Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pool Problem! Unclear pools.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    Sims really need to stop peeing into the pool...

Agreed. Hahaha.
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    What you never peeed in a pool? Yeah right! Just like my slob sim needs to quit farting!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Just for the record, my game has crystal clear water. So I don't think its the game

I'm not having this issue, either, for the record.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    You guys might also try to update your graphic cards.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    Here (for those who are not familiar with updating drivers) : http://help.ea.com/ca/article/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    I'd bet just about anything that the people seeing this are in laptop mode.

Laptop mode lowers the graphics settings on a lot of things, and particularly water. Try turning it off -- though those of you with really crappy video cards (like the Intel 4000s) will probably experience some pretty nasty lag as a trade-off.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
    Trick wrote: »
    I'd bet just about anything that the people seeing this are in laptop mode.

Laptop mode lowers the graphics settings on a lot of things, and particularly water. Try turning it off -- though those of you with really crappy video cards (like the Intel 4000s) will probably experience some pretty nasty lag as a trade-off.

Mine is running just fine with Intel 4000. It was just the pool I had an issue with. No lag or anything.
    I think people just need the right settings.
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I have an NVIDIA GT 740M and I still play on laptop mode cuz I don't want my lappy to be too pressurized. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I have that same problem, unfortunately. I'm guessing it's because my game is on my laptop so it's really designed to play games...oh well. Good to know that it's just my computer, and that they didn't release an unfinished pool design to the players. Imagine the next patch *You can now see inside of the pool your sims are swimming in! omg!*
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    cheyh719cheyh719 Posts: 251 Member
    OMG! i thought the water was suppose to look like that! I feel like a total ding dong now...i actually thought it was kinda cool looking how the water kinda looked like dirty lake water when they splashed each other and that it moved like jello....wow the things you learn on forums :#
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Glad you got it fixed!
  • Options
    Rockinchica777Rockinchica777 Posts: 131 Member
    The non-clear pools is definitely a graphics card problem. This problem was visible on my friends laptop who has a integrated graphics card like the intel cards.
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    That's a really pretty avatar, @MollyG1997! She's got that strong sort of beauty going on, like a valkyrie.
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    BaasPet wrote: »
    If you have 'laptopmode' switched on try and switch this off in the game options.<br />
    <br />
    Sorry if my English isn't up to scratch, I am from The Netherlands. :)

I did that, it worked for me! Thanks!

modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    At the live broadcasting yesterday they had the same problem but with the ghosts. They will fix it soon :D

I didn't know about the live broadcast, is there a link to it?
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited November 2014
    I have a gaming computer and I was fiddling with my graphics settings in the game the other day. I tried laptop mode and everything looked pretty much the same except the water. Suddenly it had no detail just like your pic. It's definitely something to do with playing your game on a laptop and it sounds like you have intergrated graphics which aren't good for playing any game. You should really have a dedicated graphics card to get the best out of gaming. I'm 99% sure it's not a bug.

Sucks but it's probably your laptop. Even though I have a decent graphics card the fan in my computer goes crazy when I play the Sims and it's really frustrating. So I have problems of my own :/
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    I have this problem the water looks thick but the other waters in the game are crystal clear
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    You aren't missing much, mine is normal and to be honest it stretches the sims all weird underwater, even the kids, it looks awful honestly. Sorry you are having issues though.
  • Options
    neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    I'm having that wierd stretchy thing happen, too. As soon as a sim gets in, it looks like a graphical glitch, even though I'm pretty sure that's what its supposed to look like. I don't play on a laptop. I have an Alienware gaming desktop and my pool water still looks like they are swimming through gelatin. I can see the bottom, though. The water just doesn't move organically at all. I will try lowering my lighting settings to low (they are already on medium.)
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited November 2014
    At the live broadcasting yesterday they had the same problem but with the ghosts. They will fix it soon :D

@windweaver Here is the link to the youtube Pool Live Broadcast:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eH8ErDqHm8&list=UUpgihDxSWlaMgrkukaeqFiw

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »

@windweaver Here is the link to the youtube Pool Live Broadcast:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eH8ErDqHm8&list=UUpgihDxSWlaMgrkukaeqFiw

Thank you
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Looks like the BSOD threw up in the pool.