Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggest name change for this forum

Can I suggest you eliminate all mention of "mods" and "cc" and "technical" in this forum, as people are attracted to posting technical queries about how to download or use CC. I'd suggest something like "Coding Details" as the title and "Resource and Data Format Advice" for the description, which looks completely uninviting to anyone who isn't deeply into modding.

Comments

• Options
    MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    "The Bat Cave"
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 2014
    I disagree with Inge's suggestion above, those names are simply crappy IMO. As far as I'm concerned there should be another forum called "CC Help" or "CC Problems and Help" or something similar, because it isn't readily apparent where to post if one has a problem with CC and wants to ask about it. To me it doesn't look like that Sims 4 Technical Discussions forum is for CC help or problems, it is for default game bugs or glitches or crummy graphics cards, Origin problems etc.
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited September 2014
    Unfortunately all people see are the words "Technical Discussions". Maybe if the "General Mods Discussion" forum was changed to something like "Mods & CC: Discussion and Troubleshooting" and this forum renamed as well. Inge's suggestions don't seem crappy to me, but then my vote was for "Extremely Advanced Mumbo Jumbo".
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    "Extremely Advanced Mumbo Jumbo" I like =D

But seriously, no matter what a forum is named, it's never going to be fail safe since you're dealing with human users. They're still going post all over the place .. because they can.

The issue here is not the name, but lack of moderators – apparently EA have no staff for this? (Cf the fact that the ModSquad account did the forum restructuring recently, which is really not a job they should need to be doing if they're one of the devs >.<)
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    Good point pbox. As a moderator on a fan site, as some of you are also, I'm always itching to move the threads myself. It's our job on our respective forums to bring order and get things organized in the proper places.
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    @auntielynds, I know the feeling. I'm a moderator at Simlogical and I was an admin at another site which closed when the owner moved on to another game. When I see someone starting a thread where it's unlikely for them to get a useful response I want to jump in and help by moving it to the right place.