The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

England/british style sims

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,095 Member
    Being of English Heritage, myself, and only the third generation from a British Immigrant, seeing things from the Brit side would be exciting for me. :D
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'd love a Brit style Sims. I loved London, loved the English countryside (sheep everywhere). I loved those little single lanes with high hedges and grooves in them where the car mirrors wore the foliage away. I love the red phone boxes, seeing red buses, hearing "mind the gap" when the underground train doors opened. The pubs and chip shops...yeah. Bring it on!
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    I would love to experience a London/British lifestyle!
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited October 2014
    You've got to include the whole British spectrum!

If there were an British pack, I would flood my town with clones of David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Rowan Atkinson, and Stephen Fry. (And maybe one John Barrowman as well, though I forget if he's actually British or not.)

I'd be giddy to have a Brian Blessed voice on some of my Sims.
    Post edited by katoregama on
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    Xx_LumiNati_xXXx_LumiNati_xX Posts: 105 Member
    David Tennant and John Barrowman are both Scottish actors @katoregama
    14948075703_d5801b1c42_o.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I wasn't sure, hence why I said "to include the whole British spectrum." XD
    Post edited by katoregama on
  • Options
    It was just an FYI :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Catherine Tate though. <3

"Am I bovvered? Do I look bovvered? Ask me if I'm bovvered. I ain't bovvered!"
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I would love to know what British tv shows you watch in America.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    I watch Doctor Who, Broadchurch and the American Adaption, Gracepoint. I saw Blackadder and I'm looking forward to The Night Manager with Tom Hiddleston and Huge Laurie.
  • Options
    Myself I just watch whatever I find on Netflix when I have time. Mostly old re-runs I'm sure, and mostly comedies, or horror movies. Red Dwarf, the Catherine Tate Show, Fawlty Towers, Black Adder, Doctor Who and Torchwood. I don't usually do a lot of TV watching, so my repertoire is limited.

One of my favorite horror movies of all time was, I believe, a British film called The Expelled. It took place in England at least. It was this father and daughter and a few staff trapped in a school with murderous children in hoodies. At first you thought they were just delinquents, but by the end of the movie, you couldn't tell if they were supernatural or not. They would just appear out of nowhere, often in groups, and you never saw any faces. It was great!

British TV is pretty superior to everything we have here though.
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    katoregama wrote: »

I wasn't sure, hence why I said "to include the whole English spectrum." XD

Just a heads up...best to use British if you're not sure if it's English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish...people tend to get offended being lumped into 'English' :smile:

We're a complicated little nation!
  • Options
    HattyLou wrote: »

Just a heads up...best to use British if you're not sure if it's English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish...people tend to get offended being lumped into 'English' :smile:

Ahh! I'm sorry, I didn't know! D: I'll fix that right away.
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    HattyLou wrote: »

Ahh! I'm sorry, I didn't know! D: I'll fix that right away.

No problem, it's easy to get confused by it! :smile:
  • Options
    MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    I wouldn't mind...give me a billy idol rebel sp...or something british punk :) btw yes I'm an american XDD ha,ha
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    See if you can find Only Fools and Horses :D A very old but fantastic british comedy. If you've not already seen it ;)
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    YazFoxxy wrote: »
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I would enjoy it. I loved WA just for the chance to see other countries. I have no idea how accurate they were, but I really liked them. Being a rather poor American, it is very unlikely I will ever get the chance to ever see another country, excepting the time I went into Canada for the day, and that looked just the same as home.

Do you not have mail boxes in Britain? Do you just have the smaller boxes on the front of the house by the door instead?

Letter box through door. ;_; I WANT A MAIL BOX.

Really?! Do things get in? Like bugs and little lizards and things? And isn't that cold? I have cousins who live out west, and even with a closed house things like scorpions get in. They taught me to always check shoes before you put them on!

But I would love an EP with other countries, as long as they are accurate and I can learn things about the country, and not just stereotypes.

sorry this made me laugh. we don't get lizards and our bugs are no threat, Some of our letter box's have a brush on the inside to stop unwanted stuff, like bugs but mainly to stop people breaking into the house. as the box is actually a hole in the front door, big enough for a letter, not much else. But people have managed to break in. go look on ytube there is bound to be something there to show and explain our letter boxes holes.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 373 Member
    Well to be honest the way the sims have always been isn't accurate for every American either. Some of us have mail slots in the door, I have a box on the wall of my porch and some people have to cross the street or walk down the road to their mailbox. Being from The Great State of Texas when they have weather there is way to much rain for me and it doesn't get nearly hot enough.

I think it would be interesting to have other nations represented but I wouldn't expect them to be able to achieve an exact representation. After all what they have in the game now just represents a small section of California.
  • Options
    JennaBean93JennaBean93 Posts: 84 Member
    yee, it'd be fun to do it in the 'world adventures' kind of way where they had a France inspired world etc
    but instead of flying to that world, you could just choose it as a neighborhood and live there :)
    to be honest, I didn't find world adventures that great since there were only 3 worlds to choose from,
    so it'd be nice to have more variety

vacations in the sims 1 and 2 were so good though, hope they come back B'((

I'd like a-lot of different culture inspired neighborhoods or worlds tbh.
    there are so many interesting ways to live and things to do in different countries, it'd be pretty nooice

(*)
    karlpilkingtonplz.png?1
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    I feel like everything would kind of be stereotypical though.. red buses and telephone boxes are only in London, the same goes for black cabs and such.

Nonetheless I'd enjoy this kind of EP so long as it included other normal British things, rather than just the obvious choices.
  • Options
    MaximusTimeMaximusTime Posts: 25 New Member
    I am British and YES! That sounds like a great idea =) Old castles, beautiful green meadows on the contrast with grey gloomy sky! Oh I miss England so much... Besides pubs would be so much fun lol
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    Like Downton Abbey "Hey you, get out of my wing of the house" British? Or like, Charles Dickens "Please sir, I want s'more shawboo" British. #ignorantAmerican
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    EuanSim wrote: »
    I feel like everything would kind of be stereotypical though.. red buses and telephone boxes are only in London, the same goes for black cabs and such.

Nonetheless I'd enjoy this kind of EP so long as it included other normal British things, rather than just the obvious choices.

Not true, Glasgow and Edinburgh both have black cabs and double deckers too, as well as the nice red phone boxes. Actually I've seen those phone boxes in the strangest places, my favourite being a tiny village in the highlands that didn't even have a shop - but they did have a phone box lol
  • Options
    beckyh101beckyh101 Posts: 147 Member
    If there was UK themed content it would be nice to see stuff that wasn't just based on stereotypical 'British' and London. I'm biased since i'm from the north east but we have some awesome Cities
    2462zyx.jpg
    2qsb95c.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,791 Member
    edited October 2014
    I would love to see a British town or village but even if EA/Maxis did do that how many people (parents I suspect) would say "how come my son/daughter's "Johny's" sim (which is a child) allowed to go into a pub-aren't they for YAs?" (Not that I think its matters in this case since sims children can attend the drink places) since Pubs in North America means a place where one goes to get 'juiced'.

@the Oxford people, did you know the Alice in Wonderland author worked at the local university in Oxford which dinning hall which was used for the first two Harry Potter movies?

@everyone else: did you know Henry the VIII is buried in St.George's chapel, at Windsor casle next to his 3rd wife, Jane Seymour (I saw it with my own eyes the grave).
    6adMCGP.gif