The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Emotion Type Ideas.

I know this probably won't appear until they implement the graveyard or something but I think the frightened emotion would be great! Because being frightened is a feeling and a emotion right? so I think this type of emotion would be awesome and a good trait to go with it would be the returning "coward " trait.

Another Emotion I would like to see is the fearless emotion, now I know the fearless and confident emotion might have similarities but I think its different enough to have its on emotion slot and being fearless/brave may have some benefits for future EP's, like an "world adventure" type of EP and great trait to go with it is one my favorite traits,the brave trait.

So thats all I got, what do you think of these ideas?

Comments

• Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Agreed wholeheartedly on fear and the return of a coward trait, no matter if it comes with a patch or an EP.

The only other emotion I can think of is jealousy, but we already have sims reacting with anger, sadness, and embarrassment when they catch people cheating (when the reaction works anyway), so I don't know if it would be necessary.
  • Options
    PaperPandaPicnicPaperPandaPicnic Posts: 131 Member
    I agree that fear would be a great emotion to add!

Just today a fire started in my sims house (first fire ^.^ ) and all the children freaked out and ran away. The animation looked afraid but they were just "very tense". I don't think that fit very well. However, single mom got out an extinguisher and put out the fire. After she put out the fire she ended up confident and the kids tense for another day.

Personally, I don't think fearless needs to be an emotion though. Maybe as a trait like brave? However, I don't think we should describe any emotional state as the absence of another emotion. For example if fearless were an emotion it would technically apply all the time your sim isn't afraid. I really think confident works well for someone feeling like they don't need to be concerned they will be fine/succeed (opposite of afraid?).
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Fear would be great in the inevitable Supernatural/Ghost EP :)
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I definitely think fear and jealousy are needed in the game, that would be great :smile: To be honest I haven't experienced all the emotions yet after 40 hours of gameplay! My sims have only been flirty, happy, tense, focused, energized and inspired so far. Still, the more emotions the better right? Might flesh out the game a bit more :wink:
  • Options
    mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    Jealousy is also a must I think. I sure would be jealous if my boyfriend would run around and flirt all the time!
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Jealousy is also a must I think. I sure would be jealous if my boyfriend would run around and flirt all the time!

or a Yandere trait
    the overbearing love that borders on the psychologically homocidal tendercies upon the person they love
    and moreso on others who tries to get close to the person.

I think Yanderes are quite attractive at times >//u//>
  • Options
    Yeah, jealousy might be a cool addition. But also when someone is jealous they are often also some other base emotion (angry or sad generally) which are already in the base game. So if I caught my husband cheating I would be jealous, yes, but I'd be more angry and more sad so if I had to pick one word to describe me total mood it wouldn't be jealous. I think this is a complication for any more complicated or higher level emotion. It means the base emotion does not apply to the situation anymore, as sims cannot experience multiple emotions at once like real humans can.

What I like about the fear suggestion is fear is a base primal emotion that is not necessarily accompanied by anything else. So we aren't losing other reactions/emotions to fear.
  • Options
    ooppii1ooppii1 Posts: 90 Member
    A fear emotion could be cool. So you start off be worried, then scared, then very scared, and at the end frigthened, and die from it if you keep scaring your sims :)
  • Options
    Oooh, I like worried or anxious as the lead up feeling to afraid to have reactions to things that are more minor. I could see a lot of things giving sims worried/anxious moodlets, like getting bad grades, or when you have a baby being worried about being a good parent, when they start a stand up comedy routine with low skill, ect. I also think a worrier type sim would be fun and maybe even more fun then a coward. I have to say necrotic was one of my favorite sims 3 traits. They could seek reassurance, and maybe they could scroll up the wants for lots of planning type actions or doing things that will make you better long term.

Also, children scared of the dark and monsters under their beds.
  • Options
    AlcrestonAlcreston Posts: 70 Member
    Fear is definitely up there.

Mischievous - Basically a product being a jerk used to fuel evil sims that isnt positive like playful or unwanted like anger and more like happy for nasty folks. Teenagers should get this randomly to simulate mood swings. It should provide a performance boost when going to an evil type work.

Sick - You're sick basically. A strong emotion that will overpower anything else. Left untreated can lead to death by sickness.

Drun... I mean Juiced Up - :p Getting by spending too much time at the bar. Will simulate and open up interactions for extremes of different emotions. Flirty become very flirty, anger becomes very angry, playful becomes very playful. Not recommended going to work under this state. Also death by getting too juiced up. :p
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    * Scared > Terrified (Potential to die of fright).
    * Confused, perhaps a second 'Frustrated' tier too.