Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

painting houses pains me

why is it when i go to paint my exterior walls i press shift and it doesnt paint the whole house....I have to scroll around and do it piece by piece....it is very annoying when you have a larger house

Comments

• Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    Holding down shift works for me
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    A fine example is breaking one room into two by adding a wall. The room tool still sees it as one room, so when you shift paint, the whole area changes color. You have to paint each section at a time. I miss being able to set the area I wanted to paint by painting the two end walls then everything in the middle. *sigh*
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    bitterascandybitterascandy Posts: 224 Member
    I use the standard wall tool....so that makes sense it that every stroke of the wall is done individual so the painting will follow that...thanks..i will try the other wall tools and build it in one swoop
  • Options
    bitterascandybitterascandy Posts: 224 Member
    mind you the interior paint with shift cover the whole wall in one click....but i will play with it
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    It happens to me too. I just chalk it up to the fact that I cant place rooms good(although the rooms paint all at once) therefore the outside has to be at every angle just to finish painting it.

Lets not even discuss roofs, LOL
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    The roofing in this game is horrible. I hate that I can't combine Gable and Hipped anymore because someone decided to remove the eaves from the hipped roof. Maybe a better idea would have been to make eaves a separate feature. Just sayin'.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    The roofing in this game is horrible. I hate that I can't combine Gable and Hipped anymore because someone decided to remove the eaves from the hipped roof. Maybe a better idea would have been to make eaves a separate feature. Just sayin'.

I'm with you 100% on this. Personally, I miss auto-roof because I stink at making roofs with the way it is now. I asked about roofing in Ask a Guru a few weeks ago and it appears they are revisiting how roofing works, so there may be hope.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    I have problems with painting the exterior of my houses, too. Used to be you could just hit and hold down the shift key and voila. Not so much anymore. I have to move the cursor, shift and hold, them move around to the next unpainted section. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's a pain in the tookus, quite frankly.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    @GalacticGal this is an old thread, no idea why the person before you has revived it with a personal review of their handyman... random advertising?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    Didn't read the entire thread, but in TS4 holding SHIFT will affect room by room. If you cover only 5 wall tiles, it's because the room inside is 5 tiles long.

I wish we could paint it all in one click, but it never really bothered me that much, besides there might be the need of paying attention to details, or using several wall designs on the same house etc. :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, thanks for the additional tips here!

It looks like this was bumped by a spambot that's since been dealt with, so I'm going to lock this thread back down to prevent further necro-posting.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top