Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruModSquad Unable to override display_name value of aspiration objective

While overriding an aspiration objective in one of my mods, I found that I'm unable to set the display_name of the objective to point to another string ID, whether it's another string ID while already exists in the stock game or a custom string ID. Whatever I specify in the display_name of the objective XML is ignored - it would continue pointing to the original display_name string ID. The only way I could modify the display name is to override the original string value of that particular string ID.

Being able to specify a custom display_name string ID may have the benefit of falling back to the us_en version if the string has not been localized to other languages (I assume?). Right now, my mod shows the original unmodded text if used on a non-us-en version of the game, which doesn't really match up.

Is the inability to override the display_name by design, or is it a glitch? I have not tested it on anything other than aspiration objectives at this point, though.

Comments

• Options
    velocitygrassvelocitygrass Posts: 103 Member
    Did you also modify the DATA file of the objective? They are responsible for the rendering of things.
  • Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    velocitygrass is correct, look for the Sim Data resource (0x545ac67a) - that will contain the localization key used by the UI.