Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resort buffets and mermaid hunger

geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
I noticed the resort buffet tables barely satisfy a sim, especially mermaid sims who have a rapidly depleting hunger bar. A mermaid can practically sit at the buffet tables and eat like Jabba and still not be full. Is this a glitch?

Comments

• Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    edited October 2014
    @geekgirl101, it's more of an oversight by the developers than a glitch as mermaid hunger is better satisfied by eating raw fish or kelp, neither of which are available from buffets.

This mod may go some way towards alleviating the situation by allowing mermaids to be more satisfied by eating meals made with fish, like sushi.
    Get Moodlets From Meal Ingredients + Increased Hunger For Mermaids From Kelp/Fish Meals
  • Options
    The buffet tables are also affecting normal sims though. I've watched them eat 4-5 times to get full whilst mermaid sims have to eat 4-5x as much.
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @geekgirl101, that is true, buffet foods do not satisfy a Sim's hunger to the same extent as regular meals.

I think the developers were going for an 'all-you-can-eat' style buffet which would not have made sense if it only took one meal to fill your Sim up :)
  • Options
    Problem there though is that it takes so much time to walk to buffet table, grab a plate, go back to table, sit down, eat, thumb twiddle, get up, go back to buffet table etc. It takes up half their day eating.