Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Books Disappearing

I made a sim who is a writer. When she writes book they appear in her inventory but after a while they disapper. I cant find where I can buy them again an id like to keep a collection to keep as I go down the generations!
Please help. :(

Comments

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Book shelf or family inventory
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    Look around the house?
  • Options
    beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    Not only look around the house but also outside. I've had sims just put their books down on the ground when they've been out in the garden.
  • Options
    jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    I've had this problem. I looked in each sim's inventory, the family inventory, around the lot, in each bookcase and still haven't been able to find them all. I don't know where they all go, but you're not the only one that has the issue!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Maybe your sim put it down at some point and a house guest picked it up. Not sure if TS4 has this problem but in TS3, sometimes guest would pick things up and take off.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    If you publish them, they disappear from your inventory. I believe this issue has been brought to the devs' attention with a request to make it so you can buy them after publication.
  • Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    If you publish them, they disappear from your inventory. I believe this issue has been brought to the devs' attention with a request to make it so you can buy them after publication.

This. If you haven't published them, grab a random book out of the bookcase, put it on a table or the floor, then click on the bookcase to tell a sim to clean up books. If the book you're looking for is anywhere on your lot, they should search it out and put it in the bookcase.
  • Options
    Wilko1971Wilko1971 Posts: 18 New Member
    > @SpradaciSproj said:
    > If you publish them, they disappear from your inventory. I believe this issue has been brought to the devs' attention with a request to make it so you can buy them after publication.
    Thanks! Ive checked round the house but there isnt anything. Hope they fix it soon though.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I've had this issue, but not with published books just with ones that I've bought. They were all in my Sims inventory. I briefly left that game to add some more Sims to the neighbourhood, and when I returned to that household all the books had vanished. :( And I'd foolishly bought quite a few. I now have a poor, bookless Sim. :neutral_face:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I bought the tablet twice and it walked right out the door!
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I keep finding the tablet on the bookcase, shoved back in a space where it's hard to see. Have also found it on the piano and on the dining room table. I haven't lost any books. They just get left in random places like the tablet. If I click on the bookcase and make someone pick up all the books, they find them. As far as books my Sim has written, there has only been one so far, and once he published it, it was gone. I kind of thought it was supposed to be that way, though. Maybe not?
  • Options
    Is there any way it but the book? I can't find them in the but section though :(
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    One party guest left his tablet at my sims' home recently. It could be because when I last played that other sim's house, he was chatting on the tablet with the party host... though that was 12 hours before the party ;) Maybe it was like "I'll give you my new tablet if you invite me to your party tomorrow!" "Deal!" "'kay, check your coffee table after the party."

Also, fire the maid. That's where the coffeepots and teapots are going, so I suspect some of you have had books go that way too!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    > @enkeli63 said:
    > One party guest left his tablet at my sims' home recently. It could be because when I last played that other sim's house, he was chatting on the tablet with the party host... though that was 12 hours before the party ;) Maybe it was like "I'll give you my new tablet if you invite me to your party tomorrow!" "Deal!" "'kay, check your coffee table after the party."
    >
    > Also, fire the maid. That's where the coffeepots and teapots are going, so I suspect some of you have had books go that way too!

My sims don't have a maid though. The books were sent to the publisher anyway :\
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    What gripes me is that my writer sim constantly reads her written books when she's out on the town then leaves them at the bar, park, library, gym--wherever she visited. I have to watch her like a hawk. Even then, I've had to send her back to fetch them more than once. At least no one has walked if with them so far. (I have her hold onto them because later on either in the career or the aspiration she's supposed to submit X books, so I keep the first ones she writes until she receives that goal.

I had a book get placed beneath a career reward. When I clicked on the reward I saw only reward choices. I only found the book when I was in build/buy and moved it. There was the book. You couldn't access it when it was covered up.