Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love the all the sims franchise, including the sims 4. Just have a few suggestions for the sims 4

I really hope someone reads this. I have the sims 4, I've played sims 1,2, and 3. I love all of them and the improvements that were made with each game. I am also a little disappointed with each game. I don't know if anyone at EA actually reads these posts but if they do here are changes/ improvements I would like to see with the Sims 4.

1) some form of story progression that was better than sims 3. Sims in the sims 4 need to be able to advance in their careers, full fill their aspirations, form new relationships, and continue on families based on their simology when they are not being actively played. I idea was introduced int eh sims 3, but to be frank, story progression in the sims 3 was terrible. I used a mod that worked better than the game story progression. If you need ideas EA look at the mods. Most of the time it did not work. The sims 4 needs a new an improved version that works, and it needs the option of being turned off for those who do not want it.
An example if your confused would be if I have a sims that wants to be at the top of his writing career. He is ambitious, has the traits to succeed, and he has a computer. If I leave him for a week he should have advanced in his career at least on level if not more.
Another example is if I have a family oriented female sims that is romantic and outgoing. If I leave her for a while and I know there are single male sims, she should have a love interest, maybe be engaged, or have a baby on the way. You get the idea, this rarely happened in the sims 3.

2) Expansion packs. It seems to me sims3 was an improved version of the sims 2. The sims 2 came out with the base game, then there came expansion involving pets, careers, travel, supernatural creatures, and seasons. etc. The sims 3 came out with a base game, then there came expansion involving pets, careers, travel, supernatural creatures, and seasons. etc. Do you see a pattern? Honestly I was surprised and disappointed the sims 3 did not have everyday life events/objects/creatures like seasons, pets, and travel in the base game. Those are standard in real life and the sims is a simulation game, yes?
The sims 4 should have blown the sims 3 out of the water, it did not. The first expansion should include pets, season, cars, more public lots, and more careers as well as stuff packs. Just to get them out of the way, all other expansions should be something new and innovative. Just my opinion, but please.

Those are the two major things I don't like about the sims 4. On a more positive note, I love the new moods and all of the interactions that come with them. I also love the new build/buy mode in the game. So much easier! The create a sims are wonderful too. I think the sims 4 is a good improvement compared to the sims 3, but it needs to be great!

Comments

• Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    If they included that much content in a single expansion, there would only be room for one item per category, making every single one of them nearly useless..
    ..there's a reason each expansion has a theme for all it's content