4 being a 32 bit game, it won't be able to use more than 4 gigs of ram. This is a shame too. Because of this as expansions and stuff packs come out the game is going to get more and more glitchy.
  • Options
    ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    the Deluxe upgrade
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    Just ask for money and save it for whatever EP comes out whenever it comes out.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.